« IndietroContinua »
171. PRINT COLLECTOR'S QUARTERLY (The). Numerous illustrations. From Vol. 1, No. 1 to Vol. 7, No. 4. With Index. 7 vols. in the original parts, except Vol. 2, which is bound in boards. New York and Boston, 1911-1917
A VALUABLE WORK, NOW QUITE SCARCE.
172. RACKHAM ILLUSTRATIONS. Barrie (J. M.). Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens. Numerous beautiful colored plates by Arthur Rackham. 4to, decorated cloth. New York, 1906
Some British Ballads. Beautifully illustrated in color by Arthur Rackham. 4to, vellum boards, gilt top, uncut. London: Constable, n. d.
One of 575 copies, autographed by the artist.
174. RAMIRO (E.). Louis Legrand, Peintre-Graveur. Catalogue de son Euvre Gravé et Lithographié. Full-page etchings and vignettes. Royal 8vo, half wine-color straight-grain morocco, gilt top, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Paris, 1896
One of 200 copies on papier vélin. Laid in, is an etched pictorial invitation card, besides two leaves of an excerpt, with woodcuts, inlaid.
175. RICHEPIN (JEAN). Dernières Chansons de mon Premier Livre. Décorée de vingt-quatre compositions de Steinlen. Small 4to, original limp boards, uncut. Paris, 1910
176. ROCHOWANSKI (L. W.). Der Phantast. Full-page illustrations. 4to, cloth. Zurich, 1918
One of 150 copies.
177. RODIN. Dessins Inedits. Ten Drawings by Rodin, reproduced from Originals in the possession of an American Collector, also a Portrait of the Artist and 3 reproductions in photogravure of Rodin's "Balzac" by E. Steichen. Imp. 8vo, half crushed blue levant morocco, gilt top. New York, n. d.
178. ROGER-MARX (CLAUDE). August Lepère. 18491918. Full-page and text reproductions. Imp. 8vo, cloth, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Paris, 1919
179. ROPS (FELICIEN). L'Euvre Lithographié de Félicien Rops. Par Erastène Ramiro. 7 full-page plates on India paper, besides tail-pieces. Imp. 8vo, cloth, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Paris, 1891
One of 150 copies on papier vélin.
180.  La Plume for June 15, 1896. Numerous illustrations. Imp. 8vo, half crushed blue morocco, gilt top, uncut.
An important number of this periodical, containing an account of Rops and his work, profusely illustrated with reproductions, and a catalogue of his engravings and lithographs, comprising 834 different pieces.
Catalogue des Aquarelles, Dessins, Gravure & Peintures par Felicien Rops. Composant la Collection de M. H. W. Sold at the Hotel Drouot, Feb. 7, 1898. 4 full-page photogravure reproductions. Royal 8vo, cloth, uncut, original wrappers bound Paris, 1898 [Biographical Sketch] By Rudolf Klein. Cinq planches en quatre couleurs et quarante-huit illustrations teintées. 4to, Japan boards, uncut. Paris, n. d.
[Biographical Sketch] By Gustave Kahn. 18 dessins sur papier mat de Grand Luxe, 28 illustrations teintées, 1 gravure et trois planches en quatre couleurs. 4to, Japan boards, uncut.
Paris, n. d.
184. ROTHENSTEIN (WILLIAM). Twenty-four Portraits. With critical appreciations by various hands. 8vo, boards, buckram back, gilt top, uncut. London, 
FIRST EDITION. The portraits include Max Beerbohm, Arnold Bennett, Joseph Conrad, John Galsworthy, John Drinkwater, John Masefield, and others.
185. ROTHANKER (GEBALDUS). Das Leben und die Meinungen des Herrn Magister Gebaldus Rothanker. Portrait and 15 plates by Chodowiecki. 12mo, crushed green levant morocco, gilt back, gilt top, uncut. Weimar, 1916
One of 80 copies on hand-made paper.
