« IndietroContinua »
55. CHANCELLOR (E. BERESFORD). The XVIIIth Century in London. An Account of its Social Life and Arts. Colored frontispiece and numerous full-page plates. 4to, cloth, uncut. London, 
56. CHATTO (WILLIAM A.). Facts and Speculations on the Origin and History of Playing Cards. Numerous reproductions, some in color. 8vo, half morocco, gilt top, uncut. London, 1848
57. CHILDREN'S BOOKS. An Unusual Collection of Early Children's Books, with hundreds of quaint woodcut illustrations by Bewick and others, all neatly mounted in a 4to scrap book, half roan.
58. COLORED PLATES. Picturesque Representations of the Dress and Manners of the Russians. Illustrated with 64 brightly colored plates of Costumes. Royal 8vo, contemporary calf, rubbed, gilt and blind tooling. London, 1814
Nice copy of this interesting work, with the plates in clean condition.
59. A Picturesque Tour along the Rivers Ganges and Jumna in India. By Lieut. Col. Forrest. Map and 24 beautifully colored plates. 4to, contemporary half calf (hinges weak). London, 1824 FIRST EDITION. Fine copy inside, with the plates in splendid condition. SCARCE.
60. CONRAD (JOSEPH). The Shadow-Line. A Confession. 12mo, cloth, lower edges untrimmed. London, 
Notes on Life and Letters. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
Notes on My Books. 8vo, vellum, uncut.
Garden City, 1921
FIRST EDITION. ONE OF 250 COPIES AUTOGRAPHED BY THE AUTHOR.
63. CORINTH (LOUIS). Das Buch Judith. lithographieen in color, autographed by the artist. black calf, uncut.
The second book of the Pan Press. One of 60 copies, signed by the artist.
Mit originalLarge 4to, full Berlin, 1910
64. DACIER (EMILE). Alexandre Lunois. Full-page and text reproductions of his work. Small folio, cloth, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Paris, n. d.
One of 200 copies.
65. DAVENPORT (JOHN). Aphrodisiacs and Anti-aphrodisiacs. Three Essays on the Powers of Reproduction, with some account of the Judicial "Congress" as practiced in France during the Seventeenth Century. Illustrated with 8 plates containing 23 figures. 4to, half morocco, gilt top, uncut.
London: Privately printed, 1869
66. DEFOE (DANIEL). The Life and Adventures of Robinson Crusoe. With Biographical Memoir and Illustrative Notes. Etchings by M. Mouilleron and portrait by L. Flameng. 2 vols., 8vo, half maroon morocco, gilt tops, uncut, by Zaehnsdorf. London: Nimmo, 1882 One of 150 copies, with the etchings in proof state on Whatman paper. 67. The Life and Surprising Adventures of Robinson Crusoe. Illustrated from the designs of Stothard. 2 vols., 8vo, boards, cloth backs, uncut. Boston, 1908
68. DELTEIL (LOYS). Edgar Degas. Numerous reproductions of his work. 4to, cloth, gilt top, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Paris, 1919
69. DOBSON (AUSTIN). Thomas Bewick and his Pupils. 95 illustrations. Small 4to, cloth, gilt top. London, 1884
70. DREISER (THEODORE). Jennie Gerhardt. Frontispiece. 12mo, cloth. New York, 1911
FIRST EDITION. With an A. L. 8., 14 pp. 4to, of the author, inserted.
71. DULAC ILLUSTRATIONS. The Dreamer of Dreams. By the Queen of Roumania. Beautifully illustrated in color by Edmund Dulac. 4to, cloth. London, n. d.
Sindbad the Sailor and other Stories from The Arabian Nights. With the superb series of illustrations in color by Edmund Dulac. Pages within decorative borders. 4to, decorative cloth, uncut. London, n. d.
73. DURER (ALBRECHT). Zeichnungen Albrecht Durers in der Albertina zu Wien. In Nachbildungen unter mitwirkung von Josef Edler von Schonbrunner, herausgegeben und redigirt von Dr. Joseph Meder. Abtheilung XLIX. Illustrated with nearly 150 very fine full-page reproductions, some in tints and colors. Folio, pictured blue chintz in black and gold, gilt edges. Berlin, 1905
One of 300 copies.
