« IndietroContinua »
✓ 200. CLEVELAND (JOHN). Clevelande Vindiciæ; or,
202. COLERIDGE (SAML. TAYLOR). Poetical Works. Edited, with a Biographical Introduction, by J. Dykes Campbell. Portrait. Crown 8vo, cloth.
Lond. Macmillan, 1893 203. COLORADO, its Gold and Silver Mines [Fossett], illust., 1879; A Tramp Across the Continent [Lummis], 1892; Beyond the Mississippi [Richardson], illust., 1867; and others. 10 vols.
204. COLORED PLATES OF FLOWERS. Paxton's Magazine of Botany, and Register of Flowering Plants, Vols. 1 to 5 inclusive. With over 200 full-page plates, all finely colored. 5 vols. thick square 8vo, half and full morocco, gilt edges.
The rarest portion of this beautiful and esteemed work, containing brilliant examples of the colored plates. 205. COLUMBIA COLLEGE. The Origin and Early 205. COLUMBIA COLLEGE. History of Columbia College. By Dr. Geo. H. Moore. 8vo, original wrappers. N. Y. For the Author, 1890 206. CONNECTICUT. THE WESTERN RESERVE. Articles of Association and Agreement constituting the Connecticut Land Company. 4 leaves, 8vo, uncut and unopened.
An interesting pamphlet relating to the territory known as the Western Reserve, which at that time had not been ceded to the United States Government. The articles do not state the exact situation of the land purchased for the company, but in the territory included in the designation now stands the city of Cleveland and other important cities. Rare.
€ 209. The Public Statute Laws of the State of Conn.
211. CONNECTICUT. History of the Episcopal Church in, from the Settlement of the Colony to the Death of Bishop Seabury. By E. E. Beardsley. Front. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1865 The True-Blue Laws of Connecticut and New Haven and the False Blue Laws Forged by Peters. Edited by J. H. Trumbull. Post 8vo, cloth. Hartford, 1876
v 213. General History of, to its Latest Period of
Commemorative Exercises of the First Church of Christ in Hartford, at the 250th Anniversary. Illust. Svo, cloth. Hartford, 1883
216. History of the 15th Regiment of Volunteers in the War for the Union, 1861-1865. By S. B. Thorpe. Numerous portraits and views. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
New Haven, 1893 217. Connecticut: a Study of a CommonwealthDemocracy. By Alex. Johnston. Map. 12mo, cloth.
Bost. 1895 Chronicles of New Haven Green from 1638By Henry T. Blake. Iltust. 8vo, original cloth. New Haven, 1898 ✔ 219. CONSTANTINOPLE. By Edw. A. Grosvenor. Introduction by Lew Wallace. Numerous illusts. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1900
220. CONVENTS. Mysteries of the Neapolitan Convents; Convent Life Unveiled; Six Months in a Convent; and others. 6 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
221. COOKERY. Consolidated Library of Modern Cooking and Household Recipes. Edited by Christine T. Herrick and Marion Harland. With a List of Contributors, 7 including many of the Famous Chefs and Cooking Experts of the United States. Numerous illusts. 5 vols. 8vo, original glazed boards. N. Y. 1904
✓ 222. COOPER (J. FENIMORE). The Works of Cooper. Fronts. 32 vols. in 16. Post 8vo, cloth.. N. Y. [recent] / 223. COOPER AND DARLEY. Novels of J. F. Cooper. Illust. with engravings and cuts after F. O. C. Darley. Comprising The Bravo; The Prairie; Red Rover; Mohicans; Lionel Lincoln; Pioneers; Wyandotte; The Pathfinder; and The Deerslayer. Together vols. Post 8vo, original cloth, as issued. All first issues. /o including Spy N. Y.: W. A. Townshend & Co., 1859-61
224. "COUNTRY LIFE IN AMERICA" (a Periodical): (a Periodical): Numerous illusts. Vols. 5, 6 and 7 complete (with some odd parts and duplicates). Folio, paper. N. Y. (Nov.Nov.), 1903-05. (26 Nos., as a lot.)
✓ 225. COURT MEMOIRS. Memoirs of the Court of √ Queen Elizabeth. By Lucy Aikin. Portrait. 2 vols. 8vo, original boards, uncut. Scarce in this state. Lond. 1826
226. COURT OF NAPOLEON (THE); or, Society under the First Empire. By F. B. Goodrich. With full-page colored portraits of its beauties, wits and heroines by Jules Champagne. Imp. 8vo, full stamped morocco gilt, gilt edges (a few pp. slightly discolored). N. Y. 1857
227. COWPER (WILLIAM). The Works of Cowper, comprising his Poems, Correspondence and Translations. With a Life of the Author by Robert Southey. With portrait and 50 fine steel plates. 8 vols. 12mo, half calf, gilt. Lond. 1855
√228. CRAIK (D. M.) John Halifax; My Mother and I; v
√230. CULTIVATED PLANTS: their Propagation and
/ 231. CUMMING (C. F. GORDON). Via Cornwall to
✔232. CURTIS (GEO. TICKNOR).
