« IndietroContinua »
The Anderson Auction Co.
318. FARMING. Manual of Agriculture [Emerson, Flint and Goessman]; The Book of Corn; Gardening for Profit [Henderson]. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
Diseases of Crops [Griffiths); Chemistry of the Farm [Warrington]; Guide to Study of Lichens [Schneider]. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
320. FEDERAL CONVENTION AT PHILADELPHIA, 1787; Secret Proceedings and Debates of, etc., etc. Post 8vo, sheep (corner torn from title). Richmond (Va.), 1839 ✓
321. FEDERALIST (THE). A Commentary on the Constitution of the U. S. By Hamilton, Jay and Madison. Edited by Henry Cabot Lodge. (First issue thus.) 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1888
322. FEEDS AND FEEDING: a Handy Book for the
323. FERMENTATION. Technical Mycology: the Utilization of Micro-organisms in the Arts and Manufactures. By Dr. Franz Lafar, with Introduction by Dr. E. C. Hansen. Transl. by C. T. C. Salter. Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, Part 1. 158 illusts. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1898-1903 Micro-Organisms and Fermentation. By Alfred Jörgenson. Transl. Third edn. Fully illust. 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1900 By E. L.
✓ 325. Microbes, Ferments and Moulds.
326. FERMENTS AND FERMENTATION.
ble Ferments and Fermentation. By J. Reynolds Green.
327. FICTION. The Cardinal's Snuff-Box [Harland]; The Virginian [Wister], illust., 1902; On the Face of the Waters [Steel]; and others. 8 vols.
Bullen's Cruise of the Cachalot; Ollivant's Bob Son of Battle; Brontë's Jane Eyre; Beecher's Norwood; and others. Together 8 vols. Crown 8vo, cloth.
329. Cable's Old Creole Days, and The Grandissimes; Zangwill's Children of the Ghetto; Connolly's Out of Gloucester; Rogers' Waverley Dictionary; and others. Together 9 vols. Crown 8vo, cloth.
330. Herman Melville's Moby Dick, Omoo, Typee, and White Jacket; Philpott's Children of the Mist; Du Maurier's Trilby; and others. Together 8 vols. Crown 8vo, cloth.
331. FICTION. Kipling's Captains Courageous; Wilkins' A New England Nun; Zangwill's The King of Schnorrers; Ward's Robert Elsmere ; and others. Together 9 vols. Crown 8vo, cloth.
Coffee and Repartee [J. K. Bangs], 1893, FIRST EDN.; Signor Monaldini's Niece, 1880; The Phantoms of the
17 Foot-Bridge [Craddock], FIRST EDN., illust., 1895; and
others. 10 vols.
The Seats of the Mighty [Parker]; The Farringdons [Fowler]; Rebecca [Wiggin]; The Fisher Maiden, Arne, and Synnove Solbakken, all by Björnson; and others. 10 vols. all cloth but one.
334. Hall Caine's The Deemster, The Bondman, and The Manxman; Gaskell's Cranford; and others. 12 vols. crown 8vo, etc., cloth.
✓ 335. When Knighthood was in Flower [Caskoden], 1898; Eric Brighteyes [Haggard], The Sowers [Merriman], 1895; From the Memoirs of a Minister of France [Wey7h man], 1895; A Cathedral Courtship [Wiggin], 1594; and
13 vols. all cloth.
336. FIELD, DUNGEON AND PRISON [Richardson], 1865; The Achievements of Stanley, and other African Explorers [Headley], illust., 1878; Grant and Sherman, their Campaigns, etc. [Headley], illust., 1865; and others. 8 vols. ✓ 337. FEEDING ANIMALS [E. W. Stewart]; Hand-Book on Tuberculosis among Cattle [H. L. Shumway]; How to Handle and Educate Vicious Horses [O. R. Gleason]. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth. v. p. [recent]
338. FIG CULTURE. The Fig: its History, Culture and Curing, with a descriptive catalogue of the known varieties. By Gustav Eisen. Illust. 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1901
339. FIRST LOCOMOTIVES IN AMERICA, The History of, from Documents and Living Witnesses. By W. H.
444 Brown. Interesting folding plates. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1871
✔ 340. FISKE (JOHN). Edward Livingston Youmans. A
342. FLETCHER (J. S.—Author of "When Charles the First was King"). Ballads of Revolt. FIRST EDN. 24mo, original cloth, uncut. (6 copies.) Lond. 1897
343. FLORA. Flora of the Southern description of the Flowering Plants and see, Georgia, etc. By A. W. Chapman. cloth.
United StatesFerns of TennesThird edn. 8vo, N. Y. 
344. FLORENCE, ITALY. The Two First Centuries of √ Florentine History: the Republic and Parties at the Time of Dante. By Prof. Villari. Transl. Illusts. 8vo. cloth,
N. Y. 1901
√345. FLORIDA. A Florida Sketch-Book [Torrey], 1894; ✔ A Handbook of Florida [Norton], 1890; A Winter in Florida [Bill], illust., 1869; and others, similar 7 vols.
346. FLORIDA FRUITS and How to Raise Them [Har-✔ court] (underscored with blue pencil), Louisville, 1886; Orange Culture in Florida [Moore] (also underscored), Jacksonville, 1881. 2 vols.
