« IndietroContinua »
34. BRONTË (CHARLOTTE AND ANNE). The Professor; Villette, 2 vols. (2 sets); The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, 2 vols. (3 sets and odd Vol. 2). Fronts. Dent's edn. Crown 8vo, cloth, uncut. wn 8vo, cloth, uncut. 12 vols. (As a lot.) Lond. 1893
35. Novels, comprising Shirley, 2 vols.; Jane Eyre, 2 vols.; Villette, 2 vols.; The Professor; Tenant of Wildfell Hall; Wuthering Heights; and Agnes Grey. Together 9 vols. 12mo, cloth. N. Y.: White & Allen, n. d.
36. BROOKE (HENRY). A Collection of Pieces: to
37. BROUGHAM (HENRY LORD). Life and Times.
39. BYRON (LORD). Poems, viz., Sardanapalus; The Two Foscari; Cain, 1821; Werner, 1823; The Bride of Aby dos, 1813; The Prisoner of Chillon, 1816; The Siege of Corinth, 1816; Beppo, 1818; Mazeppa, 1819. Bound in 3 vols. 8vo, half calf (rubbed). 1813-23
FIRST AND EARLY EDITIONS.
Poems, viz.: Childe Harold, 1814-18; Siege of
Poetical Works. With Memoir, Notes, etc. Steel ✔ portrait. Square post Svo, cloth, uncut. Lond. [recent] Richard Le Gallienne's copy, with book-label.
Salmigondis; Ces Bons Pari-'
siens; Souvenirs Comiques de l'An 1858; and others, all by Cham. Numerous comic illusts. 12 pieces in 1 vol. Royal 8vo, half crimson crushed levant, gilt top, with the original wrappers bound in. Paris, 1852, etc.
✓ 43. CARMAN (BLISS). Pipes of Pan. No. I., from the ✓ Book of Myths. FIRST EDN. Front. Post 8vo, cloth, unBost. 1902
Bookplate of R. Le Gallienne.
A Vision of Sappho. Royal 8vo, wrappers, un-
One of only 60 copies privately printed.
445. CARPENTER (EDWARD). Toläus: an Anthology,✓ of Friendship. (With bookplate of R. Le Gallienne.) 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1902 46. CATALOGUES Bundle of Booksellers' and Book/ 7h Auction Catalogue, chiefly American.
47. CHARLES II. Explanatory Notes of a Pack of Cavalier Playing Cards, Temp. Charles II., forming a complete Political Satire of the Commonwealth. By E. Goldsmid. Illusts. Royal 8vo,cloth. Edinburgh, 1886
48. CHINESE LIFE. Doolittle (Rev. Justus). Life of the Chinese, with some Account of their Religious, Governmental, Educational and Business Customs and Opinions. 150 illusts. 2 vols. crown 8vo, original cloth. N. Y. 1865 Life of Sergeant I. W. Ambler. Por8vo, cloth, gilt. Bost. 
49. CIVIL WAR.
✓ 50. CIVIL WAR IMPRINTS. The First Year of the ✔
✔ 52. COLMAN (GEORGE). Prose on Several Occasions, accompanied with some Pieces in Verse. Portrait after Gainsborough. 3 vols. crown 8vo, calf (slightly rubbed.) Lond. 1787 Designs for Villas and their Rural Buildings. By Edmund Aiken. With numerous colored plates. 4to, boards.
53. COLORED PLATES.
54 COMBE'S CONSTITUTION OF MAN; Upham's Mental Philosophy, 2 vols.; Lectures on Moral Science [Hopkins]; and others. 10 vols.
✓55. CONFECTIONERY. The Royal Confectioner: Eng-
✔ 56. CONFEDERATE. Life and Death in Rebel Prisons. ✔ By R. H. Kellogg, 16th Conn. Illust. Crown 8vo, cloth. Hartford, 1865
57. CONYBEARE (W. J.) AND HOWSON (J. S.) Life and Epistles of St. Paul. Maps and illusts. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1854
58. COOPER AND DARLEY. The Monikins. Fronts.
√59. COSTUME. A Summer at Baden-Baden.
J60. COUNTRY LIFE, a Handbook of Landscape Gar-
61. COUNTRY LIFE IN ENGLAND. My Devon Year.✔ By Eden Phillpotts. 38 full-page rural and seaside sketches. Post 8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. [Lond.] 1903 Poems by Cowper. With designed by Thurston and 2 vols. post 8vo, full calf, Lond. 1808
62. COWPER (WILLIAM).
The Protectorate of, and
✓63. CROMWELL (OLIVER).
64. CROWN ENCYCLOPEDIA AND GAZETTEER. 500 illusts. and 96 colored maps. 5 vols. post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 
J 65. DAN
ANCE OF DEATH (THE), by Hans Holbein, In-✔ tro. by Austin Dobson, illust., printed on Japanese vellum paper, N. Y. 1903; The Life of Sir Thomas Bodley, 1894, privately printed; and 2 others. 4 vols. J66. By Hans Holbein Introduction by Austin Dobson. Numerous illusts. 12mo, half vellum and boards, uncut. N. Y. 1903
One of a limited edition on Japan vellum.
