« IndietroContinua »
/93. EDWARD THE BLACK PRINCE (History of the
Bookplates of John G. Rebow. The author was British Consul in Massachusetts, 1850-52.
✔96. ELIOT (GEO.) Works (Novels, Essays, Poems.)
97. EMERSON (EDWIN). A History of the Nineteenth Century Year by Year. Illust. with 16 colored plates, 32 full-page half-tone cuts and two maps. 3 vols. post 8vo, N. Y. 1901 FIRST EDN. Bost. 1856
✔94. EGYPTIAN HUMOUR.
The original edition of an extremely clever jeu d'esprit, which won the admiration of eminent Egyptologists.
95. ELEMENTS OF MORAL SCIENCE [Wayland]; Moral Philosophy [Haven]; Elements of Morality [Whewell]; and others. 10 vols.
The Conduct of Life. FIRST EDN.
✔100. ENGLISH CLASSICS. Works and Selections from
EL son, Shelley, etc. Fronts. 12 vols. 12mo, original half
sheep, gilt top edges.
'N. Y.: Appleton, 1896
98. EMERSON (R. W.) English Traits.
101. ENGLISH POEMS [Le Gallienne], Lond. 1895; The Napoleon of Notting Hill [Chesterton], Lond. 1904; The Deliverance [E. Glasgow], N. Y. 1904. 3 vols. post 8vo,
102. ETCHINGS. The American Art Review, 1880. With J
103. EVERETT (ALEX. H.) Poems. FIRST EDN. 12mo, ✔ original cloth and label. Fine copy. Scarce. Bost. 1845 ✔104. EVIDENCES OF CHRISTIANITY [M'Ilvaine]; ↓ Prayer Meeting Theology [Mullois]; and others. 11 vols.
105. EXTRA-ILLUSTRATIONS TO DON QUIXOTE. A Series of 36 Etchings by Lalauze, proofs on India paper. Useful lot for extra-illustrating. 8vo (as a lot).
[Edinburgh, ca. 1880]
109. FICTION. The Loves of Edwy [O'Neil (Rose Cecil)], illust. by the author, Bost. 1904; The Grafters, by Francis Lynde, 1904; The Filigree Ball, by Anna Katherine Green, 1903; The Monarch Billionaire, by M. I. Swift, 1903; Autobiography of a Child, by Hannah Lynch, 1899. 5 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
110. The Seeker [Harry Leon Wilson], and The Lions of the Lord, illust., Bost. 1903-1904; Sixty Jane, by John Luther Long, illust., 1903; A Parish of Two, by McVickar and Collins, Bost. 1903. 4 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
Another set on plate paper and printed in
Her Infinite Variety, by Brand Whitlock, illust. by Christy, 1904; Truth, by Zola, portrait inserted, N. Y. 1903; Tittlebat Titmouse (abridged from Warren's Ten Thousand a Year), illust., N. Y. 1903; Children of Destiny, by Molly Elliott Sewell, illust. by A. B. Wenzell (auto. letter of author laid in), 1903. 4 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
From the Cliffs of Croaghaun.
Hardy's Desperate Remedies; Tytler's Jonathan; Oliphant's White Ladies; and others. 15 vols. 12mo, cloth.
115. FIELDING (HENRY). Works. Etched fronts. to each vol. 12 vols. post Svo, cloth, gilt. N. Y. 1902
116. FIGARO ILLUSTRÉ. Tome Douzième (Vol. 12) for Numerous full-page illusts and vignettes, many colored. Folio, cloth, with the original colored pictorial wrappers preserved. Paris, 1901
117. FISH, THEIR HABITS AND HAUNTS [Prouty], portrait, Bost. 1883; Insect Lives [Ballard], illust., N. Y. 1887; Fly-Fishing in Maine Lakes [Stevens], Bost. 1881; and others. 8 vols.
118. FLOWERS FOR THE PARLOR AND GARDEN [Rand], illust., post 8vo, cloth, Bost. 1864; Hints on HouseE hold Taste [Eastlake], 'illust., 8vo, half calf, Bost. 1874.
119. FOSTER (BIRKET). Sabbath Bells Chimed by the
120. The Home Affections Portrayed by the Poets.
121. FRANKLIN (BENJAMIN).
Life and Times of. By Jas. Parton. Engraved portraits. 2 vols. crown 8vo, V original cloth (backs little damaged and margins discol
Y. 2 others.
ARNETT (RICHARD). Poems, 1895; A Chaplet from the Greek Anthology, 1892 (with bookplates of R. Le Gallienne). 2 vols. 12mo, cloth and half vellum.
