« IndietroContinua »
New Year's Day, by Mrs. Gore, 4 full-page etchings by G. C., Lond. ; also The Tribute of Affection, Lond. In 1 vol. 12mo, half bound (chipped). ✓ 159. The Old Sailor's Jolly Boat. Tales, Yarns,✔ etc. By H. M. Barker. Full-page etchings (1 lacking) by G. and R. C. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Lond., n. d.
✓ 160. CUBA. Gan-Eden; or, Pictures of Cuba. Post 8vo,
✔ 161. CURIOUS. [Beresford (Jas.)] The Miseries of
162. CURTIS (GEORGE TICKNOR). A. L. S., 2 pp. 8vo, dated from New York, Oct. 29, 1887.
163. DALY (AUGUSTIN). Woffington: a Tribute to the Actress and the Woman. Full-page plates, portraits, scenes, facsimiles, etc. Second edn. 4to, decorated cloth gilt, gilt top, uncut. Troy (N. Y.)  Fine copy. Privately printed.
N. Y. 1899
164. DANA (JAMES DWIGHT). The Life of Dana. By✔ Daniel C. Gilman. Illust. 8vo, cloth. ✓ 165. DANCE OF DEATH. Der Todten-Dantz, wie✔ derselbe in der weitberuhmten Stadt Basel, als ein Spiegel menschlicher Beschaffenheit, ganz kunstlich mit lebendigen Farben gemahlet. Vignette on title, and 41 woodcuts of Dance of Death subjects. Crown 8vo, half morocco, gilt top edge. Basel, 1796
166. DANCING. By Mrs. Lilly Grove and others. (Badminton Library.) Numerous illusts., music, etc. Post 8vo, cloth. Lond. 1895
167. A History of Dancing, from the Earliest Ages to our Own Times, from the French of Gaston Vuillier, with a Sketch of Dancing in England, by Joseph Grego. With 24 full-page plates and over 400 illusts. in the text. Thick small folio, cloth. N. Y. 1898
168. DANISH-FRENCH GRAMMAR. Timer i Fransk en Lærebog i det Franske N. J. Libe. Crown 8vo, half bound.
Kursus paa 100 Sprog, af Kapt. Kobenhavn, 1895
169. DANTE. Facsimile of one of the earliest Portraits representing Dante wearing a "tabard." 32mo, printed on 4to sheet of Japan vellum. ONLY 6 THUS PRINTED, AND EACH SIGNED BY THE ARTIST, WHO MADE THE DRAWING FROM THE ORIGINAL.
170. DARLEY. Illustrations of Rip Van Winkle and The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, designed and etched by T. O. C. Darley. Oblong folio. 2 vols., each containing 6 plates, original wrappers (spotted).
N. Y.: American Art Union, 1848-49 171. D'ARTAGNAN. Memoirs of Monsieur D'Artagnan. ✔ Translated by Ralph Neville. Illust. 3 vols. post 8vo, cloth, gilt tops, uncut. Limited to 500 copies. Bost. 1903
172. DASHES OF AMERICAN HUMOR [Howard Paul], illust. by Leech, N. Y. 1853; Longfellow's Poems, Collected edn., 2 vols., Bost. 1865; The World, by Adam Fitz-Adam, 4 vols. 12mo, calf, Lond. 1761; and others. 15 vols.
✔ 173. DAUDET (ALPHONSE). La Lutte pour la Vie.
✓ 175. DAVIDSON (JOHN). The Last Ballad, and other
176. DEATH'S DOINGS. Original Compositions in √ Prose and Verse. With 30 full-page plates by R. Dagley. 2 vols. 8vo, wrappers (not original-foxed and some margins repaired). Bost. 1328
177. DEKOCK (CH. PAUL). Scenes of Parisian Life. ✓ Transl. by E. M. Norris. Etchings, etc., by Wm. Glackens. 8vo, half crimson morocco, gilt top edge.
