« IndietroContinua »
93. EDWARD THE BLACK PRINCE (History of the
Map. 2 vols. 12mo, original
sul in Massachusetts, 1850–52.
Memphis (Dusseldorf, 188-1
which won the admiration of eminent Egyptologists.
95. ELEMENTS OF MORAL SCIENCE (Wayland); 17h
Moral Philosophy (Haven); Elements of Morality (Whe-
96. ELIOT (GEO.) Works (Novels, Essays, Poems.) EL Illusts. 8 vols. crown 8vo, original cloth. Bost., n. d.
97. EMERSON (EDWIN). A History of the Nineteenth Century Year by Year. Illust. with 16 colored plates, 32 full-page half-tone cuts and two maps. 3 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1901 .
98. EMERSON (R. W.) English Traits. FIRST EDN. 07 Manila 2mo, cloth.
Bost. 1856 99. The Conduct of Life. FIRST EDN. 12mo, cloth.
Bost. 1860 ✓ 100. ENGLISH CLASSICS. Works and Selections from
the Works of Goldsmith, Milton, Swift, Gay, Keble, Tennyした
son, Shelley, etc. Fronts. 12 vols. 12mo, original half
*N. Y.: Appleton, 1896
Napoleon of Notting Hill (Chesterton), Lond. 1904; The
102. ETCHINGS. The American Art Review, 1880. With
an extensive series of fine etchings by Moran, Ferris and LEL
other eminent etchers, as well as numerous other illusts.
104. EVIDENCES OF CHRISTIANITY [M'Ilvaine); Im Prayer Meeting Theology (Mullois]; and others. 11 vols.
ع ع )
105. EXTRA-ILLUSTRATIONS TO DON QUIXOTE. A Series of 36 Etchings by Lalauze, proofs on India paper. Useful lot for extra-illustrating. Svo (as a lot).
[Edinburgh, ca. 1880] 406.
Another set. 1107. Another set.
108. Another set on plate paper and printed in bistre.
109. FICTION. The Loves of Edwy [O'Neil (Rose
Cecil)], illust. by the author, Bost. 1904; The Grafters, by Francis Lynde, 1904; The Filigree Ball, by Anna Katherine Green, 1903; The Monarch Billionaire, by M. I. Swift, 1903; Autobiography of a Child, by Hannah Lynch, 1899. 5 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
110. The Seeker (Harry Leon Wilson), and The Lions of the Lord, illust., Bost. 1903-1904; Sixty Jane, by John Luther Long, illust., 1903; A Parish of Two, by McVickar and Collins, Bost. 1903. 4 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
111. - Her Infinite Variety, by Brand Whitlock, illust. by Christy, 1904; Truth, by Zola, portrait inserted, N. Y. 1903; Tittlebat Titmouse (abridged from Warren's Ten Thousand a Year), illust., N. Y. 1903; Children of Destiny, by Molly Elliott Sewell, illust. by A. B. Wenzell (auto. letter of author laid in), 1903. 4 vols. post 8vo, cloth. - From the Cliffs of Croaghaun. By Robert
✓ Cromie. Illust. Post 8vo, cloth. (8 copies.) Akron, O., 1904
113. The Queen's Quair, by Maurice Hewlett, 1904;✓ My Friend Prospero, by F. T. Isham, 1903; In the Morning Glow, by R. R. Gilson, 1902; Mammy Rosie, by A. M. Bagby, 1904. 5 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 114. Hardy's Desperate Remedies; Tytler's Jona- ✓ than; Oliphant's White Ladies; and others. 15 vols. 12mo, cloth.
115. FIELDING (HENRY). Works. Etched fronts. to each vol. 12 vols. post Svo, cloth, gilt.
N. Y. 1902 116. FIGARO ILLUSTRÉ. Tome Douzième (Vol. 12) for 1901. Numerous full-page illusts and vignettes, many colored. Folio, cloth, with the original colored pictorial wrappers preserved.
Paris, 1901 117. FISH, THEIR HABITS AND HAUNTS [Prouty], portrait, Bost. 1883; Insect Lives (Ballard], illust., N. Y. 1887; Fly-Fishing in Maine Lakes [Stevens), Bost. 1881; and others. 8 vols.
118. FLOWERS FOR THE PARLOR AND GARDEN
[Rand], illust., post 8vo, cloth, Bost. 1864; Hints on HouseEZ ม
hold Taste (Eastlake), illust., 8vo, half calf, Bost. 1874.
N. Y. 1857
Lond. 1858 Original edition. 121. FRANKLIN (BENJAMIN). Life and Times of.
By Jas. Parton. Engraved portraits. 2 vols. crown 8vo, nony
original cloth (backs little damaged and margins discol
122. GARNETT (RICHARD) Poems, 1895; A Chap
let from the Greek Anthology, 1892 (with bookplates of R. Le Gallienne). 2 vols. 12mo, cloth and half vellum.
123. GAY (JOHN). Poems. Edited by J. Underhill. With portrait of John Gay. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth. Lond. 1893 124. GAY'S POEMS, with copperplates, 2 vols. 12mo, old calf, Lond. 1745; Memoirs of Richard Cumberland, 2 vols. (poor copy), Lond. 1807; and others. 9 vols.
125. GILDER (R. WATSON). Five Books of Song. Post 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1894 Presentation copy from Richard Le Gallienne, with the
latter's bookplate. ✓ 126. GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE. A Concise Glossary of Terms used in Grecian, Roman, Italian and Gothic. By John Hy. Parker. Copiously illust. 12mo, cloth.
