« IndietroContinua »
367. Men of Mark in Virginia. Ideals of American Life. Numerous fine engraved portraits, with facsimile signatures. 5 vols. 8vo, half morocco, gilt tops, uncut.
Washington, 1906 368. UNCLE SAM, pseud. Uncle Sam's Peculiarities. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
London, circa 1840 A New York Boarding house; Whitehall and the Battery; An Ameri. can Austioneer "going' it, etc. 369. UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA. Early History of the University of Virginia as contained in the Letters of Thomas Jefferson and Joseph C. Cabell, hitherto unpublished. With an appendix. 8vo, cloth.
Richmond, 1856 FIRST EDITION.
370. VENEZUELA. The Emigrant's Vade-Mecum or Guide to the “Price Grant” in Venezuelan Guayana. Frontispiece and map. 12mo, half morocco.
Richmond, 1868 The Preface is signed by Margaret A. Pattison of Maryland. 371. VIRGINIA. The Acts of Assembly, Now in Force, in the Colony of Virginia. With an Exact Table to the Whole. Folio, old sheep (worn, pages stained and edges frayed. Sold as is).
Williamsburg, 1769 372. A Collection of all such Public Acts of the General Assembly and Ordinances of the Conventions of Virginia, Passed since the Year 1768, as are now in force. With a Table of the Principal Matters. Folio, original half sheep (worn).
Richmond: Nicholson and Prentis, 1785 373 A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a Public and Permanent Nature, as are now in Force. To which are prefixed the Declaration of Rights, and Constitution, or Form of Government. Folio, contemporary half sheep.
Richmond, 1794 374. - Decisions of Cases in Virginia, by the High Court of Chancery, With Remarks upon Decrees by the Court of Appeals, reversing some of those Decisions. Folio, original sheep.
Richmond: Thomas Nicolson, 1795 375. Acts Passed at a General Assembly of the Common: wealth of Virginia, begun and held at the Capitol, in the City of Richmond, on Monday, the Fifth Day of December, 1803. Folio, original half sheep.
Richmond: Meriwether Jones (1804)
The Proceedings of the Convention of Delegates for the Counties and Corporations in the Colony of Virginia. Held at Richmond Town, in the County of Henrico on the 20th of March, 1775. 4to, half sheep (rubbed and pp. spotted). Richmond, 1816
377. Journal of the Convention of Virginia; held in the City of Richmond on the first Monday in June, 1788. 8vo, half sheep.
378. Journal of the House of Delegates of Virginia, Ann: Domini, 1776. 4to, half sheep.
Richmond, 1828 379. Reports of the Virginia State Bar Association. From Vol. 1, 1889, to Vol. 20, 1907. Portraits. 20 vols. 8vo, cloth (back torn).
Richmond, 1890-1907 380. Index to Enrolled Bills of the General Assembly of Virginia, 1776 to 1862. Original Parchments. Compiled by John W. Williams. 16mo, cloth.
381. Another copy. 8vo, canvas.
Richmond, 1911 Autograph presentation copy from the compiler. 382. Acts passed at a General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia: May 1813; 1818-19; 1820-21 to 1831-32; 183334 to 1837-38; 1839 to 1855-56; 1857-58; 1859-60; 1865-66; 186667; 1869-70 to 1872-73; 1864-75 to 1876-77; 1878-79; 1879-80; 188182; 1883-84; Extra Session 1884; 1885-86; 1887-88; Extra Session, 1887; 1889-90; 1891-92; 1893-94; 1895-96; 1897-98; 1899-1900; 1901-2; Extra Session, 1901; 1904. With duplicates for 1844-45; 1850-51 ; 1851-52; 1852-53; 1857-58; 1859-60. Together 65 vols. 8vo,
, sewn and half sheep. Some bindings worn, and not collated.
Richmond, v. d. 383. Statutes at Large. A Collection of the Laws of Virginia from 1616 to 1788 (duplicate of 1711-1736). By William Waller Hening. 14 vols. 8vo, sheep (binding worn).
New York and Richmond, v. d.
384. Statutes at Large. Being a Continuation of Hening. (1792-1806). By Samuel Shepherd. 3 vols.
Richmond, 1835 385. — Proceedings and Debates of the Virginia State Convention of 1829-30. Richmond, 1830; Miscellaneous Virginia Documents 1865-66; 1867-68 (2 copies); The Militia Law of Virginia. Richmond, 1858; Virginia Revenue Laws, 1880-1881. Richmond, 1881. 6 vols. 8vo, various bindings.
Sketches and Recollections of Lynchburg (By the Oldest Inhabitants), Richmond, 1858; The Presbytery of Hanover
(Patton), N. Y., n. d.; White Sulphur Papers (Pencil), N. Y. 1839; and others. Together 37 vols., various sizes and bindings.
387. VIRGINIA CODE. A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia of a Public and Permanent Nature, as are now in Force. With a new and complete Index. 2 vols. Richmond, 1803-8; The Revised Code of the Laws of Virginia. 2 vols. Richmond, 1819; The Code of Virginia, 1849; Same, for 1860; 1873 and 1887, with a Supplement to the Revised Code of the Laws. Richmond, 1833. Together 9 vols. 8vo, sheep (some bindings worn).
