« IndietroContinua »
Oration on the Sublime Virtues of Genl. George Washington, pronounced at the Old South Meeting-House, by Fisher Ames. Stipple portrait by Kelly, after Stuart (inserted). 8vo, half morocco, uncut (corner of title restored). Phil. 1800
575. Farewell Address of George Washington. 12mo, original boards (title imperfect and covers loose). Phil. 1800 576. Washington's Monuments of Patriotism. Collection of the most interesting Documents connected with his Military Command, and Civil Administration, etc.; with Major William Jackson's Eulogy on the Character of Washington. With the portrait (Hart, 214 b.) eng. by Savage, and the portrait (Hart, 776) eng. by Lawson. 8vo, original sheep. VERY RARE. Phil. 1800
Legacies of Washington: being a Collection of the most approved Writings of Washington, with a Sketch of his Life. With portrait (Hart, 222, slightly stained). 12mo, original sheep. With the list of subscribers. Scarce. Trenton, 1800
578. The Life of George Washington, interspersed with Biographical Anecdotes of the most Eminent Men who effected the American Revolution. By John Corry. 12mo, original sheep. Lond. 1800
The RARE FIRST EDITION. Many pirated editions of this popular life of Washington appeared without any author in this country at the beginning of the XIX. Century. He was the author of several good topographical books, History of Bristol, History of Lancashire, etc., and was entirely self-taught.
579. A Funeral Oration, delivered in the Brick Presbyterian Church, New York City, on the Death of Gen. Washington. By John M. Mason. 8vo, unbonnd. N.Y.1800 580. A Discourse delivered at Hartford, Feby. 22, 1800, the day set apart by recommendation of Congress to pay a tribute of respect to the Memory of Washington. By Abel Flint. Scarce engraved portrait (inserted). Post 8vo, half brown crushed levant. Hartford, 1800
581. A Discourse at Woodbury, in New Jersey, 22d of February, 1800 . . in Memory of General George Washington. By John Croes. Portrait of the author (inserted). Post 8vo, half morocco.
An Eulogy on the Life, Character and Services of Brother George Washington, deceased, pronounced before the Fraternity of Free Masons, at Boston, Feb. 11, 1800. By Brother Timothy Bigelow. Fine stipple portrait (inserted). 8vo, half morocco. Bost. 
583. Eulogies and Orations on the Life and Death of Gen. George Washington (by Gov. Morris, David Ramsay, Fisher Ames, Isaac Parker, and numerous others). Portrait (inserted). 8vo, half calf. Bost. 1800
584. Biographical Memoirs of the Illustrious Gen. Geo. Washington Also a Sketch of his Private Life. [By Thos. Condie.] 18mo, old sheep (stained rather badly throughout, and some corners defective).
Phil. Charless & Ralston, 1800 EXCESSIVELY RARE, with the 11 pages at the end containing Washington's will. Baker was not aware of a copy containing them.
585. Eulogium on the Character of Gen. Washington. By Major William Jackson, Aide-de-Camp to Washington, and Sect.-Gen. of the Cincinnati. Stipple portrait by Leney (inserted). 8vo, half morocco (newly bound). Phil. 1800
Biographical Memoirs of the Illustrious Gen. Geo. Washington, etc.; also a Sketch of his Private Life. Rare. Phil. Charles & Ralston, 1800 587. Letters from General Washington to Arthur Young, Esq., containing an Aceount of his Husbandry, with a map of his farm, etc., and particulars of the Rural Economy of the United States. 8vo, old half calf and boards, UNCUT. Lond. J. & J. Richardson, 1801 Another edition. Post 8vo, original sheep. Alexandria (Va.), 1803 Biographical Memoirs of the Illustrious Gen. G. Washington; also a Sketch of his Private Life. Third edn. Stipple portrait by Tanner. 16mo, half sheep. Phil. 1801 The Washingtoniana, containing a Sketch of the Life and Death of George Washington. With portrait by Edwin. 8vo, half morocco (title repaired).
591. An Essay on the Life of George Washington. By Aaron Bancroft. With stipple portrait by Edwin. Thick 8vo, original sheep. Worcester, 1807
The Life of George Washington. By John
Life of. By M. L. Weems. (Issued without illusts.) 12mo, sheep (damp-stained). Phil. 1808 First edition of Weems' life, with the "hatchet story," etc. 594. Life of. By M. L. Weems. Portrait and 7 plates (one with margin damaged). 12mo, sheep (somewhat used). Phil. 1809 The portrait (by Tanner) was not known to Baker " with no letters."
595. Life of. Portrait and 6 By M. L. Weems. plates (should be 8 plates in all). 12mo, old sheep (poor copy). Phil. 1809
The Life of George Washington. By John
Rare. With the list of subscribers. Another copy of the same. pression of the portrait by Scoles (torn 12mo, original sheep.
With brilliant imon lower margin). N. Y. 1809
Although bearing the same date, this is a different edition from the preceding, being set up from different type. With the list of subscribers.
