« IndietroContinua »
232. KIP. Post (J. J.) Abstract of title to Kip's Bay Farm in the City of New York; also the Early History of the Kip Family and the Genealogy as refers to the title. Maps, etc. Thick royal 8vo, sheep. N. Y. 1894
Another copy of the same, sheep.
N. Y. 1894
234. KNOW-NOTHINGISM IN RHODE ISLAND [Stickney], 1894; Reminiscences of Morris, and History of the Congregational Church [Turner], Chicago, 1865; Ohio Quarterly (Archæological and Historical), June, 1888; Kip Genealogy, N. Y. 1894; and other miscellaneous pamphlets. Paper. (75 pieces, as a lot.)
235. KUNZ (GEORGE F.) The Fresh-Water Pearls and Pearl Fisheries of the United States. Finely illust. Royal 8vo, paper, pp. 50. Auto. pres. copy from the author.
236. LAMAR (LUCIUS Q. C.) His Life, Times, and Speeches, 1825-1893. By Edward Mayes. Illust. Thick royal 8vo, cloth. Nashville, Tenn., 1896
237. LA VALLETTE (ELIE A. F.-Rear-Admiral, prominent in 1812). A. L. S. 1 p. 4to. Washington, 1833. To the Secty. of the Navy in the interest of Commodore McDonough's children.
238. LAWRENCE-TOWNLEY and Chas.-Townley Estates in England. History of, with copious Historical and Genealogical Notes. By Jas. Usher. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1883 Presentation copy from author.
239. LEE FAMILY of Virginia and Maryland. Genealogical History of, 1300-1866. With Notes. Portraits and illusts. Square 8vo, cloth (covers somewhat discolored). N. Y. 1871
240. LEFFERTS FAMILY. Genealogy of the Lefferts Family, 1650-1878. By Thomas G. Bergen. Coats-of-arms. 8vo, cloth. Albany, 1878
241. LINCOLN ADMINISTRATION. A. L. S. of Frank P. Blair; Gideon Welles; Gen. Meigs; Preston King; S. S. Randall (signature); Adm. Paulding; Gen. Poe; Gen. Doubleday (fired the first gun at Sumter); and Gen. H. L. Abbot. 4 pp. (9)
242. LIVINGSTON (BROCKHOLST-prominent in the Revolution and in N. Y. history). A. L. S., 1 p. 4to, 1806, to Wm. Livington, on personal matters. Fine example (two blots).
243. LIVINGSTON (EDW.-Mayor of N. Y.). Note, signed, with engraved portrait. (As 1 piece.)
244. LIVINGSTONE (MRS. EDWARD). hitherto unpublished Letters. By L. L. Hunt. (name on title).
Memoir, with 12mo, cloth
N. Y. 1886
245. LONG ISLAND.
Records of the Town of Smithtown, with other Ancient Documents of historic value. Translated from the originals, with Notes and Introduction by Wm. S. Pelletreau. Portraits, plates of views, facsimiles, etc. Svo, cloth. [Smithtown], 1898
246. LOOMIS (SUBMIT C.-" Golden Rod"). and Prose. Royal 8vo, cloth, uncut.
N. Y. 1893
247. LUTHERANS IN AMERICA (THE). A Story of Struggle, Progress, Influence, and Marvellous Growth. By E. J. Wolf. Numerous illusts. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1890
248. MCBURNEY (ROBERT R.) Life. By L. L. Doggett. Illust. Post 8vo, cloth. Cleveland, O., 1902
249. MCINTOSH (GEN. JOHN-prominent in the Revolution). A. L. S. 3 pp. folio. 1821. To Gov. D. B. Mitchell of Georgia, regarding some misunderstanding regarding the recent treaty with the Creek Indians.
250. MACY FAMILY. Genealogy of the Macy Family, from 1635-1868. Compiled by Silvanus J. Macy. Portraits and numerous facsimiles. Thick small 4to, cloth.