74. EARLY ENGRAVING. Hundert Hauptblatter der Graphischen Kunst des XV bis XVIII. Jahrhunderts. With descriptive text on verso of each plate. Folio, loose in protecting boards, with ties. Berlin, n. d.
75. ENGRAVING. The Golden Art of Engraving and Early History of Bible Illustration. From Harper's Magazine, 1878, and other articles on the same subject, inlaid, and EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of 100 portraits of painters, engravers, specimens of engraving, etc. 4to, cloth. With specially printed title.
76. ETCHINGS, ETC. Representative Art of Our Time. Original Etchings, Lithographs, and reproductions of Oil and
Water-Color Paintings, Pastels, etc. 8 parts, folio, uncut, in original wrappers. London: The Studio, 1903
The beautiful illustrations in this work include an Original Etching by Edgar Chahine, "St. Germain L'Auxerrois''; Original Etching by Lepère, "L'Abreuvoir au Pont Marie"; Original Etching by Legros, "A Woodland Study"; Original Mezzotint, The Bather" by Pietschmann; Original Etching by Cameron, "Amboise" and others.
77. The Master Etchers: Etchings of Rembrandt; Etchings of Charles Meryon; Etchings of William Strang; Etchings of Van Dyck; Drawings of A. Von Menzel. Profusely and beautifully illustrated with reproductions of their work. 5 vols., imp. 8vo, cloth back and boards. London: Newnes, n. d.
78. FRANCE (ANATOLE). Thais. Translated from the French. 8vo, shot silk, gilt top, uncut. London: Carrington, 1901 One of 500 copies on Van Gelder hand-made paper.
79. The Well of Santa Clara. 21 spirited etchings by Martin van Maele. Thick small 4to, cloth, gilt top, uncut.
London: Carrington, 1901
80. FRANCE (HECTOR). Musk, Hashish and Blood. 22 etchings by Paul Avril. Thick 12mo, cloth, gilt top, uncut. London: The Walpole Press, 1900
PRINTED FOR SUBSCRIBERS ONLY. Scarce.
81. FRENCH ENGRAVING. Annuaire de la Gravure Francaise, 1911. Reproductions of originals by Lepère, Legros, etc. Small 4to, wrappers, uncut. Paris, 
With a bibliography, prices, etc.
82. FUCHS (FRIEDRICH). Venus. Die Apotheose des Weibes. Der Weibliche schonheits typus in der bildenen kunst. Profusely and beautifully illustrated. 24 parts, folio, original wrappers, uncut. In cloth portfolio. Berlin, 1904-6
83. GAUL (AUGUST). Alte Tier Fabeln. Full-page and vignette illustrations by Gaul. Small 4to, full green morocco, gilt top, uncut. Leipzig, 1919
One of 110 copies on Old Stratford paper, autographed by the artist. The full-page illustrations are also autographed by him.
84. GILKS (THOMAS). A Sketch of the Origin and Progress of the Art of Wood Engraving. Illustrations. Small 4to, cloth, uncut. London, 1868
85. GOETHE. Faust. Illustrated with full-page plates by Josef Weiss. 4to, full vellum, gilt top, uncut. Munchen, n. d.
One of 150 copies.
86. GONCOURT (EDMOND AND JULES DE). Germinie Lacerteux. 10 etchings. 8vo, full polished brown levant morocco, gilt back, gilt panelled sides, doublures and flys of brown moire silk, gilt top, uncut. Philadelphia: Barrie, n. d.
Printed throughout on Japan paper.
87. GOYA (FRANCISCO). Los Proverbios. Coleccion de diez y ocho laminas inventadas y grabadas al fuerte. 18 full-page etchings. Oblong 4to, wrappers. Madrid, 1916
88. GRAY (THOMAS). Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard. Illustrated by the Etching Club. Proofs on India Paper. 4to, full maroon morocco, gilt edges. London, 1847
89. GRILLPARZER (FRANZ). Die Ahnfrau. Numerous full-page and vignette illustrations by Hugo Steiner-Prag. Imp. 8vo, boards, roan back. Leipzig, 1919 One of 160 copies. The full-page illustrations are autographed by the artist.