233. DA ALY (AUGUSTIN). Under the Gaslight: a totally original and picturesque drama of Life and Love in these times. Svo, original wrappers, uncut. [N. Y. 186-]
Souvenir Programme, printed on satin, of the 100th Performance of "Needles and Pins " at Daly's Broadway Theatre, March 2, 1881. (2 copies.)
J 235. Wycherly's The Country Girl, altered by Garrick and rearranged by Aug. Daly. 8vo, original wrappers. N. Y. 1884
236. DALY (AUGUSTIN). Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor. Facsimile of the First Quarto , together with a reprint of the Prompt Copy used at Daly's, preceded by Introduction by Wm. Winter. 8vo, original wrappers. N. Y.: [Privately] printed for Mr. Daly, 1886 ✓ 237. Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Frontispiece representing Miss Rehan as Helena and other plates of scenes in the play. 8vo, original wrappers, uncut. [N. Y. Privately printed for Mr. Daly, 1888 ✓ 238. Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, with an Introductory Word by William Winter. LARGE PAPER. Royal Svo, original wrappers, uncut. N. Y.: Privately printed, 1893 ✓ 239. Songs of the Geisha. Marginal illusts. Crown Svo, colored pictorial Japanese wrappers. N. Y. 1896 ✓ 240. DALY COLLECTION. Catalogne of the Valuable Literary and Art Property gathered by the late Augustin Daly. 4to, in sheets, folded ready for binding. N. Y. 1900 Advance sheets of the limited Large Paper Edition. Not intended for sale.
241. DALY'S THEATRES. Memories of, with Passing Recollection of others, including a Record of Plays and Actors at the Fifth Avenue Theatre and Daly's, 1869–95. 4to. Numerous illusts., chiefly "character" portraits. Original wrappers. [New York:] Privately printed, 1897 Another copy of the same.
243. DARWIN (CHAS.) His Life and Letters, including an Autobiographical Chapter. Edited by his son Francis Darwin. Portraits and facsimile. 2 vols. crown 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1887
244. The Formation of Vegetable Mould. Illust. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1892
245. DAUDET (ALPHONSE). Tartarin of Tarascon; Tartarin on the Alps; Thirty Years of Paris; Port Tarascon. 4 vols. crown 8vo. Vignette illusts. by Rossi, Myrbach, etc. Cloth. Lond. Dent. 1896, etc. ✓ 246. DAVENANT (WILLIAM). Works. FIRST EDN. Thick small folio, old calf (lacks portrait, poor copy).
247. DAVIDSON (JOHN). The Last Ballad and other FIRST EDN. 12mo, original buckram uncut.
250. DE BALZAC (HONORÉ). Life of. By Frederick✓ Wedmore. With Bibliography. Svo,cloth, uncut. Lond. 1890
2 copies of the same.
2 more copies.
251. [DE FOE (DANIEL).] The New Robinson Crusoe. Colored front. and numerous full-page cuts (one crudely colored). Crown 8vo, half calf, gilt back and top, by Blackwell. Lond., n. d. 252. DE QUINCEY (THOS.) Essays, Romances, Literary Criticism, Politics and Political Economy, Life, Writings, and Letters, by Japp; and others. 11 vols. crown 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1877, etc.
253. DESCRIPTIVE ESSAYS [Sir Francis B. Head], 2 vols., Lond. 1857; The Earlier Years of Our Lord's Life [Hanna], 1878; History of Rationalism [Hurst], 1865; and others. 12 vols.
254. DE TOCQUEVILLE (ALEXIS).
Memoirs, Letters and Remains of. Transl., with additions. 2 vols. post 8vo, cloth, uncut. Cambridge, 1861
255. DIBDIN (T. F.) Bibliographical, Antiquarian and Picturesque Tour in France and Germany. Fine portraits and plates. 3 vols. post 8vo, half calf, gilt. Lond. 1829 This edition has plates that were not issued with the previous edition. One of the most interesting records of famous libraries on the Continent.
256. DICKENS (CHARLES). The Works of Dickens: Bleak House, Sketches by Boz," Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, Pickwick Papers, Oliver Twist, Barnaby Rudge, American Notes, and others. With the extensive series of illusts. by Cruikshank, Sibson, Lossing, Barritt, and others. Bound in 14 vols. 8vo, full embossed morocco, gilt edges (some vols. slightly rubbed).
Phil. [circa 1861] Some of the illustrations in this edition do not appear in the English edition, they being specially engraved for this edition. 4257. A Christmas Carol. Illust. 8vo, full embossed morocco, gilt edges. Bost. 1869
258. Works. Illusts. after Darley and Gilbert. vols. in 14. 12mo, original cloth (names on titles, some margins pencil-scored, and 1 vol. not uniform in color).
N. Y. 1869
259. The Dickens Dictionary: a Key to the Characters and Principal Incidents in the Tales of Dickens. By G. A. Pierce. With additions by W. A. Wheeler. Illust. 12mo, cloth. Bost. 1872
Life of, by John Forster. Portraits, facsimiles, "Gadshill Edition." 2 vols. post 8vo, cloth, gilt top Lond. 1904
261. DICTIONARY. Webster's, vest-pocket size, with thumb-index. 12mo, morocco. (25 copies, as a lot.) [Recent]