« IndietroContinua »
212. MEYNELL (ALICE). The Rhythm of Life, and
213. MILNES (RICHARD M.-Lord Houghton). Poeti- ✔
214. MILTON'S Poetical Works; Casquet of Gems; A
ment, and Defence of Fundamental Truth [McCosh]; The
Small 4to, cloth, uncut.
Bookplate of R. Le Gallienne.
218. MRS. PIPER AND THE SOCIETY FOR PHYSI-
219. NATURAL HISTORY OF NEW YORK,
prising Zoology, 5 vols.; Botany, 2 vols.;
220. NAUNTON'S Fragmenta Regalia: the Court of
Bound with Naunton's Memoirs, with some of his posthumous
221. NESTS AND EGGS OF FAMILIAR BIRDS
223. NEW ENGLAND FREEMASONS. The Advantages✓
ARTHUR BROWNE. 8vo, calf gilt, gilt top edges, ENTIRELY
224. NEW ENGLAND IMPRINT. Browne (Arthur). The Doctrine of Election fairly stated in a Sermon preached at Portsmouth, in New Hampshire. 8vo, calf gilt, gilt top edges, entirely uncut. Portsmouth: Daniel Fowle, 1757
Presentation copy from the author to Captain Joseph Mead, with inscription on title. The author was an Episcopal clergyman of Portsmouth, and the father of Marmaduke Browne, Rector of Trinity Church, Newport, R. I.
A Sermon preached
225. NEW ENGLAND MISSIONS. before the Incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts, at their Anniversary Meeting, Feb. 20, 1735. By John Lynch. 8vo, calf gilt, gilt top edges, entirely uncut. FINE COPY. Lond. 1736
The "Proceedings" include reports from missionaries at North Groton, Stratford, New-Town, Reading, Scituate, New London, Windham, Newport, Boston, Portsmouth, Long Island, Staten Island, etc.
226. NEW YORK CITY. The Mysteries and Miseries of the Great Metropolis. By "A. P." Illusts. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1874
New Amsterdam and its People. By J. H.
229. New York by Sunlight and Gaslight: a work descriptive of the Great American Metropolis. By Jas. D. McCabe. Numerous illusts. Thick 8vo, cloth. Phil. [recent]
230. NEW YORK STATE. Documentary History of the State of New-York: arranged under the direction of the Hon. Christopher Morgan. By Dr. E. B. O'Callaghan. Folding maps and other illusts. 4 vols. 8vo, original cloth (backs of 2 vols. damaged). Albany, 1849-51
231. NORRIS (FRANK). The Pit, FIRST EDN.; The Responsibilities of the Novelist, front. portrait; A Deal in Wheat, illust. 3 vols. post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1903
232. NORWAY. The Naturalist in; or, Notes on the Wild Animals, Birds, Fishes and Plants of that Country. By Rev. J. Bowden. Full-page colored plates. Post 8vo, cloth, uncut. Lond. 1869
233. OBELISKS. Egyptian Obelisks. By Henry H.
Gorringe. Richly illust. with over 100 illusts., 51 of which are full-page. Folio, original cloth. N. Y. 1882 Fine copy of the Large Paper edition. With accounts of the ancient methods of quarrying, transporting and erecting, etc. 234 ODD VOLUMES. Dictionary of National Biography, Vol. 31 [Kenlam]; Beecher's Life of Christ, Vol. 1, N. Y. 1871 (large and small paper copies, cloth and full sheep); The Henry Irving Shakespeare, Vol. 8, cloth; and others. vols.
235. O'KEEFE (JOHN---Eminent Actor). Recollections of his Life. By Himself. Steel portrait 2 vols. 8vo, polished tree calf (slightly rubbed).
236. OLD ENGLISH DRAMA. [Mayne (Jasper).] The Amorous Warre: a Tragi-Comedy. 12mo (cut close and interleaved in 4to vol.), half calf (broken).
237. OLD ENGLISH DRAMATISTS. Rowe (Nicholas). Plays. With numerous full-page copper-plates. 2 vols. 12mo, old calf. Lond. For J. and R. Tonson, 1736 238. OLD FRIENDS [Andrew Lang], Lond. 1892 (bookplate of R. Le Gallienne, badly pencil-marked in places); Ballads of Books, edited by Brander Matthews, N. Y. 1900; Hawthorn and Lavender, by W. E Henley (bookplate of Elwyn B. Gould), N. Y. 1901. 3 vols. cloth.
