« IndietroContinua »
319. WAGNER (CHARLES). By the Fireside, and My Appeal to America.
2 vols. 12mo, cloth N. Y. 1904-5
✓ 320. W[ALKER] (G.), Anglo-Tyrannus, or The Idea of a Norman Monarch, represented in the parallel Reignes of Henrie the Third and Charles King of England, Lond. 1650; A True Copy of that Sermon preached at St. Paul's by Thos. Cheshire, 1641; and 7 other English Political Tracts of the time of Charles I. and Queen Anne. Small 4to. (As a lot.) 1641-1709
321. WALKS IN ROME [Hare], N. Y. 1871; The Seer ✓ [Leigh Hunt], 2 vols., Bost. 1864; Many Thoughts of Many Minds [Southgate], Lond. 1863; and others. 6 vols.
322. WALLACE (ALFRED R.) Island Life; or, The
323. WATSON (WILLIAM). The Eloping Angels: a ✓ Caprice. FIRST EDN. 12mo, buckram, uncut. Lond. 1893
A. L. S. from the author inserted, with numerous clippings and portraits, and a poem addressed to Watson by Thomas Hutchinson, written by Mr. Hutchinson on two blank leaves.
324. The Prince's Quest (with bookplate of R. Le Gallienne), Lond. 1893; For England, N. Y. 1903. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
325. WHITE (GILBERT), The Natural History of Selborne; The Complete Angler, by Walton, with woodcuts (bookplate of R. Le Gallienne). 2 vols. 16mo, half cloth, paper labels, printed on French hand-made paper.
N. Y. 1903
Maud Muller, illusts.; Mabel Martin, illusts.
2 vols. 8vo, cloth. ✓ 328. WILKES (CHAS., U. S. N.). Narrative of the U. S. V Exploring Expedition, 1838-42. (Atlas only.) 4to, full black morocco gilt, gilt edges. Phil. 1844
The atlas is scarce and is often wanted to complete sets. Contains Track Map, Map of the Antarctic Continent, of the Feejee Group, of the Oregon Territory, and of the southern portion of Hawaii.
329. WOOLMAN (JOHN, of Mount Holly, N. J.) Serious Considerations on Various Subjects of Importance. 12mo, original sheep.
N. Y. 1805
330. WORDSWORTH. Some Wordsworth Finds? Introduction by Jas. Medborough. Post 8vo, half vellum, Lond. 1895
One of 500 copies issued. Bookplate of R. Le Gallienne.
√331. YEATS (W. B.)
The Shadowy Waters. Small
4to, original cloth, uncut.
First edition. With envelope autographed by the author, and portrait inserted from Thos. Hutchinson's collection.
332. YESTERDAYS WITH AUTHORS [Fields], Bost. ✓ 1885; Poems of Poe, N. Y. 1881; Poetical Works of Pope, illust. by Gilbert, Lond. 1851; and others. 8 vols. cloth,
Conditions of Sale
I: TERMS CASH. The highest bidder to be the buyer; in all cases of disputed bids the lot shall be immediately re-sold.
II: Books are sold per volume, other articles per piece, unless otherwise stated in the catalogue, and bids must be made accordingly.
: Goods purchased at the sales must be removed from the premises within one week; in default of which the Auctioneer will reserve the right of re-selling them at the cost of the purchaser.
IV: Bids will be faithfully executed by the Auctioneer and used only in competition. All unlimited bids should come through Agents.
V: Books are presumed to be perfect unless other. wise stated. Imperfect books (not so described) may be returned within three days.