« IndietroContinua »
13. AMONG THE PINES [Kirke], 1862; Down in Tennessee [Kirke], 1864; The Travels and Adventures of Celebrated Travellers [Howe], illust., 1859; and others. 10 vols.
14. ANCIENT BAPTISMAL FONT at Adria, Italy. Dissertazione su d'un antico vaso di Adria. Da F. G. Bocchi. 4 folding plates. Small 4to, wrappers, uncut. Adria, 1798
15. ANCIENT ROMAN PAINTINGS. Le Pitture Antiche delle Grotte di Roma, e del Sepolcro de' Nasoni. Descritte et illustrate da Gio. Pietro Bellori, e M. Causei dela Chausse. 75 double and full-page copperplates engraved by P. S. and E. F. BARTOLI. Folio, old vellum. In Roma, 1706 FINE COPY OF THE FIRST COMPLETE EDITION, OF WHICH, ACCORDING TO DAVID CLEMENT (III., 76), THERE WERE BUT 36 COPIES PRINTED. Autograph signature on title of Ralph N. Wornum, the eminent English art critic and keeper of the National Gallery, 1854-77.
16. ANDERSON (ALEX. D.) The Silver Country; or the Great Southwest. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1877
17. ANTHROPOLOGY. Haddon (A. C.) The Study of Man. Illusts. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1898
18. ARISTOTLE. Figlivcci (Fel.) De la Filosofia Morale. Sopra li dieci libri de l'Ethica d'Aristotile. Italic letter, printer's device on title. Small 4to, old vellum (some worm holes, and binding worn). Roma, V. Valgrisi, 1551
19. ARMY AND NAVY CHRONICLE (a periodical). Edited by Benj. Homans. Vol. 1, Jan. 3-Dec. 24, 1835. 4to, half sheep. Wash.
20. ATLAS AND GAZETTEER OF THE U. S., 1872; Atlas Classica; select maps of Ancient Geography, 1829; and others. 10 vols. folio and smaller.
21. BANCROFT (GEORGE). History of the United
States. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
Lond. 1852 22. BANCROFT (HUBERT H.) History of the Pacific States, vols. 4, 5, 7; History of Central America, vols. 1 and 2 (1501-1800). Together 5 vols. 8vo, cloth.
San Francisco, 1883, etc. 23. BANKNOTE ENGRAVINGS. Several hundred vignettes, miniature American views, allegorical portraits, etc. (As a lot.)
24. BAYLISS (WYKE). The Higher Life in Art, with a Chapter on Hobgoblins by the Great Masters. Post 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1879
25. BEHIND THE SCENES IN WASHINGTON [Martin], illust.; Poetical Pen-Pictures of the War [Hayward], 1863; The Sherman Letters, edited by R. S. Thorndike, 1894, portraits; and others. 10 vols.
26. BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES of Men of Our Day [Brockett, illust., 1868; Lives of the Governors of the State of N. Y. [Jenkins], 1852; Eight Years in Congress [S. S. Cox]; and others. 10 vols.
27. BIOGRAPHY. Lives of Twelve Good Men. By Dean J. W. Burgon. 2 vols. crown 8vo, half calf gilt, gilt top edges (binding little chafed). London, 1889
The subjects were chiefly contemporaries of the writer at Oxford University.
28. BIRDS. Report on the Birds of Pennsylvania. With special reference to their Food Habits, etc. By B. H. War99 fine full-page plates. Revised and enlarged edn. 8vo, half calf. Toollatis Harrisburg, 1890
29. BITTER-SWEET [Holland], 1872; Kathrina [Holland], 1867; Life and Services of Winfield Scott Hancock [Prince], 1880; and others. 10 vols.
30. BLAKE (WM.) Aphorisms on Man. Transl. from Lavater. Second edn. Copper front. by Wm. Blake. [Vol. 1, all issued.) 12mo, calf. Lond, 1789
31. BOER WAR. Rae (Rev. Colin). Malaboch; or, Notes from My Diary on the Boer Campaign of 1894 against the Chief Malaboch. Numerous illusts. 8vo, cloth. London, 1898 An account of the "Jamieson Raid" of 1895 is appended. 32. BOHEMIANISM. Reminiscences of an Old Bohemian. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth, uncut. Lond. 1882
33. BOOKPLATE. Stafford Briscoe. Fine Chippendale. [ca. 1789]
34. BOOKS. London Catalogue, containing list of books
Norton's Literary Register; or, Annual Book List
The American Catalog, containing a record of
Studies in Early English Literature, by Emelyn W. Washburn, N. Y. 1884; A Battle of the Books, recorded by An Unknown Writer, edited and published by Gail Hamilton, Cambridge, 1870. Together 2 vols. Crown Svc, cloth.
38. BOOTH (NEWTON, of California). Speeches and
39. BRAZIL AND THE BRAZILIANS. Historical and
40. BREWERTON (G. DOUGLAS). Wars of the Western
41. BUCHANAN (ROBERT). Saint Abe and His Seven Wives; a Tale of Salt Lake City. Frontispiece. Post 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1896
42. BUCHANAN'S ADMINISTRATION, 1866; History of the State of New York [Randall], N. Y. 1870; Life of Silas Wright [Jenkins], 1847; and others. 10 vols.
43. C ALIFORNIA; for Health, Pleasure and Residence [Nordhoff], 1874; Our Countrymen [Lossing], illust., 1855; The Life and Services of Henry Clay [Sargent], 1859; and others. 10 vols.
44. CALVIN'S COMMENTARIES (in Latin) on the various Books of the Old and New Testament. Folio, 5 vols. half roan (sold with all faults). Geneva, 1583, etc.