598. An American Biographical Dictionary. By William Allen. With stipple portrait by Edwin (fine impression) and folding plate "An American Biographical Chart." Thick 8vo, original boards, uncut (rebacked with cloth). Cambridge (Mass.), 1809
599. Washington; or, Liberty Restored: a Poem, in ten books. By Thomas Northmore. FIRST EDN. 12mo, original sheep (covers detached). Balt. 1809
Die Lebensbeschreibung und merkwurdige handlungen von Georg Waschington, etc., etc. With a very quaint woodcut portrait of Washington. 12mo, original half roan and boards. Friederichstadt (Maryland), 1809
Life of. By M. L. Weems. Transl. into GerPortrait and 6 plates. 12mo, sheep.
Lebanon (Pa.), 1810
Life of. By M. L. Weems. Transl. into GerPortrait and 6 plates. 12mo, sheep (time-stained). Lebanon (Pa.), 1810
603. The Life of George Washington. By M. L. Weems. With portrait of Washington (Hart, 447a, ascribed by Baker to Scoles") and plates of capture of André, surrender of Cornwallis, etc. 12mo, original sheep (worn, and fronts. damaged, and writing on the Washington portrait, no map). Phil. 1810
The Constitutions of the United States, according to the last Amendments; The Farewell Address, Declaration of Independence, etc. With brilliant impression of the portrait of Washington, engraved by Gebrecht (Hart, 384). 12mo, original sheep. Gettysburg, 1811
FINE COPY. VERY RARE. Not in Brinley or Sabin.
Life of George Washington. By David Ram-
RARE. Author of the history of the American Revolution, etc. He was mortally wounded by a lunatic in the streets of Charleston, 1815.
606. Memoirs of Gen. George Washington. With brilliant impression of the stipple portrait (inserted), engraved by Macret (Hart, 326). 32mo, full dark blue crushed levant morocco, gilt edges. Fine copy. Bound by Brad
607. Biographical Memoirs of the Illustrious General Washington, to which is added an Oration upon his Death. By Samuel Stanhope Smith. With full-length portrait (woodcut). 12mo, new half morocco (writing on portrait). Trenton, 1811
Constitution of the Washington Benevolent Society of the Town of Florida and the Co. of Montgomery (and the Farewell Address). With portrait (fine stipple). 24mo, original half roan and boards.
With the American book-label of James H. Post.
Washington's Farewell Address to the People of the United States. With fine stipple portrait, engraved by Scoles. 12mo, original half sheep and boards.
Washington's Farewell Address to the People of the United States. With stipple portrait (Hart, 412) (spotted). 12mo, original half roan and boards.
New Brunswick, 1812
Contains the certificate of the New Jersey Washington Benevolent Society at Princeton.
The Life of George Washington, with Curious Anecdotes. By M. L Weems. With portrait of Washington (brilliant impression, Hart 447, ascribed by Baker to Scoles), and plates of the Capture of André, the Surrender of Cornwallis, Battle of Bunker's Hill, and the large folding map (usually missing). 12mo, original sheep (one p. repaired). RARE.
With the rare bookplate of Alex. Magee, Jan., 1822. Weems was the book agent for Matthew Carey, the Philadelphia publisher.
The Portrait. A Poem delivered before the Washington Benevolent Society of Newburyport, Oct. 27, 1812. By John Pierpont. 8vo, wrappers (not original). FIRST EDITION. Uncut and unopened.
Farewell Address to the People of the United States. Together with the Constitution of the U. S., with all the Amendments. To which is added the Declaration of Independence. Oval stipple portrait by J. R. Smith. 18mo, old half binding (trifle stained).
Worcester, Mass.: Isaac Sturtevant, 1813 Certificate of membership of the Washington Benevolent Society (Worcester) inserted.
614. The Conduct of Washington, compared with that of the Present Administration, in a series of Letters and Official Documents, Notes. By A Friend of Truth, and of Honorable Peace, Free Trade and Sailors' Rights. Crown 8vo, unbound. n. p, n. d. 
A SCARCE AND NOTABLE TRACT.
615. Washington's Farewell Address to the People of the U. S. Published for Washington Benevolent Society in New Jersey. Stipple portrait. 16mo, original half roan and boards. RARE. New Brunswick, 1813
616. Life of. By John Kingston. Stipple portrait by Edwin. 24mo, sheep (poor copy, with one cover missing). Balt. 1813
617. Biographical Memoirs of the Illustrious Gen. George Washington. With portrait, engraved by A. Reed (not in Hart). 32mo, original half roan and boards.
Barnard, Vt., 1813
RARE. With the book-label of Orsamus C. King, Woodstock, Vt., 1830.
618. Life of. By W. L. Weems. Portrait and 6 plates (should be 8 plates in all). 12mo, sheep (some pp. torn and foxed). Phil. 1814
Biographical Memoirs of the Illustrious Gen. George Washington; also Sketch of his Private Life. With several portraits and views inserted. 12mo, original sheep. Brattleborough, Vt., 1814 Life of. By David Ramsay. 5 engravings (should be 6). 12mo, sheep (portrait lacking). Balt. 1815
Life of. By M. L. Weems. Portrait and 6 plates (should be 8 plates in all). 12mo, old sheep (poor copy). Phil. 1815