The Number One Guide to Chemical Engineering Principles, Techniques, Calculations, and Applications: Now Even More Current, Efficient, and Practical
Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering, Eighth Edition goes far beyond traditional introductory chemical engineering topics, presenting applications that reflect the full scope of contemporary chemical, petroleum, and environmental engineering. Celebrating its fiftieth Anniversary as the field’s leading practical introduction, it has been extensively updated and reorganized to cover today’s principles and calculations more efficiently, and to present far more coverage of bioengineering, nanoengineering, and green engineering.
Offering a strong foundation of skills and knowledge for successful study and practice, it guides students through formulating and solving material and energy balance problems, as well as describing gases, liquids, and vapors. Throughout, the authors introduce efficient, consistent, student-friendly methods for solving problems, analyzing data, and gaining a conceptual, application-based understanding of modern chemical engineering processes. This edition’s improvements include many new problems, examples, and homework assignments.
- Modular chapters designed to support introductory chemical engineering courses of any length
- Thorough introductions to unit conversions, basis selection, and process measurements
- Consistent, sound strategies for solving material and energy balance problems
- Clear introductions to key concepts ranging from stoichiometry to enthalpy
- Behavior of gases, liquids, and solids: ideal/real gases, single component two-phase systems, gas-liquid systems, and more
- Self-assessment questions to help readers identify areas they don’t fully understand
- Thought/discussion and homework problems in every chapter
- New biotech and bioengineering problems throughout
- New examples and homework on nanotechnology, environmental engineering, and green engineering
- Extensive tables, charts, and glossaries in each chapte
- Many new student projects
- Reference appendices presenting atomic weights and numbers, Pitzer Z factors, heats of formation and combustion, and more
Practical, readable, and exceptionally easy to use, Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering, Eighth Edition, is the definitive chemical engineering introduction for students, license candidates, practicing engineers, and scientists.
This is the digital version of the print title. Access to the CD content that accompanies the print title is available through product registration. See the instructions in back pages of your digital edition.
- The latest Polymath trial software for solving linear, nonlinear, and differential equations and regression problems
- Point-and-click physical property database containing 700+ compounds
- Supplemental Problems Workbook containing 100+ solved problems
- Descriptions and animations of modern process equipment
- Chapters on degrees of freedom, process simulation, and unsteady-state material balances
- Expert advice for beginners on problem-solving in chemical engineering