239. OLD FURNITURE BOOK (THE), with a Sketch of Past Days and Ways. By N. H. Moore. 112 illusts. 8vo, cloth, gilt. N. Y.  240. ORNAMENTAL ART. Principles of By F. Edward ✓ Hulme, F.L.S. Over 400 illusts. 4to, cloth, gilt (loose in covers). Lond., n. d.
Gatty. With Notes on the Natural History.
✔ 242. PARABLES OF THE NEW TESTAMENT PRAC-
✔243. PARIS. Le Diable à Paris; Paris et les Parisiens;
De Musset, etc. Numerous full-page illusts. and vignettes by Gavarni. 2 vols. imp. 8vo, half morocco. Paris, 1845 244. PARKER (GILBERT). A Lover's Diary (with bookplate of R. Le Gallienne); When Valmond came to Pontiac. Chicago, 1894-95
2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
245. PASQUIER. A History of My Time, Memoirs of Chancellor Pasquier, edited by the Duc d'AudiffretPasquier, transl. by Chas. E. Roche, 1789-1815, 3 vols., portraits, crown 8vo, original cloth, N. Y. 1893; also 2 copies of Vol. 1, and 1 copy of Vol. 2. 6 vols.
246. PATTERSON (CHARLES B.) The Measure of a Man. Post 8vo, cloth. (5 copies.) N. Y. 1904
247. PAYNE (JOHN HOWARD).
Clari; or, The Maid✓
of Milan: an Opera. Front. after R. CRUIKSHANK. 12mo,
✓ 248. PEPYS (SAMUEL). Diary and Correspondence.
249. PERFUMES. The Book of Perfumes. (History,
251. "PHIZ." Sir Guy de Guy: a Stirring Romaunt. By Rattlebrain. FIRST EDN. Numerous comic vignettes by "Phiz." Square post 8vo, cloth, gilt edges. Lond. 1864
252. PICTORIAL HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION, illust., Bost. 1889; History of the U. S. [Schouler], 2 vols., Wash. 1880; New Zealand [Reeves], Lond.; and others. 8 vols.
✓ 253. PICTURESQUE AMERICA; or, The Land We
✔255. PLATONISTS. The Hymns of Orpheus, transl.
256. PLUMMER (MARY W.) Verses. FIRST EDN. With book-label of R. Le Gallienne. 12mo, boards, uncut. Limited to 300 copies. Cleveland, 1896
257. POOLE (JOSHUA). The English Parnassus; or, A Help to English Poesie. Containing a Collection of all the Choicest Rhythming Monosyllables, Epithets and Phrases, etc. FIRST EDN. With bookplate of R. Le Gallienne. Small 8vo, original calf (rebacked, lacks front., a reproduction of which is inserted). Lond. 1677
Contains selections from all the most eminent books by the Elizabethan poets and dramatists-Jonson, Heywood, Shakespeare, Quarles, Chapman, Carew, Spenser, and many others. Scarce.
258. POTTERY. A Guide to Pottery, Porcelain, etc. By Hy. G. Bohn. Numerous plates, some finely colored, and marks and monograms. Post 8vo, original cloth.
The Soft Porcelaine of Sèvres.
Superbly illustrated with 50 large full-page colored plates representing 250 subjects, after the originals in the most celebrated private and public collections. The plates are delicate and exquisite in the extreme.
✓ 260. PRINTING. The Literature of Printing. A Catalogue of the Library illustrative of the History and the Art of Typography, Chalcography, and Lithography of Richard M. Hoe. Front. 12mo, cloth. Lond.: Privately printed, 1877 Printers' Marks. A Chapter in the History of Typography. By W. Roberts. Over 200 reproductions. Square post Svo, cloth, gilt, uncut. Lond. Bell, 1893
With author's A. L. S. inserted.
262. PROSE FICTION, A Study of. By Bliss Perry. Post 8vo, cloth.
Cartoons of, engraved by G. Greatback from the originals at Hampton Court Palace. 7 steel plates (margins of few plates slightly stained). Loose in cloth portfolio. Folio. Lond. and N. Y., n. d.
J 264. REPRESENTATIVE ACTORS [Clark Russell], Lond. ; Mr. and Mrs. Bancroft, on and off the Stage, Lond. 1889; English Songs [Barry Cornwall], Bost. 1844; An Actor Abroad [Leathes], Lond. 1880; and others. 6 vols. 265. RIDPATH LIBRARY OF UNIVERSAL LITERATURE. Edited by Dr. J. C. Ridpath. Portraits and other nor illusts. ROYAL EDITION DE LUXE. 25 vols. 8vo, half roan, gilt top edges.
266. RILEY (JAMES WHITCOMB).
N. Y. 1900
His Pa's Romance.
FIRST EDN. Illust.