« IndietroContinua »
127. FOXE'S BOOK OF MARTYRS, copperplates, Lond. 1741; Cave's Lives of the Primitive Fathers, copperplates, London, 1677; another copy, 1683. Together 3 vols. Folio, old calf, etc. (Not returnable.)
128. FREMONT'S LIFE [Upham], 1856; The Life and Voyages of Columbus [Irving], 1829; The Federalist, 1847; Jamaica in 1850 [Bigelow], 1851; and others. 10 vols.
129. FRETZ FAMILY. A Brief History of John and Christian Fretz and a Complete Genealogical Family Register. By Rev. A. J. Fretz, with Introduction by J. Freeman Hendricks. Portraits and other illusts. Crown 8vo, original cloth gilt edges Elkhart, Ind., 1890 130.
Another copy of the same.
131. GARRICK (DAVID).
The Private Correspondence of, with the Most Celebrated Persons of His Time. With Memoir. Portrait after Reynolds. 2 vols. royal 4to, cloth, uncut.
132. GENEALOGY. Life of the Most Illustrious Prince John, Duke of Argyle and Greenwich, containing an Historical and Genealogical Account of his Family and Ancestors, etc., etc. By Robert Campbell. Portrait. Post 8vo, old calf (rubbed). Lond. 1745
133. - A Brief History of John and Christian Fretz, and a Complete Genealogical Family Register. By Rev. A. J. Fretz. Portraits and other illusts. Crown 8vo, original cloth. Elkhart, Ind., 1890
135. GERMAN LITERATURE. Blätter für litterarische Unterhaltung, 1894, 1895, 1897, 1898. 4 vols. 4to, half calf. Leipzig, 1894-98
136. GRANT (U. S.) Personal Memoirs. Portraits, facsimiles, etc. 2 vols. 8vo, original cloth. N. Y. 1886
137. GREAT BATTLES OF ALL NATIONS, illust., 2 vols., 1898; Mosheim's Ecclesiastical History, 2 vols., 1832; Dixon's New America, 2 vols. 8vo, cloth (poor copy), 1867; and others (some odd). 25 vols.
138. GREAT WEST (THE). Historical Collections of. By Henry Howe. Numerous illusts. 2 in one vol. Royal 8vo, half cloth (poor copy). Cinn. 1856
139. GREELEY (HORACE). Recollections of a Busy Life. Portrait. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1868
140. GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS (THE) [D. P. Thompson], Bost. 1848; The Life and Services of Jas. G. Blaine [Conwell], illust.; Our Rulers and Our Rights [Willis], 1868; and others. 10 vols.
141. GROLIER CLUB'S EXHIBITION CATALOGUES: Etchings by Zilcken; Portraits engraved by Faithorne; PorFrench Authors; Artistic Lithography; Japanese traits of Prints; English Engraved Titles, etc.; Engravings, etc., by Women (2 copies). Together 8 vols. 12mo, original wrapN. Y. 1892-1901 pers, uncut.
142. HAGIOLOGY. Dissertazione interno alla Santita',
e Martirio del B. Adalpreto, Vescovo di Trento. Small 4to, old limp boards. In Trento, 1754 143. HAMILTON (ALEX). Life and Times of. By Sam'l M. Smucker. Brilliant Impressions of the Portrait by J. D. GROSS. Crown 8vo, original cloth (spotted in places).
Bost. 1857 144. HANSEATIC REPUBLICS. Wowenhagen. (Joh. Ang.) De Rebus Publicis Hanseaticis. Fronts. containing view of Lubec. 24mo, old limp vellum, gilt edges (binding trifle wormed). Lugd. Bat. 1631 145. HAWTHORNE (NATH.) Mosses from an Old Manse. New edn., carefully revised by the Author. 2 vols. 12mo, original cloth.
146. HAYES (RUTHERFORD B.) Endorsement of two lines and signature on application for commission of notary.
Wash. 1880 147. HEBREW, GREEK AND ENGLISH DICTIONARY of Scriptural Representative Words. By Dr. Henry Browne. 8vo, cloth.