347. FLOWER, FRUIT AND THORN PIECES [Richter], with Memoir by Thos. Carlyle, portrait, 2 vols., Bost. 1869; Acadia, or A Month with the Blue Noses, by F. S. Cozzens, FIRST EDN., 1859; and 7 others. 10 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
Myths of Northern Lands, with Special Refer-
Myths and Myth-✓
350. FORESTRY. Forest and Water. By Abbot Kinney. (With Articles on Allied Subjects by Eminent Experts.) Fully illust. 8vo, cloth. Los Angeles, Cal., 1900
The Decay of Timber and Methods of Preventing it. By Hermann Von Schrenk. Illusts. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. U. S. Gov't Print, 1902 352. FOSSIL BOTANY. An Introduction to Palæophytology from the Standpoint of the Botanist. By H. G. zu Solms-Laubach. Transl. 49 illusts. Royal Svo, half leather. Oxford, 1891
353. FRANKLIN AT THE COURT OF FRANCE, 1778. J Large folio engraving, by W. O. Geller, after the painting by Baron Jolly. N. Y. 1881.
354. FREEMASONRY. The Poetry of Freemasonry. By Robert Morris. Portrait. 4to, cloth, gilt edges.
355. The History of Initiation. By Geo. Oliver. Fronts. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1888 * 356. Freemasonry in England [Hyneman], 1877; Treatise on Masonic Jurisprudence [Simons], 1864; The Masonic Directory and Cyclopædia of History [Macoy, etc.], 1885. #357. Illust.
3 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
The Revelations of a Square. By Geo. Oliver. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. [recent]
358. FROUDE (J. A.) Life and Letters of Erasmus. Svo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. 1895
359. FRUIT CULTURE [W. C. Strong], illusts.; TextBook of Tropical Agriculture [H. A. Nicholls], illusts. ; American Grape Training [L. H. Bailey], illusts. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth. 1892-93
The American Fruit Culturist: Culture of all Fruits adapted to the U. S. By John J. Thomas. Enlarged edn., by William H. S. Wood. Nearly 800 illusts. Thick post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1897 361. Quick Fruit Culture: New Methods for Gardens Great and Small. By John Simpson. Illust. 8vo, cloth. Sheffield (Eng.), 1900 362. The Grape Culturist [A. S. Fuller]; Peach Culture [J. A. Fulton]; American Grape Growing [Husmann]. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
Subtropical Cultivations and Climates: a Handy
364. [FULTON (ROBERT).] Facts and Considerations on the Question, Why is Steam-boat Navigation interesting to Connecticut? 8vo, pp. 8, uncut and unopened.
A privately printed pamphlet advocating-on the ground of the advantage to Connecticut-that no attention should be paid to the patents of Robert Fulton regarding steam navigation, as he and Chancellor Livingston paid no attention to the rights of Fitch.
365. FUNGI: their Nature and Uses. By M. C. Cooke. Illust. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1883
366. FUNGI. Comparative Morphology and Biology of the Fungi Mycetozoa and Bacteria. By A. De Bary. Transl. 198 illusts. Royal 8vo, half leather, uncut. Oxford, 1887 ✓ 367. Massee (George). A Monograph of the Myxogastres. COLORED PLATES. Royal 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1892
368. ARDENING. Sorauer (Dr. Paul). Treatise on the Physiology of Use of Gardeners. Transl. by F. E. Weiss. cloth.
A Popular Plants for the Illusts. 8vo, Lond. 1895
A. L. S. from the translator inserted, in which reference is made to a translation of another book by the same author.
Market Gardening and Farm Notes [Landreth]; The Nut Culturist [A. S. Fuller]; and another. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
370. Farm and Garden Insects; Vegetable Culture; Asparagus Culture; Squashes, Cabbages, Carrots, etc. J. J. H. Gregory. 5 vols. 12mo, etc.
✔ 371. GEIKIE (CUNNINGHAM). The Life and Words of Christ. Library edn. Illust. 2 vols. thick royal 8vo,
half calf, gilt.
N. Y. 1880
372. GENEALOGY. The Ancestor: a Quarterly Review of County and Family History, Heraldry, and Antiquities. Edited by Oswald Barron. Nos. 1-12. Nos. 1-12. Many portraits. 12 vols. royal 8vo, original boards, with 3 Index Parts, in wrappers. Lond.: April, 1902-Jan., 1905 373. GENERAL HANCOCK (Life, etc.) [Walker], 1895;/ The Life and Public Services of Henry Clay [Sargent], 1852: E. P. Roe, Reminiscences of his Life [M. A. Roe], 1899; and others. 10 vols.
✓ 374. GENTLEMAN'S MAGAZINE. A Selection of
375. GEOLOGY. Manual of. The Principles of the Science, with Special Reference to American Geological History. By Jas. D. Dana. Over 1,500 illusts., etc. Thick 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1895 A Treatise on Rocks, Rock-Weathering and By G. P. Merrill. Numerous illusts. 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1897 377. GIBBON (EDWARD). History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Notes by Dean Milman, M. Guizot, and Wm. Smith. Portrait. 6 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. 1880 ✔378. GISSING (GEORGE). Denzil Quarrier, 1892; < Sleeping Fires, 1896; and The Whirlpool, 1897. 12mo, cloth.
N. Y. Reading Map and Bost. 1901
379. GLACIERS OF NORTH AMERICA. Lessons for Students of Geography and Geology. illusts. 8vo, cloth (stamp on title).
380. GOD AND CREATION [Howison], 1883; The Heavenley Arcana [Swedenborg], 1896; Cyclopædia of Methodism [Simpson], 4to, half morocco, Phil. 1878; and 12 vols.
381. GOETHE'S FAUST [Bayard Taylor]; Poems of Wordsworth [Matthew Arnold]; The Lover's Shakespeare; and others. 6 vols. post 8vo, etc., cloth.
: 382. GOLDSMITH (0.) The Vicar of Wakefield. Preface by Austin Dobson. 12mo, decorated cloth gilt, gilt edges. Lond. 1890 First issue this, with the charming illustrations by Hugh Thomson.
The Life of Goldsmith, from a variety of original sources. By James Prior. Portrait and facsimile. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Original edn. Lond. 1837