« IndietroContinua »
370. LONGFELLOW (H. W.) Excelsior. With 15 illusts. Bost. 1878 Square 12mo, original cloth.
Extremely scarce separately published edition. First edition with these illustrations.
Illust. by John
372. LONG ISLAND. Griffin's Journal. First Settlers of Southold, Names of the Heads of Families, First Proprietors of Orient, Biographical Sketches, etc., etc. By Augustus Griffin. Portrait. Post 8vo, cloth (somewhat spotted). Very scarce. Orient, 1857
373. LOUISIANA PURCHASE (THE), and Our Title West of the Rocky Mountains, with a Review of Annexation by the United States. By Binger Hermann, Commissioner of the General Land Office. Portraits of Jefferson, Monroe, Seward, Polk, etc., and maps of the United States, Alaska and Hawaiian Islands. Large 8vo, boards.
374. MACKELLAR (THOMAS).
375. MAINE. The History of Wells and Kennebunk, from the Earliest Settlement to 1820, with Biographical Notices. By Edward E. Bourne. Portrait. Thick 8vo, original cloth. Fine copy. Portland, 1875
376. MASONIC. D. S., on vellum, conferring the degree of Master Mason on Sir John Johnson. Original MS. in autograph of the Secretary, signed by John Bridgewater, Master; Meade Brasser, Sen'r Warden; Azor Betts, Junr's Warden; and John Blackler, Sec'y. With Masonic emblems at beginning in colors. 1 p. small folio. [N. Y.], June 25, 1777.
Early American Masonic MSS. are very rare.
Illustrations of. [By Capt. William Morgan.] With an Account of the Kidnapping of the Author. 12mo, unbound (title spotted).
N. Y. For the Author, 1827 Narrative of the Facts and Circumstances relating to the Kidnapping and Presumed Murder of William Morgan, etc., etc. With an Appendix. 12mo, unbound. Scarce. Brookfield, 1827
379. MASSACHUSETTS. A Discourse shewing the Nature and Necessity of an Internal Call to preach the Everlasting Gospel. By Isaac Backus. 12mo, unbound.
380.- A Sermon preached before His Excellency Thomas Hutchinson, Esq., Governor. . . of the Province of Massachusetts Bay, May 26th, 1773. Being the Anniversary of the Election of His Majesty's Council for said Province. By Chas. Turner. Small 8vo, unbound. Bost. 1773
Autograph on half-title of John Cleaveland, Chaplain in the French and Indian War and the Revolution.
381. A Sermon at the Ordination of Andrew Eliot, of Fairfield, June, 1774. By his Father, A. Eliot. unbound.
8vo, Bost. 1774
382. A Sermon preached before the Honorable Council and House of Representatives of MassachusettsBay (Anniversary of the Election of the Council), May, 1776. By Sam'l West. Post 8vo, unbound. Bost. 1776
383. A Sermon preached before John Hancock, and Senate and House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Mass., Oct. 25th, 1780, being the day of the Commencement of the Constitution and Inauguration of the New Government. By Samuel Cooper. 8vo, unbound, pp. 55 (some pp. stained). [Bost.] Commonwealth of Mass. 
385. A Sermon delivered at the First Church in Boston, Mch., 1785. By Charles Chauncey. Post 8vo, unbound. Bost. 1785
386. A Sermon preached Oct. 6, 1786, at the Interment of Rev. Isaiah Lewis, of Wellfleet. By Levi Whitman. 12mo, unbound. Bost. 1787
387. A Defence of the Legislature of Massachusetts; or, The Rights of New England Vindicated. unbound.
Post Svo, Bost. 1804
Historical Collections relating to the History and Antiquities of Every Town in Mass. By J. W. Barber. Numerous full-page and smaller views and map. 8vo, sheep (somewhat spotted). Worcester, 1840
389. A Sketch of the History of Newbury, Newburyport and West Newbury, 1635-1865. By Joshua Coffin. Full-page portraits, facsimile, etc. Royal 8vo, cloth) few pp. time-stained). Bost. 1845
History of the Churches and Ministers and of
By Chandler Robbins.
392. MATHER (COTTON). Magnalia Christi Americana; or, The Ecclesiastical History of New England, 16201698. 2 vols. 8vo, sheep. Hartford: Silas Andrus, 1820 393. MEDICAL. Plethora: the Disease of the Age. By Dr. R. C. Fisher. 8vo, paper covers. Chicago 
An eloquent protest against over-eating, use of animal flesh,
394. MILITARY. A Concise System of Instruction, arranged and adapted for the Volunteer Cavalry of the U. S. By Geo. W. Behn. Portrait, folding plate, cuts and music. 8vo, cloth. Savannah (Ga.): for the Author, 1842 395. MILITARY MINUTES of the Council of Appointment of the State of New York, 1783-1821. Hugh Hastings. Fronts. 4 vols. 8vo, cloth. ↓ 396. MISCELLANEOUS. atrical Programmes, etc., etc.
