« IndietroContinua »
116. DARLING (CHAS. W.) Memorial to my honored kindred. Portraits, plates of Arms, etc. Imp. 8vo, new Utica, for private distribution, 1888 Concerns the Harlakenden, Haynes, Pierpont, Noyes, Darling, Chauncey, Davis, Dana and Ely families.
117. DAVIES FAMILY. Davies Memoir. A Genealogical and Biographical Monograph on the Family and Descendants of John Davies of Litchfield, Conn. By H. E. Davies. 4to, half morocco, uncut.
Privately printed, 1895
118. DAVIS (JEFFERSON). A. L. S., 1 p. 4to (written on the blank sheet of a letter to him from T. J. Johnston, Jr.), asking Sec'y Walker to retain Johnston. 
119. DEARBORN (GEN. AND SON). A. L. S., 1 p, each 4to, of Gen. H. Dearborn, noted Revolutionary and War of 1812 Officer, and his son, H. A. S. Dearborn, Author. 2 pieces.)
120. DE CAMP FAMILY. De Camp Genealogy. Laurent De Camp, of New Utrecht, N. Y. 1664, and his Descendants. Compiled by Geo. Austin Morrison. Small folio, cloth.
121. DIX (GEN. JOHN A.) A. L. S., 1 p. 4to, 1848, to the Secty. of the Navy, regarding the appointment of a midshipman from N. Y.
122. DRAPER FAMILY. The Drapers in America: a History and Genealogy of those of that Name and Connection. By T. W. M. Draper. Full-page portraits. Square royal 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1892
123. DRAYTON (COL. WM.-Early Politician). Short A.L.S., 1 p. 4to, to Matthew Carey.
124. DUANE (JAS., Member of Continental Congress and First Mayor of N. Y.). L. S., 1 p. folio, New York, May 9, 1768, to Sir Wm. Johnson. "As the charge of the Crown business has developed upon me... you will be pleased to write to me on this subject, etc."
125. DUDLEY FAMILY. History of, with Genealogical Tables, Pedigrees, etc. By Dean Dudley. By Dean Dudley. Illusts. Complete, with Appendix. In 2 vols. Royal 8vo, buckram. Wakefield (Mass.) 1886 With 3 A. L. S. in reference to the work laid in.
126. DUTCH AMERICANA. Bibliographical and Historical Essay on the Dutch Books and Pamphlets relating to New Netherlands, as also on the Maps, Charts, etc., of New Netherlands, by Dr. G. M. Asher. Facsimile of map of New Netherlands and 3 early views of New York. Small 4to, cloth, uncut. Amsterdam, 1854-67
127. EARLY AMERICAN COINS. Early Spanish and Portuguese Coinage in America. By J. C. Brevoort. Illusts. Small 4to, cloth. Bost. Privately printed, 1885
128. EARLY VOYAGES. The Voyages of the Cabots. Latest phases of the Controversy. By Sam'l E. Dawson (from Roy. Soc. of Canada Transactions). Maps and illusts. Royal Svo, cloth. Lond. 1897
129. ERIE CANAL. A Geological and Agricultural Survey of the District adjoining the Erie Canal in the State of New York. Under the direction of Stephen van Rensselaer. Part I., containing a description of the Rock Formation, etc. With the large folding fronts. and colored folding plate (torn) at end. Svo, unbound. "C. van Rensselaer to his friend James Darrack" on title. Albany, 1824
130. EVERETT (EDWARD). An Address delivered at Lexington. Fronts. 8vo, paper, 35 pp. Worcester, 1875
131. FEATHERSTONHAUGH (G. W.-Noted Geologist, appointed to settle the N. Boundary of the U. S.). A. L. S. 1 p. 4to. [1826.]
132. FIELDS (JAMES T.) Anniversary Poem, delivered before the Mercantile Library Association of Boston, Sept. 13, 1838. 8vo, paper (no covers). Bost. 1838
The first publication by the author. Scarce.