Oxford, 1869 ✓ 127. GREAT METROPOLIS (London-by Jas. Grant]; Life of Washington Irving (C. D. Warner], FIRST EDN.; Goethe's Poems, portrait; and others. 26 vols. 128. GREEK AND ROMAN SCULPTURE. Les Monumens Antiques du Musée Napoléon, avec une explication par J. G. Schweighaenser. 318 outline engravings by Thos. Piroli of ancient bas-reliefs and statuary. 4 vols. 4to, original half roan, uncut (early leaves of first vol. waterstained).
Paris, 1804-1806 The masterpieces “collected” by Napoleon, chiefly in Italy. Like the pictures, they were finally dispersed amongst their rightful owners.
129. GUIZOT (M.) A Popular History of England, from the Earliest Times to the Reign of Queen Victoria. With continuation to 1874. Edited by Madame Guizot de Witte. Transl. by M. M. Ripley. Profusely illust. with portraits, etc. Zvols . royal 8vo, sheep; also duplicates of first 3 vols.
Bost. (1876-81] j
130. History of France from the Earliest Times to 1848. Steel fronts. and numerous full-page illusts. 8 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
Bost.: Dana, Estes (recent] 131. History of Civilization in Europe. Illust. 12mo, half calf extra.
N. Y., n. d.
V 132. HAND-BOOK OF POPULAR QUOTATIONS;
Songs for the Household; Hood's Poetical Works; and others similar. 10 vols.
133. HANGING OF THE CRANE (THE) [Longfellow]; Snow Bound (Whittier]. Both with illusts. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth.
Bost. 1875-87 134. HARTE (BRET). In the Carquinez Woods. FIRST
. EDN. (Published in London a year before the Boston edition.) 12mo, cloth.
Lond. 1883 Bookplate of Richard Le Gallienne. 135. Trent's Trust, and other Stories. FIRST EDN. 12mo, cloth.
Bost. 1903 * 136. HAWTHORNE (NATHANIEL). The Scarlet Letter. Second edn., with Preface now first published. 12mo, cloth (binding slightly stained).
Bost. 1850 137. The House of the Seven Gables. FIRST EDN. 12mo, original cloth (covers lose).
Bost. 1851 138. True Stories from History and Biography. FIRST EDN. Illusts. 12mo, original cloth (title spotted).
✓ 139. [HAZLITT (WM.)] The Plain Speaker: Opinions on Books, Men and Things. FIRST EDN. 2 vols. 8vo, half calf (backs chipped).
Lond. 1826 ✓ 140. HILL (AARON). The Works of Hill (Manager of ✓ Drury Lane Theatre). Letters, Poems, etc. Best edn. 4 vols. 8vo, half calf, gilt. Fine set.
Lond. 1753-54 141. HISTORICAL MEMOIRS of the Emperor Alexan- v der I. and the Court of Russia, 1900; The Life and Correspondence of William Buckland, ilust., 1894; Autobiography of William H. Seward, 1877; etc. 9 vols.
(142. TOGARTH. The Works of Mr. Hogarth Moralized. EZ [By John Trusler.] Portrait, caricatures and 73 copper
plates. 8vo, half morocco, gilt back and edges. Lond.[17-] 13. The Works of Hogarth. Illust. 4to, cloth.
Lond.: Dicks (ca. 1880] ✓
144. HOLMES (O. W.) Poems. New and enlarged edn. V
Containing Prefatory Note and five additional Poems. ur Vignette title. 12mo, cloth (pp. 286).
Bost. 1849 145. HOME AND HEALTH (Fowler]; Longevity (Gardner]; Brain and Mind, Diseases of the Skin (Neligan); and others. 12 vols.
146. HOOK (THEODORE). The French Stage and the v EX
French People, as illustrated in the Memoirs of M. Fleury. 2 vols. post 8vo, cloth, uncut (loose in covers). Lond. 1841
147. HORSES. De Solleysel (Le Vieur). Le Parfait Mareschal, qui enseigne à connoistre la Beauté, la Bonté, et les Defauts des Chevaux. Front., portrait, plates of horses, and woodcuts of bits, etc. 2 vols. in 1. 4to, old calf, gilt (little water-stained).
A Paris, 1718 The standard work on the subject in France during a great
part of the 17th and 18th Centuries. 148. HOUSE-BUILDING, from a Cottage to a Mansion [Richardson), illust., N. Y. 1873; Homes, and how to Make Them (Gardner), illust., Bost. 1875; Illustrated Homes [Gardner), illust., Bost. 1875; and others. 6 vols. cloth. 149. HOUSMAN (LAURENCE). The Vial of Love.
Poems. By Chas. Newton-Robinson. Title, covers and 'en centrepieces designed by L. H. Post 8vo, cloth, uncut. Book-label of R. Le Gallienne.
Lond. 1895 150. HOWELLS (W. D.) Doctor Breen's Practice: a Vank Novel. Novel. FIRST EDN. Post Svo, cloth.
Bost. 1881 ✓ 151. HUME AND SMOLLETT'S History of England, from
the Invasion of Julius Cæsar to the Death of George II. EX
Oxford English Classics Edition. 13 vols. 8vo, original cloth, uncut (lacks all the portraits).
Oxford: Talboys & Wheeler, 1826-27 Considered the BEST LIBRARY EDITION of this standard his
tory. 152. HUMOR. John Smith's Letters, with “Picturs to Match. With reasons why John Smith should not change his name, and History of the late War in our Disputed Territory. Full-page comic etchings. Post Svo, original half cloth and boards (some margins damp-stained). Scarce.
N. Y. 1839