186. SALAMAN (MALCOLM C.). The Graphic Arts of Great Britain. Profusely illustrated in color and black and white. 4to, boards, cloth back. London: The Studio, 1917
Contains reproductions of the work of Beardsley, Burne-Jones, Leech, Turner, William Blake, Hogarth, Brangwyn, Legros, Whistler, and others. 187. Whitman's Print-Collector's Handbook. Revised and enlarged. Numerous fine reproductions. Square 8vo, cloth, uncut. London, 1918
188. SCHEFFLER (KARL). Max Liebermann. 100 full-page and text reproductions of his work. Small 4to, pictured boards. Munchen, 1912
189. SCHIELE (EGON). Zeichnungen. 12 full-page plates. Folio, loose in cloth and boards portfolio. Wien, 1917
190. SCHULTHEISS (KARL M.). Aus dem Leben eines Taugenichts. 16 original etchings. 4to, loose in cloth portfolio.
Berlin, n. d. One of 150 copies, with the etchings autographed by the etcher.
191. SECRET SPRINGS OF DUBLIN SONG. Royal 8vo, cloth, uncut. Dublin: Talbot Press, 1918
One of 500 copies.
192. SEIDLITZ (W. V.). Geschichte des Japanischen Farbenholzschnitts. Numerous colored plates together with full-page and text half-tones. 4to, half cloth and boards. Dresden, 1910
193. SEYMOUR (WILLIAM W.). History and Art. Profusely illustrated.
194. SHAW (BERNARD). John Bull's Other Island and Major Barbara: also, How He Lied to Her Husband. 12mo, cloth, gilt top, uncut. London, 1907
195. The Sanity of Art, etc. 12mo, boards, cloth back, gilt top, uncut.
196. The Doctor's Dilemma, Getting Married, and The Shewing-up of Blanco. 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, 1911
197. Misalliance, The Dark Lady of the Sonnets, and Fanny's First Play. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
The Cross, in Tradition,
198. Androcles and the Lion, Overruled, and Pygmalion. 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, 1916
Heartbreak House, Great Catherine, and Playlets of the War. 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, 1919
Back to Methuselah.
201. SHERIDAN (RICHARD BRINSLEY). Dramatic Works. With an Introduction by Richard Grant White. Portraits. 3 vols., 8vo, boards, uncut, paper labels. New York, 1883
ONE OF 30 COPIES, WITH THE PORTRAITS IN TWO STATES, BEFORE AND AFTER LETTERS. PRINTED THROUGHOUT ON JAPAN PAPER.
202. SIMON (T. F.). Prague. A series of 12 colored lithographed views, each matted and autographed by the artist. Loose in linen portfolio. N. p., n. d.
This splendid series of plates is produced by the more modern process of acid etching, the plates finally printed in colors, giving an aquatint effect which is most pleasing.
203. SINGER (HANS W.). Handbuch fur Kupferstichsammlungen vorschlage zu deren anlage und fuhrung. 18 text illustrations and folding diagrams. 8vo, boards.
Die Moderne Graphik. Eine Darstellung fur Deren Freunde und Sammler. Profusely and beautifully illustrated. 4to,
205. Jahrbuch der Original Graphik. Erster Jahrgang. 10 etchings. With Text. Folio, loose in board portfolio.
Berlin, n. d.
FINE COPY. The Artists whose etchings are included here, are: Louis Corinth, Leonhard Fanto, Otto Fischer, Georg Gelbke, Emil Orlik, Eugen Kirchner, Ingwer Paulsen, Dora Seifert, Erich Wolfsfeld and Walter Zeising.
ONE OF 100 COPIES ON HAND-MADE PAPER. The Preface is autographed by Dr. Singer.
206. [STEVENSON (JOHN HALL).] Makarony Fables. Fables for Grown Gentlemen. 8vo, cloth, gilt top, uncut.
