Highly respected, established text – a definitive reference in its field – covering in detail many methods of the elimination or prevention of microbial growth
"highly recommended to hospital and research personnel, especially to clinical microbiologists, infectioncontrol and environmental-safety specialists, pharmacists, and dieticians."
New England Journal of Medicine
WHY BUY THIS BOOK?
- Completely revised and updated to reflect the rapid pace of change in this area
- Updated material on new and emerging technologies, focusing on special problems in hospitals, dentistry and pharmaceutical practice
- Gives practical advise on problems of disinfection and antiseptics in hospitals
- Discusses increasing problems of natural and acquired resistance to antibiotics
- New contributors give a fresh approach to the subject and ensure international coverage
- Systematic review of sterilization methods, with uses and advantages outlined for each
- Evaluation of disinfectants and their mechanisms of action