67. DAVIDSON (JOHN). Fleet Street Eclogues. Series. (Book-label of R. Le Gallienne.) 12mo, cloth, unLond. 1896
68. DECORATION AND FURNITURE. La Décoration et l'Ameublement à l'Exposition de 1900. A 100 plates of furniture and decorative work. portfolios (some plates missing, therefore sold as it is).
series of about Folio, in two
69. DEFOE (DANIEL). Memoirs of a Cavalier; History of Colonel Jack; Duncan Campbell; A New Voyage Round the World; and others (3 in duplicate). Illust. by J. B. Yeats. 10 vols. 12mo, original cloth, gilt top edges. Lond. Dent, 1895
70. DE KOCK (PAUL). Memoirs of. By Himself. With In portrait. Svo, cloth. Lond. 1899
✓ 71. DEPARTMENTAL DITTIES [Kipling], Lond.; The
An Unconventional BiWith 40 illusts., including N. Y. 1903 History of Two✔
✓ 74. DIXON (WILLIAM HEPWORTH).
The Life of Dickens. By illusts. 3 vols thick 8vo, Best edn. of the standard Lond. 1872-74
✓ 73. DISRAELI (BENJAMIN).
76. DORAT. Les Tourterelles De Zelmis. Poème en trois chants. Beautifully illust. with plates and vignettes after Eisen. 8vo, wrappers (corner torn from one cover), uncut. Rouen, 1880
Large Paper copy, with duplicate sets of the plates in two colors. One of only 100 copies so issued.
77. DRAKE (JOS. RODMAN). The Culprit Fay. FIRST SEPARATE EDN. Vignette. 12mo, cloth. N. Y. 1859 ✔78. DRAMA. The Modern British Drama. Tragedies, Comedies, Operas and Farces. [By the Best-known Writers.] Vignette titles. 5 vols. royal 8vo, half calf (broken). Lond. Wm. Miller, 1811
79. A Defence of the Stage; or, An Inquiry into the Real Qualities of Theatrical Entertainments. By John Calcroft 8vo, cloth. Dublin, 1839 Watts Phillips, Artist and Playwright. By E. W. Phillips. Portrait and facsimiles. Royal 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1891
81. The Theatre: a Monthly Review and Magazine. A consecutive set from No. 1 of the New Series, August, 1878, to and including December, 1893. Also the complete years 1895, 1896 and 1897. Together 19 years. With over 400 fine portraits of actors and actresses, in permanent photography (woodburytype); also numerous other illusts. 8vo, in the original parts (excepting 1880, which is bound in 2 vols., cloth). (Sold as a lot.) Lond. 1878-97
82. DRAMAS. By Sir James Bland Burges. 2 vols. 8vo, half russia. Lond. 1817 ✔83. DRAMATIC WORKS (THE) of John O'Keefe. Author's autograph on title. 4 vols. 8vo, old calf (broken).
84. DRAMATIC Works of Shackerley Marmion, with Memoir, Notes, etc., Edinburgh, Paterson, 1875 (no portrait); The Life of Gustavus Vaughan Brooke, Tragedian, by W. J. Lawrence, portrait. Limited edn. 3 vols. royal 8vo, cloth. (2 copies.)
85. DRUMMOND (WM.) Poems. Edited by Wm. C. Ward. With portrait of Wm. Drummond. 2 vols. 12mo,
86. DUCHESS OF ST. ALBANS. Memoirs of Miss Mellon, afterwards Duchess of St. Albans. By Mrs. Cornwell Barron-Wilson. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1887 87. DUNLAP SOCIETY. Biennial Treasurer and Secretary. Portrait of Wm. Dunlap. 8vo, paper, uncut. N. Y. 1888
Reports of the
Limited issue. (2 copies.)
/88. DUYCKINCK (E. A.) The Poets of the Nineteenth
89. EARLY ENGLISH POETS. Bibliographia Poetica: a Catalogue of English Poets of the 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th Centuries, with a short Account of their Works. FIRST EDN. 12mo, sheep. Lond. 1802
90. EASTWARD [Macleod], illust., Lond. 1866; China, Historical and Descriptive [Eden], illust., Lond. 1877; The Story of S. Africa [Worsfold], Lond.; and others. 6 vols. cloth.
91. ECCENTRIC CHARACTERS. The Eccentric Mirror. Delineating the Lives of Male and Female characters, Ancient and Modern, particularly distinguished by extraordinary qualifications, talents and propensities, natural or acquired. By G. H. Wilson. Copper-plates. 4 in 2 vols. Crown 8vo, half calf. Lond. 1806
92. ECCENTRICITIES (THE) of John Edwin, Comedian. Collected from his MSS., with several hundred original Anecdotes by Anthony Pasquin. Vignette titles. 2 vols. post 8vo, half calf. Lond.