The Complete Pelican Shakespeare
Penguin Publishing Group, 2002 - 1754 pagine
THE CLASSIC ONE-VOLUME SHAKESPEARE,
INCLUDING ALL THE PLAYS AND POEMS,
NOW COMPLETELY REVISED AND UPDATED
The distinguished Pelican Shakespeare series has sold five million copies. Now Penguin is proud to offer this fully revised new hardcover edition of The Complete Pelican Shakespeare.
Since the series debuted more than forty years ago, developments in scholarship have revolutionized our understanding of William Shakespeare, his time, and his works. With new editors who have incorporated the most up-to-date research and debate, this revised edition of The Complete Pelican Shakespeare will be the premier choice for students, professors, and general readers for decades to come.
The general editors of the series-world-renowned Shakespeareans Stephen Orgel of Stanford University and A. R. Braunmuller of UCLA - devoted seven years to preparing introductions and notes with a team of eminent scholars to the forty volumes of Shakespeare's plays and poems. Now, the new series is complete and available in one lavish and complete edition.
* Authoritative and meticulously researched texts
* Illuminating new introductions and notes by distinguished authors
* Essays on Shakespeare's life, the theatrical world of his time, and the selection of texts
* A handsome new design inside and out * Deluxe packaging, including a full-linen case, ribbon marker, Smyth-sewn binding, printed endpapers, acid-free paper, and illustrations throughout
* Photos and drawings reflecting Shakespeare's theatrical legacy
* Line numbers marking every tenth line and footnote references
* Both glossorial and explanatory notes appearing conveniently at the foot of the page
Cosa dicono le persone - Scrivi una recensione
The Complete Pelican ShakespeareRecensione dell'utente - Book Verdict
This work opens with short chapters about the theater, a biography, and a note on how the texts were compiled. There is a summary of each of the plays; the text is lucid and legible, with extensive footnotes. Leggi recensione completa
The complete worksRecensione dell'utente - Not Available - Book Verdict
Penguin Putnam shows true strength of Will by gathering all the titles in its Pelican Shakespeare line into a single, beautiful volume, complete with cloth covers and a ribbon marker. (LJ 11/15/02) Leggi recensione completa