↓ 123. GAY (JOHN). Poems. Edited by J. Underhill. EL With portrait of John Gay. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth. Lond. 1893
/124. GAY'S POEMS, with copperplates, 2 vols. 12mo,
125. GILDER (R. WATSON). Five Books of Song. Post
Presentation copy from Richard Le Gallienne, with the
✓ 126. GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE.
A Concise Glossary
128. GREEK AND ROMAN SCULPTURE. Les Monu-
The masterpieces "collected" by Napoleon, chiefly in Italy. Like the pictures, they were finally dispersed amongst their rightful owners.
✓129. GUIZOT (M.) A Popular History of England, from
the Earliest Times to the Reign of Queen Victoria. With continuation to 1874. Edited by Madame Guizot de Witte. Transl. by M. M. Ripley. Profusely illust. with portraits, etc. vols. royal 8vo, sheep; also duplicates of first 3 vols. Bost. [1876-81]
History of France from the Earliest Times to 1848. Steel fronts. and numerous full-page illusts. 8 vols. post 8vo, cloth. Bost. Dana, Estes [recent] Illust. N. Y., n.
131. History of Civilization in Europe. 12mo, half calf extra.
132. HAND-BOOK OF POPULAR QUOTATIONS; Songs for the Household; Hood's Poetical Works; and others similar. 10 vols.
133. HANGING OF THE CRANE (THE) [Longfellow]; Snow Bound [Whittier]. Both with illusts. 2 vols. 8vo, Bost. 1875-87
134. HARTE (BRET). In the Carquinez Woods. FIRST (Published in London a year before the Boston edition.) 12mo, cloth. Lond. 1883
Bookplate of Richard Le Gallienne.
136. HAWTHORNE (NATHANIEL). The Scarlet Letter. Second edn., with Preface now first published. 12mo, cloth (binding slightly stained). Bost. 1850
138. FIRST EDN.
139. [HAZLITT (WM.)] on Books, Men and Things. calf (backs chipped).
True Stories from History and Biography.
✓ 140. HILL (AARON).
The Works of Hill (Manager of
141. HISTORICAL MEMOIRS of the Emperor Alexan-√
der I. and the Court of Russia, 1900; The Life and Correspondence of William Buckland, illust., 1894; Autobiography of William II. Seward, 1877; etc. 9 vols.
142. HOGARTH. The Works of Mr. Hogarth Moralized. ٤٤ [By John Trusler.] Portrait, caricatures and 73 copperplates. 8vo, half morocco, gilt back and edges. Lond. [17-] 143. The Works of Hogarth. Illust. 4to, cloth. Lond. Dicks [ca. 1880] 144. HOLMES (O. W.) Poems. New and enlarged edn. Containing Prefatory Note and five additional Poems. Vignette title. 12mo, cloth (pp. 286).
145. HOME AND HEALTH [Fowler]; Longevity [Gard-✔ ner]; Brain and Mind, Diseases of the Skin [Neligan]; and others. 12 vols.
146. HOOK (THEODORE). (THEODORE). The French Stage and the French People, as illustrated in the Memoirs of M. Fleury. 2 vols. post 8vo, cloth, uncut (loose in covers). Lond. 1841
147. HORSES. De Solleysel (Le Vieur). Le Parfait Mareschal, qui enseigne à connoistre la Beauté, la Bonté, et les Defauts des Chevaux. Front., portrait, plates of horses, and woodcuts of bits, etc. 2 vols. in 1. 4to, old calf, gilt (little water-stained). A Paris, 1718
The standard work on the subject in France during a great part of the 17th and 18th Centuries.
148. HOUSE-BUILDING, from a Cottage to a Mansion [Richardson], illust., N. Y. 1873; Homes, and how to Make Them [Gardner], illust., Bost. 1875; Illustrated Homes [Gardner], illust., Bost. 1875; and others. 6 vols. cloth.
149. HOUSMAN (LAURENCE). The Vial of Love. v Poems. Chas. Newton-Robinson. Title, covers and In centrepieces designed by L. H. Post 8vo, cloth, uncut.
Book-label of R. Le Gallienne.
150. HOWELLS (W. D.) Doctor Breen's Novel. FIRST EDN. Post 8vo, cloth.
✓151. HUME AND SMOLLETT'S History of England, from the Invasion of Julius Cæsar to the Death of George II. Oxford English Classics Edition. 13 vols. 8vo, original cloth, uncut (lacks all the portraits).
Oxford: Talboys & Wheeler, 1826-27
Considered the BEST LIBRARY EDITION of this standard his
152. HUMOR. John Smith's Letters, with "Picturs' to Match. With reasons why John Smith should not change his name, and History of the late War in our Disputed Territory. Full-page comic etchings. Post 8vo, original half cloth and boards (some margins damp-stained). Scarce. N. Y. 1839