148. HEIZ UND LÜFTUNGSTECHNIK, Lehrbuch der. Von F. Paul. Illusts. 8vo, half sheep. Wien, 1885
149. HEWLETT (MAURICE). Songs and Meditations. Post 8vo Westminster, 1896
First Edition. Fine copy in the original buckram, uncut and unopened.
The Fool Errant. FIRST EDN. 12mo, cloth.
152. HISTORY. Official Reference Library of U. S. History; Epochs of Discovery, Planting and Independence. By Gen. M. J. Wright, etc. Portraits. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 
153. HISTORY OF ENGLISH LITERATURE [Taine], 1895; Spark's Life of Washington, 1855; The Vicar of Wakefield [Goldsmith], 1884; and others. 10 vols.
154. HISTORY OF MEDICINE and Medical Men in N. J. to A. D. 1800 [Wickes]; The Nether Side of New York [Crapsey]; The Obsequies of Abraham Lincoln, portraits and views; Impending Crisis of the South [Helper]; and six others. Together 10 vols. 8vo, cloth.
155. HISTORY OF THE WAR DEPARTMENT of the U. S. [Ingersoll], 1879; The Life and Times of Henry Clay [Schmucker]; Taylor and His Generals, illust.; and others. 10 vols.
156. HOLMES (O. W.) Poems [containing some pieces now first collected]. Crown 8vo, French morocco, gilt.
157. HOMES OF AMERICAN AUTHORS; comprising Anecdotical, Personal, and Descriptive Sketches, by Various Writers. Views (some colored) of residences and facsimiles of manuscript. Small 4to, original brown embossed morocco, gilt edges (margins discolored) N. Y. 1853
158. HUNTOON GENEALOGY. Philip Huntoon and His Descendants. By Daniel T. V. Huntoon. 12mo, paper (back chipped), pp. 113. Canton (Mass.), 1881
159. ILLUSTRATED LONDON ALMANACK, 1845 to 1852. Numerous illusts. 8 in one vol. 4to, cloth. 160. INDIA. Occosional Essays on Native South Indian Life. By Stanley Rice. 8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. 1901 161. INDIANS. Black Hawk; and Scenes in the West. A national poem. 2 illusts. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1848
162. Smith (E. Reuel). The Araucanians; or, Notes of a Town among the Indian Tribes of Southern Chili. Illusts. Crown 8vo, cloth (trifle spotted).
N. Y. 1855
163. Heroes and Hunters of the West: comprising Sketches and Adventures of Boone, Kenton, Brady, Logan, Whetzel, etc. Numerous engravings, including Portraits of Indians. Crown 8vo, original cloth. Phil. 1858
164. The Aboriginal Races of North America. By Sam'l G. Drake. With valuable additions by Prof. H. L. Williams. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. [188-]
165. INNOCENTS ABROAD (THE), Clemens, FIRST EDN., illust., 1869 (poor copy); The Roundabout Papers [Thackeray], illust., N. Y. 1863; The New England Tragedies [Longfellow], FIRST EDN., 1868; and others. 10 vols.
166. INSIDE OUT; a Curious Book [Francis], 1865; The Congressman's Christmas Dream [A. Oakey Hall], 1870; Star Papers [Beecher], 1855; and others. 10 vols.
167. INTERESTING EVENTS in the History of the United States, since the Discovery of this Country to the Present Time. By J. W. Barber. Numerous plates of events in American History. 12mo, boards (stained in places). New Haven, 1829
168. IRELAND. A printed petition, 4 pp. 4to, April 17, 1730, to the King of England for the erection of English Protestant Schools in Ireland, in order that "the ways proper to be taken for the Converting and Civilizing of these poor deluded People . . . . has always been thought to be that a sufficient number of English Protestant Schools be Erected, and Established. Among the signatures are those of
J. Reynolds, J. Eyre, Lords Roscommon, Kildare, etc.
169. ISSUES OF AMERICAN POLITICS [Skinner], 1873; The Republican Party; Its History, etc. [Long], 1898; The Red Book [Murlin], illust., 1895; and others. 10 vols.