133. FISHERIES, GAME AND FOREST COMMISSION, N.Y. Fourth Annual Report for 1898. Finely colored plates of birds, fishes, etc. 4to, cloth. Albany, 1899
Fifth Annual Report for 1899. Numerous finely colored plates of birds, fishes, etc. 4to, cloth.
Albany, 1900 Colored plates
Sixth Annual Report for 1901. of birds, fishes, etc. 4to, cloth (cover very slightly inkspotted). Albany, 1901
136. FLORIDA. An Account of the Fresh-Water ShellHeaps of the St. John's River, East Florida. By J. Wyman. Illust. 8vo, paper, pp. 27 (lacks back cover).
137. FOLK-LORE. Louisiana Folk-Tales in French Dialect and English Translation. Collected and edited by A. Fortier. 8vo, cloth.
Bost. American Folk-Lore Socy., II., 1895
138. FREMONT (GEN. J. C.) A. L. S. 1 p. 8vo. Sending his autograph.
139. GAINES (EDMUND P.-Soldier and Archbishop). L. S. 4 pp. 4to. New Orleans, 1841. Long and interesting letter regarding our coast defences, mentions Fulton's discovery, and that of Oliver Evans; says that New York "if ever battered down " would 66 never rise again," or might rise "at or near West Point or Albany."
140. GALLATIN (ALBERT-Treas Secty. under Jefferson). L. S., and franked, 1 p. 4to, 1808, on Treasury busi
141. GARRISON (WILLIAM LLOYD). The Story of his Life. Illust. 2 vols. (Vols. 1 and 2 only), 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1885 142. GENEALOGY. The Order of the Founders and Part Patriots of America: Register (containing Genealogical material), 1902. Illust. 8vo, cloth.
143. Empire State Society S. A. R. Register, 1899; Year Book of Societies of Des. of the Rev., 1890; Register of the Penna. Sety. Sons of the Rev., 1893; and others, all containing Genealogical material. Some illust. 5 vols. 8vo, cloth. N. Y., etc., v. d.
144. GEOLOGY. United States Geological Survey, J. W. Powell, Director. 2d, 3d. 4th, 5th, 6th, and 10th Annual Reports. With a large number of fine plates, some colored. 6 vols. thick royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1882, etc.
145. GRANT (U. S.) Personal Memoirs of. Maps, views, facsimiles, portraits, etc. 2 vols. royal 8vo, half morocco, entirely uncut. N. Y. 1885-86
146. GREELEY (HORACE).
A. L. S., 1 p. 8vo, 1864, to F. W. Ballard, in regard to a mining proposition. "Let us keep all money for the needs of the Government for a little while and then we can safely invest in Gold-Mines. With envelope. (As 1 piece.)
147. GRIFFING. The Original Manuscript Diary of Augustus Griffing, from Nov., 1800, to the end of 1839. Written on about 400 pages, small 4to, old half calf. 1800-39 The Diarist appears to have been a schoolmaster in various parts of the State of New York. There are many references to families, and some interesting events recorded, as the arrival of the first steamboat at Orient (formerly Oysterponds).
148. HALE (EDWARD E., SR. AND JR.) Franklin in France. From Original Documents, most of which are now published for the first time. FIRST EDN. Illust. 8vo, half sheep (rubbed). Bost. 1887
149. HALLECK (FITZ-GREENE). A. N. S., 1 p. 12mo, 1855, sending his autograph.
150. HANCOCK (GEN. W. S.) A. L. S., 2 pp. 8vo, 1877, to President Hayes' private secty., concerning "the military and other services of Gen. Irwin "; L. S., 1 p. 8vo, 1880. (2 pieces.)