90. GULLAND (W. G.). Chinese Porcelain. Notes by T. J. Larkin. 485 illustrations. 2 vols., 8vo, cloth, uncut. London, 1918 An important work on the subject, with splendid reproductions.
91. HAMERTON (P. G.). Etching and Etchers. Etchings by Whistler, Haden, Lalanne, Lalauze, and others. Imp. 8vo, cloth, morocco back, uncut. London, 1880
Third Edition. Important for the etchings of Whistler and Haden, which did not appear in the First Edition.
Landscape. Original etchings by Stephen Parrish, Maxine Lalanne, Heywood Hardy, Joseph Pennell and others, together with numerous engravings after Turner, Titian, Van Eyck, etc. Thick folio, gilt decorated vellum, uncut. London, 1885
LARGE PAPER COPY OF THE FIRST EDITION. One of 525 copies.
93. Drawing and Engraving. A Brief Exposition of Technical Principles and Practice. Numerous etchings, engravings and woodcuts. 8vo, buckram, gilt top, uncut. London, 1892
94. HAMILTON (ANTHONY, COUNT). Memoirs of Count Grammont. Edited by Allan Fea. Portraits (some plates missing). 8vo, cloth, uncut. London, 1906
95. HAUSENSTEIN (WILHELM). Der Korper des Menschen in der Geschichte der Kunst. Colored frontispiece and nearly 400 full-page and text illustrations. 4to, boards, cloth back. Munchen, 
96. Die Kunst und die Gesellschaft. Profusely illustrated with full-page and text half tones and photogravures from ancient and modern sources. 4to, boards, cloth back. Munchen, 
The modern illustrators represented are: Louis Corinth, Rops, Renoir, Degas, Burne-Jones, Bonnard, Toulouse-Lautrec, and many others.
97. HEARN (LAFADIO). Chita: A Memory of Last Island. 12mo, cloth. New York, 1889
98. 12mo, cloth.
FIRST EDITION. Fine copy.
99. Glimpses of Unfamiliar Japan. 2 vols., 12mo, cloth, gilt tops, uncut. Boston, 1894
Two Years in the French West Indies. Illustrated.
100. [-]. The Temptation of St. Anthony. bert. Translated by Hearn.. 12mo, cloth.
101. Japanese Fairy Tales. The Goblin Spider; The Boy who Drew Cats; Chin Chin Kobakama; The Old Woman who Lost her Dumpling. Beautifully illustrated in color. 4 vols., small 4to, pictured wrappers, silk backs and binding strings. In slip case. Tokyo, n. d.
CHOICE COPIES OF THE FIRST EDITIONS OF THESE CHARMING BOOKS.
102. HEINE (HEINRICH). Aus den Memoiren des Herrn von Schnabelewopski. Mit zeichnungen von Julius Pascin. Small 4to, limp white kid, gilt top, untrimmed edges. Berlin, 1919
One of 310 copies.
By Gustave Flau-
103. HESSE (HERMANN). Wanderung. Colored illustrations. Small 4to, boards. Berlin, 1920 One of 50 copies.
104. HIRSCHMANN (OTTO). Hendrick Goltzius. Portrait and 49 full-page plates. 4to, cloth. Leipzig, 
105. HOFFMANN (E. T. A.). Der Elementar Geist. Silhouette illustrations. 12mo, gilt decorated boards, calf back, gilt top. Munchen, 1919
One of 300 copies.
106. HOFFMANNSTHAL (HUGO VON). Die Prosaischen Schriften Gesammelt. 3 vols., 12mo, boards, paper labels.
107. HUDSON (W. H.). South American Sketches. 12mo, cloth. London, 1909
Far Away and Long Ago. Portrait. 8vo, cloth.
Evangiles des Dimanches en Fetes. Text in various colors printed within borders of different designs illuminated in gold and colors. 4to, full brown levant morocco, Jansen style, gilt edges, by David. Chalons-sur-Marne, 1844
A HANDSOME VOLUME, formerly in the library of Peter Marie, with his autograph on fly-leaf.