ONE OF 300 COPIES PRINTED FOR PRIVATE CIRCULATION ONLY.
207. STEVENSON (ROBERT LOUIS). Memories and Portraits. 12mo, cloth, gilt top, uncut. London, 1887
208. The Merry Men and other Tales and Fables. 12mo, half red morocco, gilt top. London, 1887
Ballads. 4to, cloth, uncut.
Island Nights' Entertainments. don Browne and W. Hatherell. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
Illustrations by Gor-
New Poems and Variant Readings. 12mo, cloth, un-
212. [STRANG (WILLIAM).] The Christ upon the Hill. By Cosmo Monkhouse. Title and 8 Etchings by William Strang. Folio, buckram, uncut. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1895 ONE OF 50 PROOF COPIES SIGNED BY THE ARTIST. An etching by Strang from another work is laid in.
213. [ -] Paradise Lost. By John Milton. A Series of 12 Etchings by William Strang, including a portrait of Milton, matted. Folio, buckram, uncut. London: Nimmo, 1895
One of 150 copies. With the Holden bookplate. The printed title reads: New York, 1896.
214. STRUCK (HERMANN). Die Kunst des Radierens. Etchings and numerous full-page and text illustrations. Small 4to, gilt pictured boards. Berlin, n. d.
FIRST EDITION. Contains a hitherto unpublished etching by Zorn, entitled "Anna", no copy of which appears to have been sold in any of the large collections recently dispersed.
215. [SURTEES (R. S.).] "Ask Mamma;" or, The Richest Commoner in England. With brilliant colored plates, and woodcuts, by John Leech. 8vo, half red morocco, gilt top. London, 1858
216. TATTING. The Art of Tatting. By Katherin L. Hoare. With an Introduction by H. M. the Queen of Roumania. 54 plates in collotype. 4to, buckram, uncut. London, 1910
217. THACKERAY (WILLIAM M.). Miscellanies. Prose and Verse. 4 vols., 12mo, crushed crimson levant morocco, gilt backs, gilt tops, uncut. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1855-57 Choice copy.
FIRST COLLECTED EDITION.
218. THOMA (HANS). Graphische Kunst. Herausgegeben von Herbert Tannenbaum. 112 full-page reproductions. Small 4to, boards. Dresden, 1920
219. TICKNOR (GEORGE). History of Spanish Literature. 3 vols., 8vo, half calf. New York, 1854
220. TROLLOPE (T. A.). Paul the Pope and Paul the Friar. Portrait. 8vo, half morocco, gilt top, uncut. London, 1861
221. UZANNE (OCTAVE). Le Miroir du Monde. Notes et Sensations de la Vie Pittoresque. Illustrations in color after Paul Avril. 4to, embossed and decorated leather, gilt top, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Paris, 1888
One of 100 copies on Japan paper.
222. VOLTAIRE. Candide; or, All for the Best. A new translation from the French, with Introduction by Walter Jerrold. Vignettes in two states, one in sanguine, by Adrian Moreau. Royal 8vo, pale green moire silk, gilt top, uncut, with silk ties.
ONE OF 50 COPIES ON LARGE JAPANESE VELLUM.
223. cloth, uncut.
La Pucelle, the Maid of Orleans. 2 vols., small 4to, London: Printed for the Lutetian Society, 1899 One of 500 copies. A new and complete translation into English verse, revised, corrected and augmented from the earlier English translation of W. H. Ireland, and the one attributed to Lady Charleville, with the variants, now for the first time translated by Ernest Dowson.
224. Die Romane und Erzahlungen. series of illustrations after Moreau le jeune. pigskin backs, gilt tops.
With the delightful 2 vols., 8vo, boards, Berlin, 1919
225. WALTON AND COTTON. The Compleat Angler. Beautifully illustrated in color by James Thorpe. 4to, crushed black pigskin, gilt ornamented side, gilt top, uncut.
One of 250 copies signed by the Artist.
London, n. d.