Norwood, Mass.  ✓178. DEMPSTER (WM. RICHARDSON [1809-71]-Mu- / sician). A. L. S., 1 page, 4to, in reference to the concerts at Pittsburgh, etc., dated from Pittsburgh, April 7, 1846. ✓179. DEVIL. The Foot-Prints of Satan; or, The Devil in History. By Rev. H. Read. Illusts. 8vo, half morocco. N. Y. 1872
180. DICKENS (CHARLES). Miscellaneous lot of Books by, and relating to, Charles Dickens, including some early American editions. Together 18 vols. 12mo, etc. 1837-72
181. The Household Narrative of Current Events, 1850-1855 inclusive. Conducted (and with original contributions) by Charles Dickens. 6 vols. royal 8vo, original cloth. Lond. 1850-55 In Jail with Charles Dickens. By A. Trumble. Som FIRST EDN. Folding fronts. 12mo, cloth. Lond. 1896
183. DICKENS. Old Lamps for New Ones, and other Sketches and Essays hitherto uncollected. Edited by F. G. Kitton. FIRST EDN. Facsimile. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1897 /184. Charles Dickens by Pen and Pencil, including Anecdotes and Reminiscences collected from his Friends LAL and Contemporaries. By Fredk. G. Kitton. Numerous fine portraits, etc. Folio. COMPLETE WITH SUPPLEMENT, in 1s parts as published, original wrappers. Lond. 1889-90 ✓ 185. The Life of Dickens. By John Forster.✓ PW Library edn. Portraits. 3 vols. 8vo, half morocco gilt, gilt
Lond. 1874, etc.
The Letters of Charles Dickens. Edited by his sister-in-law and his eldest daughter. Library edn. 3 vols. 8vo, half morocco gilt, gilt tops. Lond. 1880
✓187. DICTIONARY. Lexicon Islandico-Latino-Danicum
in 1. Small 4to, old calf.
189. DOBSON (AUSTIN). Four French Women: Mademoiselle De Corday, Madame Rowland, Princess De Lamballe, Madame De Genlis. Portraits. 12mo, cloth. N. Y.,n.d. ✓ 190. DOCUMENTS AND AUTOGRAPH LETTERS, relating to Baltimore Ironworks (Sept. 4, 1770); A Murder committed in Halfmoon Co., Albany (April 24, 1751); and others. Folio and 4to.
✓ 191. DORÉ. Cassell's Doré Gallery, containing 250 fine Facsimiles of Doré's most famous work and including selections from the Doré Bible, Milton, Dante's Inferno, and Paradiso, Don Quixote, etc., etc. With Memoir, Critical Essay and Descriptive Letterpress by Edmund Ollier. Thick folio, morocco back, gilt edges. Fine copy. N. Y. [recent]
192. DRAMATIC BIOGRAPHY. Macready's Reminiscences and Selections from his Diaries and Letters. Edited by Sir Frederick Pollock. Best edn. Portraits. 2 vols. Svo, half green crushed levant morocco, gilt tops. Lond. 1875 ✓193. CritiEdwin Forrest, the Actor and the Man. cal and Reminiscent. By Gabriel Harrison. Character portraits. Royal Svo, paper, uncut. Large Paper copy. Only 200 copies privately printed. Brooklyn, 1889
194. DRAMATIC SCENES [Barry Cornwall], illust., 1857; In Black and White, and The Phantom 'Rickshaw [Kipling], First English edns., paper; and others (some imp. and in poor state). 20 vols. (As a lot.)
195. DRAWING. I. C. S. Reference Library. Geometrical Drawing, Mechanical Drawing, Sketching, etc., etc. Fully illust. 8vo, half morocco. Scranton, Pa.  196. DRED [Mrs. H. B. Stowe], FIRST EDN., 2 vols. crown 8vo; The Minister's Wooing [Mrs. H. B. Stowe], FIRST EDN.; and 3 others. Together 6 vols. Crown Svo, cloth.
✓197. DU MAURIER (GEORGE). The Martian: a Novel.✓
198. DU PONCEAU (PETER STEPHEN, 1760-1844— v Jurist and Philologist). A. L. S., 1 p. 4to, dated from Philadelphia, 14 May, 1830.