151. HAWAIIAN ISLANDS (THE), their Progress and Condition under Missionary Labors. By Rufus Anderson. Illust. Post 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1864
152. HAWES FAMILY. Address, by Gilbert Ray Hawes (on) Edward Hawes, the Emigrant, and some of his Descendants. 8vo, paper, pp. 28. Auto. pres. copy from the Author. Several marginal corrections. [N. Y. 1895]
153. HISTORIANS. A. L. S. of Justin Winsor; George Grote; Ed Freeman; Ben Perley Poore; Benson J. Lossing; Henry C. Murphy (2); and E. S. O'Callaghan. (8)
154. HISTORICAL MAGAZINE, and Notes and Queries concerning the Antiquities, History and Biography of America. Complete set, from the commencement of the first series to the last part published of the third series. Together 23 vols in 18. Small 4to, FINE SET, in half brown morocco gilt, gilt top edges, otherwise uncut, wrappers and advertisements preserved. Bost. 1857-75
A voluminous and well-ordered array of historical data, consisting mainly of Original Papers, Biographical and Obituary Notices, Reports of Proceedings of various Learned Societies, Notes and Queries, Reprints of Rare Tracts, etc, The incompleted Vol. 3 of third series has no title, as usual.
155. HODGES FAMILY. Genealogical Record of the Hodges Family of New England, ending Dec. 31, 1894. By Almon D. Hodges. Royal 8vo, cloth. Only 300 copies privately printed for the family. Auto. note from the author laid in. Bost. 1896
156. HOFFMAN (CHAS. FENNO). A. L. S., 1 p. 4to, n d., to Abrm. Hart, on literary matters.
157. HONE (PHILIP-Mayor N. Y. City). A. L. S., 1 p. 4to, N. Y. 1827, to the Mayor of Phila., sending a copy of the book celebrating the completion of the New York Canals.
158. HOOKER ("FIGHTING JOE") A. L. S., 1 p. 8vo, Lookout Valley, Tenn., 1863, to Thompson. With engraved portrait. (As 1 piece.)
159. HOWELLS (W. D.-Novelist). A. L. S., 2 pp. 8vo, Boston, 1886, to Mr. Clapp, of N. Y., regarding a trip to New York.
160. HUDSON RIVER. Disturnell's Hudson River Guide. Large sheet, containing colored map, and engravings of steamboats and railroad trains. N. Y. 
Original Steel Plate containing Map of the Hudson River, in two sections, each section surmounted by a representation of a river steamer. 12mo (little rusted). [Circa 1865]
162. HUGHES AND ALLIED FAMILIES (Tuttle, Dennison, Cody, Bowen, Jones and Brackett Families). 12mo, cloth. n. p., n. d.
Not in Whitmore.
163. HULL (COM. ISAAC-Commander of "Old Ironsides "). A. L. S., 2 pp. 4to, 1813, on personal matters.
164. ILLINOIS AND LOUISIANA under the French Rule. With a General View of the French Dominion in North America. With some Account of the English Occupation of Illinois. By Joseph Wallace. 8vo, cloth.
165. INDEX to Volumes One, Two, and Three of Translations of Dutch Manuscripts in the Office of the Secretary of State of the State of New York. By E. B. O'Callaghan. 8vo, cloth. Albany, 1870 Invaluable in reference to the old Dutch families of the
AN INTERESTING COLLECTION OF BOOKS RELATING TO THE INDIANS OF NORTH AMERICA.
166. INDIANS. Account of the History, Manners, and Customs of the Indian Natives who once inhabited Pennsylvania and the neighboring States. By Rev. John Heckewelder. With Correspondence on the Indian Languages, and Words, Phrases, and Short Dialogues in the Language of the Lenni Lenape. 8vo, original boards, uncut (back split). Phil. 1819
Forms the first volume of Transactions of the Historical and Literary Committee of the American Philosophical Society. 167. American Antiquities and Researches into the Origin and History of the Red Race. By Alex. W. Bradford. 8vo, cloth. Scarce. N. Y. 1841
Lewis and Clark's Journey to the Rocky Mountains, as related by Patrick Cass. Illust. 12mo, old sheep. Dayton (0.), 1847
169. History of the Indian Races of North and South America. By C. De W. Brownell. Colored illusts. 8vo, sheep (back missing). Bost. 1853