251. MAGAZINES. The American Review: a Whig Journal. Vols. 1 to 6, inclusive. Portraits. 6 vols. 8vo, half sheep. N. Y. 1845-47
Contains "The Raven" and other original contributions by E. A. Poe; also Lowell, Whitman, and others.
from the author.
252. MAINE. An Account of some of the Kjoekkenmoeddings, or Shell-Heaps in Maine and Massachusetts. By J. Wyman. Illust. Svo, paper. Auto. pres. copy Salem, 1867 History of Brunswick, Topsham and Harpswell and the Ancient Territory of Pejepscot. By G. A. and H. W. Wheeler. Map and portraits. Svo, cloth. Bost. 1878 Saco Valley Settlements and Families. Historical, Biographical, Genealogical, Traditional and Legendary. By G. T. Ridlon, Sr. Numerous portraits, views, etc. Thick royal 8vo, cloth. Portland, Me., 1895
With two A. L's. S. from author inserted.
255. MAP. National Political Map of the United States. A large sheet containing Portraits of the Political Leaders, colored Map, and text of the different "Platforms." (Split where folded.) N. Y. 1856
256. MAPS. Miscellaneous. Real Estate, etc., mostly about N. Y. City. (30 pieces.)
257. MARYLAND. Bozman (John L.) History of Maryland from its First Settlement in 1633 to the Restoration in 1660. With copious Introduction, Notes and Illustrations. 2 in one vol. 8vo, half roan, ENTIRELY UNCUT. Balt. 1837 Second and Best Edition, enlarged.
258. Portion of D. S. covering the Survey of Carroll's Mines and Richard Caton's Patent, April 20, 1839, signed by Chancellor Theodoric Bland, Wm. Grason and others. With seal.
The Chronicles of Baltimore: a complete History of Baltimore Town and City from the Earliest Period. By Col. J. T. Scharf. 8vo, sheep. Balt. 1874
260. MASSACHUSETTS. Abel Bowen. By W. H. Whitmore. Many views of Boston buildings and portraits, etc. Royal 8vo, original wrappers. Boston. (Collections of the Bostonian Socy., I., 2), 1887.
Mass., 1845. cloth.
Annals of the Town of Falmouth. (Extracted from Hist. of Barnstable Co.) Royal 8vo, unbound, pp. 417-488 (no title).
263. A Sketch of the History of Newbury, Newburyport, and West Newbury from 1635 to 1845. By Joshua Coffin. Portraits and facsimiles. 8vo, cloth. Laid in is a sketch of the author, excerpt from the N. E. Hist. and Gen. Register. Bost. 1845
Acts and Resolves passed by the Gen'l Court of
264. Annals of Chicopee Street, Springfield. Records and Reminiscences of an Old New England Parish for 200 Years. By C. S. Palmer. Illusts. Post 8vo, cloth.
265. - A Topographical and Historical Description of Boston. By Nath. B. Shurtleff. THIRD EDN. Full-page plates and maps. Imp. 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1891 266. Catalogue of the Scholars and Teachers of the English High School, Boston, 1821-1890. Portraits and views of schoolhouses. 8vo, cloth (library stamp and number on title). Bost. 1890 267. Celebration of the 250th Anniversary of the Settlement of Newbury, June, 1885. Imp. 8vo, cloth.
Newburyport, 1885 268. Civil List for the Colonial and Provincial Periods, 1630-1774. Names and dates of Appointment of all the Civil Officers. By W. H. Whitmore. Royal 8vo, cloth. Albany, 1870
269. Copy of the Records of Births, Marriages and Deaths and of Intentions of Marriage of the Town of Hanover, Mass., 1727-1857. 8vo, cloth.
Compiled from the Records by a committee appointed by the Town.
