« IndietroContinua »
CONTENTS OP VOL. XXXIII.-1851.
Outlines of Astronomy. By Sir John F. W. Hersohel.
I. PHILOSOPHY AND FAITH 185
By G. F. Holmes, Burk's Garden, Va.
1. An Historical and Critical View of the Speculative Philosophy of
Europe in the Nineteenth Century. By J. D. Morell, A. M.
2. Essais sur la Philosophic et la Eeligion au XIX. Siecle. Par Emlle
Saisset, Agrege* a la Faculte des Lettres de Paris.
IL THE USE OF MATHEMATICS IN EDUCATION 218
The Logic and Utility of Mathematics, with the best methods of
instruction explained and illustrated. By Chaeles Davie S, LL. D.
IIL ELIZABETH FRY 226
1. Memoir of the Life of Elizabeth Fry, with Extracts from her Let-
ters and Journal, &c. Edited by two of her Daughters.
2. Memoirs of Mrs. Elizabeth Fry. By Rev. Thomas Timpson.
IV. BISHOP BUTLER 247
By Rev. G. R. Crooks, Pottstown, Pa.
1. Memoirs of the Character and Writings of Joseph Butleb, D. C.L.,
Late Lord Bishop of Durham. By Thomas Baetlett, A. M., Rector of
2. The Analogy of Religion, Natural and Revealed, to the Constitu-
tion and Course of Nature, &c., &c. With a life of the Author, Copious
Notes, and Index. By William Fitzgebald, A M., Professor of Moral
Philosophy in the University of Dublin.
with a New Memoir, Notes, and Introduction. By Simok Wilkin, F.L.S.
Military Academy, West Point. Lecture I.—Mechanics.