AMES II. The Life of James the Second, Late King of England . . . with the Various Struggles made since for His Restoration. Small 4to, half calf. Lond. Printed and Sold by the Booksellers [170-] The surreptitious issue is in part accounted for by certain curious opinions set forth in some epistles at the end, one in particular dealing with the government of women in a new commonwealth.
171. JAMES II. AND THE POPE. Account of Roger Earl of Castlemaine's Embassy from James II. to His Holiness Innocent XI. 14 (should be 16) large copperplates of Triumphal cars, the Banquet, etc., engraved by ARNOLD V. WESTERHOUT. Folio, old calf. London, 1688 Translated from the Italian edition published by Michael Wright, Chief Steward to Castlemaine at Rome..
172. JERSEY REGIMENT. The History of the Ninth New Jersey Vols. Sept. 13th, 1861-July 12th, 1865. By Captain J. Madison Drake. Portraits, etc. 8vo, cloth.
Elizabeth, N. J., 1889
173. JOE MILLER'S JESTS; or, the Wits Vade-Mecum (facsimile of the original edn.) 8vo, half roan.
Lond. 1739, N. D.
174. JOHNSON (DR. SAM'L). Prayers and Meditations, published from his MSS. Edited by Geo. Strahan. 8vo, three-quarter crushed levant. Lond. 1785
175. JOURNALISM. James Macdonell, Journalist. By W. Robertson Nicoll. Etched Portrait by H. MANESSE. original cloth.
8vo, N. Y. 1897
176. JUDSON (DR. ADONIRAM). Memoirs of His Life and Labors. By F. Wayland. Portrait. 2 vols. 12mo, half Bost, 1853
177. KANT'S COSMOGONY. Introduction by Thos.
Wright. Post 8vo, cloth, uncut. Glasgow, 1900
178. KING (DR. WM.) Miscellanies in Prose and Verse. Autograph of Wm. Townsend on title. Large paper. 8vo, original panelled calf. FINE COPY except for corners of two last leaves being torn. Lond. B. Lintott [171-]
179. KIPLING'S In Black and White (cover torn); The Gilded Age [Mark Twain and C. D. Warner]; Tennyson, by Arthur Waugh; and seven others. Together 10 vols. 8vo, etc.
180. KOTZEBUE (August), German Diplomatist and Dramatist, assassinated by Sand. A. L. S. 1p, 4to, 1806. To a bookseller in Leipsig. With 2 portraits of Kotzebue, and one of Sand [by Cruikshank]. (As a lot.)
181. LADIES OF THE WHITE HOUSE; or, In the
Home of the Presidents. By Laura C. Holloway. 21 engraved portraits and 9 views. 8vo, cloth.
Phil. 1883 182. LANG (ANDREW). Old Friends. Essays in Epistolatory Parody. 8vo, half blue crushed levant, uncut.
FIRST EDITION. Large Paper copy on Japan vellum. No. 94 of 150 copies issued.
183. LAW-OLD ENGLISH. The Reports of Sir George Croke, Knight, late one of the Justices of King's-Bench and of Common-Bench, of such Select Cases as were Adjudged in the said Courts. Revised by Sir H. Grimston. Small folio, sheep (small hole penetrating several pp.).
184. LAWRENCE FAMILY. Historical Genealogy of, 1635-1858. By Thos. Lawrence. Royal 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1858
185. LEAFLETS OF MEMORY, an Illuminated Manual, 1848; The Edge of the Orient [Russell], illust., 1896; and others. 10 vols.
186. LEMAITRE (FREDERIC), noted French actor. 7. A. L. S. 1 p. 8vo. Letter of courtesy.
 187. LETTERS OF JUNIUS [Woodfall], 1851; The Scar-✔ let Letter [Hawthorne], second edn., 1850; A Classical Manual, 1833; and others. 10 vols.
188. LIFE INSURANCE. The Ideal Protection. By W. T. Standen. Portrait. Royal 8vo, cloth, uncut. N. Y. 
189. LIFE OF JOHN QUINCY ADAMS [Seward], 1849; Life of "Kit" Carson [Abbott], illust., 1874; Life of Gen. Lafayette, illust.; and others. 10 vols.