Covenant, Articles of Faith, etc., of the First Church in Newbury, with Catalogue of its Members, May, Crown 8vo, wrappers. Newburyport, 1859
Currier (John J.) "Ould Newbury": Historical and Biographical Sketches. Many illusts. 8vo,
Two autograph letters of the author inserted.
272. Early Massachusetts Marriages prior to 1800, as found in the Official Records of Worcester County. Edited by F. W. Bailey. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth.
New Haven, 1897-1900 Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers of Watertown, including Waltham and Weston. With the Early History of the Town By Henry Bond. Portraits, maps and illusts. 2 vols. in one. Thick 8vo, cloth.
Historical Collections of the Topsfield Historical Society. Vols. 1, 3 and 4. Portraits and other illusts. 3 vols. 8vo, wrappers. Topsfield, 1895-98 Historical Sketch of Salem, 1626-1879. By Chas. S. Osgood and H. M. Batchelder. Square 8vo, half sheep. (The issue without the illustrations, they having been destroyed in a fire.) Salem, 1879
276. The Revised Statutes of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, passed Nov. 4, 1835, to which are subjoined Acts in Amendment and Repeal thereof. By Theron Metcalf and Horace Mann. Thick royal 8vo, sheep (rubbed). Bost. 1836
277. History of Newbury, Mass., 1635-1902. By John J. Currier. Maps and illusts. Thick 8vo, cloth. A. L. S. from the author laid in, with mention of the book. Bost. 1902
Another copy of the same in the original sheets,
History of Leominster; or, The Northern Half of the Lancaster New or Additional Grant, 1701-1852. By David Wilder. Post 8vo, cloth. Fitchburg, 1853 Scarce presentation copy from the author to Hon. Marshall P. Wilder, with autograph inscription.
280. History of North Brookfield; preceded by an Account of Old Quabaug, Indian and English Occupation, 1647-1676; Brookfield Records, 1686-1783. By J. H. Temple. With a Genealogical Register. Portraits and illusts. Thick 8vo, cloth. N. Brookfield, 1887
History of the Origin of the Town of Clinton,
Clinton, 1896 282. History of the Town of Lexington, Middlesex Co., from its First Settlement to 1868; with a Genealogical Register of Lexington Families. By Charles Hudson. Portraits and illusts. Thick 8vo, cloth, gilt top, uncut.
Bost. 1868 283. History of the Town of Medford, Middlesex Co., from its First Settlement in 1630-1855. By Charles Brooks. Revised, enlarged, and brought down to 1885, by James M. Usher. Fully illust. Thick 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1886
284. History of the Town of Townsend, Middlesex Co., from the Grant of Hathorn's Farm, 1676-1878. By I. B. Sawtelle. Numerous portraits. 8vo, cloth.
285. Inscriptions from Gravestones in the Old North Cemetery, Truro, Mass., 1713-1840. By J. B Dyer. 8vo, half russia (oval library stamp on title). Provincetown, 1897 286.- List, stating the Amount of Real and Personal Estate on which the Inhabitants of the Town of Boston have been valued, doomed, assessed, and taxed for the year 1821. Royal 8vo, unbound and uncut. (Ends at p. 152 with the name of Augustus Reed, the remainder lacking). Bost. 1822 Report of the Commissioner on all Titles to Land and Boundary Lines at Gay Head, on the Island of Martha's Vineyard. 8vo, wrappers. Bost. 1871
288. Report of the Proceedings on the occasion of the Reception of the Sons of Newburyport resident Abroad, July 4th, 1854. By Joseph H. Bragdon. 8vo, paper, pp. 116. Newburyport, 1854 289. Mollusca, Report on the Invertebrata of Mass. Crustacea, Annelida, and Rodiata. Plates. Royal 8vo, cloth. Cambridge (State Pub.), 1841
290. Reports on the Fishes, Reptiles, and Birds of Massachusetts. Plates. 8vo, original wrappers, uncut (spotted). Bost. 1839
Published by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State.