45. CAMDEN SOCIETY. Letters from James Earl of Perth to his Sister, the Countess of Erroll; Commentary of the Services and Charges of William Lord Grey of Wilton; Second Book of the Travels of Nicander Nucius of Corcyra; Documents relating to Middleham (York) Collegiate Church. Together 4 vols. Small 4to, cloth.
London, Camden Society, 1841-47 46. The Autobiography of Sir John Bramston of Skreens, in the Hundred of Chelmsford. Small 4to, cloth. Lond. 1845
47. CANADA. Ville-Marie; or, Sketches of Montreal Past and Present. By Alfred Sandham. Numerous illusts. 8vo, cloth (faded). Montreal, 1870
48. CARMAN (BLISS). Christmas Eve at S. Kavin's. Frontis. Post 8vo, half crushed levant, uncut, with the original board covers preserved. N. Y. 1901
One of only 160 copies printed on Japan vellum.
49. CASKET (THE). Flowers of Literature, Wit and Sentiment for 1837. Illusts. 8vo, half calf (poor copy). Phil.
50. CATALOGUE of the Library of Mrs. John G. Moore. Post 8vo, half cloth, uncut. One of 95 copies privately printed. N. Y. 1892
51. CATSKILL MOUNTAINS (THE) and the Region Around. Their Scenery, Legends, and History. By Rev. Chas. Rockwell. Fronts. Crown 8vo, cloth (one cover water stained). N. Y. 1867
52. CENTRAL AMERICA. Montgomery (G. rative of a Journey to Guatamela in 1838.
53. CHAMBERS'S ENCYCLOPAEDIA; a Dictionary of Universal Knowledge. Hundreds of illusts. 9 vols. 4to, full sheep. (Lacks some pp. not returnable). N. Y. 1892-4
W.) Nar8vo, cloth N. Y. 1839
54. CHARLES V. OF GERMANY & SPAIN. Vita di Carlo Quinto Imp., descritta da M. Lodovico Dolce. Engraved title containing portrait. 8vo, old limp vellum.
In Venegia, 1567
55. CHICAGO. Through the Flames and Beyond; or, Chicago as It Was and Is. By Frank Luzerne. Numerous illusts. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1872
56. CHINA. The Attaché at Peking. By A. B. Free-
57. CIVIL POLICY IN AMERICA [Draper], 1865; McClellan's Report on the Army of the Potomac, 1864; The Life and Services of Henry Clay [Sargent], 1852; and others. 10 vols.
58. CIVIL WAR. Southern History.
ports of Battles. 8vo, cloth.
The Bivouac and the Battlefield [Noyes]; Capture, Prison Pen, and Escape [Glazier]; Life of Maj. Delany [F. A. Rollin]; Gettysburg to Rapidan [A. Humphreys]. 4 vols. 12mo, cloth (poor copies).
60. The Story of the Great March [Nichols]; Women of the W ar [Frank Moore], steel portraits and views; Pictorial Book of Anecdotes and Incidents of the Rebellion [F. Kirkland], numerous illusts. 3 vols. royal 8vo, etc., cloth.
Sherman and His Campaigns [Bowman and Irwin]; Story of the Great March [Nichols]; Reminiscences of W. S. Hancock, by His Wife, 2 illusts. 3 vols. 8vo and post 8vo, cloth
Three Years in the Federal Cavalry [Glazier) ] The Impending Crisis of the South [Helper]; General McClellan's Report and Campaigns; and others. Together, 8vo, etc., cloth.
63. CIVIL WAR. Camp-fire Chats [Davis]; Sword and Pen [Willard Glazier]; History of the 6th Regiment N. Y. Volunteers [Morris]; and two others. Together, 5 vols. Crown Svo, etc., cloth.
History of Connecticut during the War [Croffut and Morris]; New Jersey and the Rebellion [Foster]; The Ulster Guard and the War [Gates]; and another. Together, 4 vols. 8vo, old sheep, etc.
Woman's Work in the Civil War [Brockett]; Southern History of the War: The Third Year [E. A. Pollard]; Kilpatrick and Our Cavalry [Moore]; and another. Together, 4 vols. 8vo, etc., cloth.
66. The Army Reunion, Chicago, 1868; The Battle of Chancellorsville [Bates]; The Capture, the Prison Pen, and the Escape [Glazier]; Six Months at the White House with Lincoln Carpenter]; and another. 5 vols. 8vo, etc.
67. —— The Field, the Dungeon, and the Escape [Richardson]; Personal History of Grant [Richardson]; The Capture, the Prison Pen, and the Escape; and another. Together 4 vols. 8vo, cloth.
General McClellan's Report and Campaigns of the Army of the Potomac; The Story of the Great March [Nichols]; Prison Life of Jefferson Davis; and another. Together, 4 vols. 8vo, etc., cloth.
New Hampshire in the Rebellion [Waite]; Grant and His Campaigns [Coppée]; and others. Together 4 vols. 8vo, etc., cloth.
General Butler in New Orleans [Parton]; Southern History of the War: The Second Year, by E. A. Pollard; Three Months in the Southern States [Freemantle]; and another. Together, 4 vols. Crown 8vo, etc., cloth.
71. Maine at Gettysburg [Commissioners' Report]; Grant and His Campaigns [Coppée]; Sketches of the War [Nott]; Ten Years in Washington [M. C. Ames]. Together, 4 vols. 8vo, etc.
Bivouac and Battlefield [Noyes]; The Record of Andover during the Rebellion-Record of the Thirty-third Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry; and another. Together, 4 vols. 8vo, etc.
General Nathaniel Lyon, and Missouri in 1861, by Jas. Peckham; Nurse and Spy in the Union Army, by S. Emma E. Edmonds; Life with the 49th Massachusetts Volunteers; and another. 4 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.