ARLY PRINTING. Some Early Printers and their Colophons. By Jos. Spencer Kennard. Decorated woodcut front. and title in black and red, initials, etc. Post 8vo, boards, uncut. Phil. 1902
No. 160 of 450 copies issued.
200. EARLY WEST. Travels through the Western Country in the Summer of 1816, including Notices of Natural History, Topography, Antiquities, etc., etc. By David Thomas. 12mo, sheep (map lacking). Auburn (N. Y.), 1819
The author was one of the first to draw attention to the Aboriginal Monuments of Central New York.
201. Journal of an Exploring Tour beyond the Rocky Mountains. . . Manners and Customs of the Natives, By Samuel Parker. Folding map and illusts. Post 8vo, cloth (a few pp. spotted). Ithaca (N. Y.), 1842 ✔ 202. Legends of the West. By Jas. Hall. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1854
203. EGYPTIAN ANTIQUITIES. the Great Pyramid. By Piozzi Smith. 8vo, cloth.
Our Inheritance in
204. EGYPTIAN HUMOUR. He, She, It. Egyptian Court Chronicle, B. C. 1302. Text and humorous illusts. throughout in the ancient manner on thick stained paper in imitation of papyrus. Imp. Svo, bound in sacking with leather tyers. Dusseldorf [188-]
205. ELECTRIC LIGHTING. An Elementary Treatise on Electric Power and Lighting, prepared for the Students of the International Correspondence Schools, Scranton, Pa., illust., 4 vols. 8vo; and the 4to vol. of Mechanical Drawings. Together 5 vols. Half morocco. Fine set. Scranton (Pa.), 1897
206. ELZEVIR GREEK TESTAMENT. Novum Testamentum Græcum. . . Studio et labore STEPHANI CURCELLÆI. Thick 12mo, old calf.
✓ 207. EMBARGO LAWS. Mr. Giles's Speech, delivered in Senate of the United States, on Monday the 24th of November, 1808, on the Resolution of Mr. Hillhouse to repeal the Embargo Laws. 8vo, uncut and unbound. Balt. 1808 ✓ 208. EMBURY (EMMA C.) The Poems First Collected WWW edn. Illuminated coat-of-arms on title. 12mo, cloth.
N. Y. 1869
Amstelædami: Ex Officinâ Elzevirianâ, 1658
The first edition edited by Curcellæus, who was the first to excite a spirit of critical inquiry concerning the New Testament. Both Harwood and Willems consider it a very beautiful and correct edition.
210. EMERSON (R. W.) Essays. With Preface by Thomas Carlyle. FIRST ENGLISH EDN. 12mo, half calf. Lond. 1841
Man Thinking, an Oration by Emerson, London, C. E. Mudie, n. d., bound in.
✓ 211. Essays. Second Series. 12mo, cloth, uncut
Letters and Social Aims. FIRST EDN. 12mo,
216. ENGLISH ECHOES OF GERMAN SONG, transl., illust., 1877; Sterne's Sentimental Journey, illust. by Tony KL Johannot; The Poetical Works of Geo. P. Morris, FIRST
EDN., illust., 1853. 3 vols. 8vo, cloth.
214. ENGINEERING. British Progress in Municipal Engineering. A Series of three Lectures by Wm. II MaxLork well. Royal Svo, boards. Lond. 1904 Vol. 1 of National Engineering and Trade Lectures, edited by Ben H. Morgan.
215. ENGLISH ART IN 1884. Illust. by facsimile sketches by the artists, and 14 full-page photo-engravings (after Frith, PW Stacy-Marks, Linton, and others). Stacy-Marks, Linton, and others). Edited (with descriptive letter-press) by Henry Blackburn. Royal 4to, cloth. N. Y. 1885
217. ENGLISH VIEWS. Picturesque Views of English Cities, from Drawings by G. F. Robson, 1828; Views in Lond. ; Public Edifices of the British Metropolis, 1825. Together 3 vols. Folio and 4to (bindings shabby, and some plates lacking). (Sold with all faults.)