397. MITCHELL (D. G.) Seasons. By Ik. Marvel. rocco, gilt top.
The scarce First edition.
Compiled by Albany, 1901 A Collection of modern The(As a lot.)
Dream Life: a Fable of the Front. 8vo, three-quarter moN. Y. Charles Scribner, 1851
✓ 398. MORMONS. Origin, Rise and Progress of Mor-
399. MUSIC. A Treatise on Musical Sounds, and an '
Contains "S. D. Tillman's Tonometer, or Revolving Musical Scale, showing the relative position of all the True and Tempered Notes in the Major and Minor Modes in every Key now known." Printed in colors. Presentation copy from Prof. Tillman, with his autograph inscription.
400. NAPOLEON. Buonaparte: a Poem. 8vo, sewed. Lond. John Murray, 1814
The scarce FIRST EDITION of this interesting poem. Fine copy. 401. NAVAL BATTLES, ETC. A Series of Colored Views of Naval Battles between the French and English, 1778, etc.; also other Illustrations of Ships. Oblong 4to. (7 pieces.) [Ca. 1779]
402. NAVAL TRIAL. Proceedings of the Court of Inquiry appointed to inquire into the Mutiny on board the U. S. Brig-of-War Somers, on the High Seas. With a full Account of the Execution of Spencer, Cromwell and Small, portrait; also "Cooperage of the Tribune" (pp. 16), relating to J. F. Cooper's Libel Suit against Horace Greeley at end. Svo, stitched. N. Y. 1843
403. NEW ENGLAND. A Sermon preached at Plymouth, Dec. 22, 1774, being the Anniversary of the first Landing of our Ancestors in that place. By Gad Hitchcock. Crown 8vo, unbound. Bost. 1775
Discourse at Truro, Cape Cod, April 11, 1786, at the Interment of Rev. Caleb Upham. By Levi Whitman. 12mo, unbound. Bost. 1786
405. A Discourse, delivered in Bristol, Dec. 22, 1820, on the Anniversary of the Landing of our Ancestors at Plymouth. By Joel Mann. Post Svo, unbound.
Warren (Mass.), 1821
The N. E. Historical and Genealogical Register. Vols. 1 and 2. Illust. 2 vols. 8vo, half roan (stained, poor copies). Bost. 1847-48
Supplement to the Ichnology of N. E.: a Report to the Government of Mass. in 1863. By Edward Hitchcock. Illust. Illust. 4to, cloth. Bost. 1865
1 408. NEW
ENGLAND IMPRINT. Two Sermons preached at Rowley, West Parish, Feb. 10, 1754. By James Chandler. 12mo, unbound (cut close). Bost. 1754
✓ 409. NEW ENGLAND PRIMER. The N. E. Primer. Illust. 32mo, original wrappers (some pp. soiled).
Portland, 1841 ✔410. NEW HAMPSHIRE. History of the Seventeenth Regiment, N. H. Volunteer Infantry, 1862-63. By Lieut. Chas. N. Kent. With Appendix, containing war songs, etc. Portraits and plans. 8vo, cloth. (Presentation copy.) (Published by the 17th N. H. Veteran Assoc.) Concord, 1898
✓ 411. NEW JERSEY. Proclamation of George III., proroguing Session of the Provincial Assembly, 1770. With the Great Seal of the Province. Fine state.
412. History of the College of New Jersey, from its origin in 1746 to 1854. By John Maclean. Portrait laid in. 2 vols. 8vo, half calf. Phil. 1877
History of the Colony of Nova-Cæsaria, or New Jersey, from its first Settlement. By Samuel Smith. 8vo, cloth (map lacking). Reprint. Trenton, 1877
414. History of Burlington and Mercer Counties, with Biographies of Pioneers and Prominent Men. By E. M. Woodward and J. F. Hageman. Numerous full-page portraits. Thick imp. 8vo, roan, gilt. Phil. 1883
History of the Colony of Nova-Cæsaria, or New
Best reprint (with maps and life of the author) of the extremely rare original.
416. — Weather Record for New Brunswick, N. J.,id 1847-1890. By P. V. Spader. Portrait. Royal 8vo. Shepher Somerville: Privately printed, 1890 417. NEW YORK. An Oration Pronounced before the Society of Black Friars, at their Anniversary Festival, in the City of New-York, on Monday, the 11th of November, 1793. By Samuel Latham Mitchell. 8vo, sewed, original blank leaf at end. N. Y. Printed by Friar M'Lean, 1793 The rare original edition of this notable oration, of which only 200 copies were printed for the Society. An early and most interesting reference to 'Domestic Slavery" is to be found on page 32. FINE COPY.
Jones's New-York Mercantile and General
First Annual Report of the Executive Com-
Historical Collections of, relating to the His- ✔
"Map Showing the Position of the New-York
The first map showing the route of the New York and New
423. An Historical Sketch of Columbia College in the City of New York, 1754-1876. Post 8vo, half roan. N. Y.: Privately printed for the College, 1876