388. VIRGINIA COLONIAL DECISIONS. The Reports of Sir John Randolph and by Edward Barradall, of Decisions of The General Court of Virginia, 1728-1741. Edited, with Historical Introduction by R. T. Barton. Frontispiece. 2 vols. 8vo, canvas, uncut.
Boston, 1909 389. VIRGINIA COLONIAL MONEY. Note for 3 Pounds, issue of 1773. Signed by Robert Carter Nicholas, John Blair and B. Dandridge; Note for 20 Shillings, issue of 1775, signed by Nich. olas and others; Note for 5 Pounds, issue of 1775; Note for 12 Pounds, issue of 1775; Note for 20 Shillings, issue of 1775. 5 pieces.
None of these issues appear to be in the Virginia State Library. 390. VIRGINIA COMPANY. The Records of the Virginia Company of London. The Court Book, from the Manuscript in the Library of Congress. Illustrated. 2 vols. 4to, buckram, uncut.
Washington, 1906 391. VIRGINIA COURT REPORTS. Reports of Cases argued and adjudged in the Court of Appeals of Virginia. By Daniel Call. 6 vols. Richmond, 1801-1833; Hening and Munford's Reports, 4 vols., v. p., 1808-1812; Munford's Reports, 6 vols., with Index. 7 vols. v. p., 1812-1819; Gilmer's Reports. Richmond, 1821; Randolph's Reports, 6 vols. Richmond, 1823-29; Leigh's Reports. 12 vols. Richmond, 1830-1844; Grattan's Reports, 33 vols. Richmond, 1845-1881; Robinson's Virginia Reports, 2 vols. Richmond, 1843; Wyeth's Chancery Reports, 1 vol. Richmond, 1852; Brockenbrough's Reports. 2 vols. Philadelphia, 1837; Brockenbrough and Holmes' Reports. Vols 1 and 2 in one volume (and duplicate of Vol. 1). Phila., 1815. Together 76 vols. 8vo, sheep (some bindings worn).
V. P., v. d. A RARE COLLECTION,
392. VIRGINIA HISTORICAL REGISTER, and Literary Advertiser. Edited by William Maxwell. 6 vols. 12mo, half morocco.
Richmond, 1848-53 A GOOD COPY OF THIS EXCEEDINGLY SCARCE WORK, RARELY FOUND COMPLETE, the greater portion of the edition having been destroyed by fire on the evacuation of Richmond, in 1865. 393. VIRGINIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY PUBLICA TIONS. Collections. New Series, Vols. 3-11. 12 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
Richmond, 1884-1892 Comprises: The Dinwiddie Papers; Huguenot Emigration to Virginia; Virginia Company; Miscellaneous Papers, etc. 394. VIRGINIA LAW JOURNAL. Vol. 1 (Jan. 1877) to Vol. 16 inclusive (Dec. 1892). 16 vols. 8vo, sheep. Richmond, v. d.
395. VIRGINIA MAGAZINE (The) of History and Biography. Vol. 1-26 (except Nos. 3 and 4 of Vol. 16). 26 vols. 8vo, cloth and wrappers.
Richmond, 1894-1918 396. VIRGINIA-MARYLAND BOUNDARY LINE. Report and Accompanying Documents of the Virginia Commissioners ap
pointed to ascertain the Boundary Line between Maryland and Virginia. With volume containing 11 maps (some torn and loose). 2 vols. 8vo, sheep (worn, and one cover missing). Richmond, 1873
397. VIRGINIA MONEY. Notes for 100 Spanish Milled Dollars; One for Fifteen Spanish Milled Dollars, also one for Ten and one for Three, together with a facsimile of one for One Third of a Spanish Milled Dollar. Issue of 1778. 5 pieces.
398. VIRGINIA MONEY. Bank Notes issued by the City of Richmond during 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. 96 pieces.
399. Virginia Treasury Notes issued during 1861 and 1862. Denominations $1 to $100. 11 pieces. Fine.
400. Bank Notes issued by various Banks in Staunton, Howardsville, Portsmouth, etc., during 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. Some worn. 25 pieces.
401. Bank Notes issued by the Bank of the Commonwealth of Richmond, Va., in 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. 33 pieces.
402. VIRGINIA PERIODICAL. The Bank Reformer. 6 Numbers and Supplement [all published). Royal 8vo, boards.
Petersburg, Va., 1841
403. VIRGINIA QUAKERS. Rules of Discipline of the Yearly Meeting of Friends, held in Virginia. 16mo, limp sheep.
Richmond: J. Warrock, 1814 SCARCE. Not in the Virginia State Library.
404. VIRGINIA REPORT (The) of 1799-1800, touching the Alien and Sedition Laws; together with the Virginia Resolutions of December 21, 1798, etc. 8vo, half sheep. 2 copies. Richmond, 1850
405. VIRGINIA TREASURY NOTES. Issue of 1776-1777 Of various denominations, calling for Spanish Milled Dollars. Some unsigned, others signed by B. Dickson and Ja. Wray, 13 pieces. Some with, and some without Motto under seal device; also 4 pieces of Virginia Currency, issue of 1776. Various devices. Together 17 pieces.
406. VOLNEY (C. F.). A View of the Soil and Climate of the United States of America: With supplementary remarks upon Florida. Maps and plates. 8vo, original sheep (rubbed, and pp. foxed).
407. WADDELL (JOSEPH A.). Annals of Augusta County, Virginia, from 1726 to 1871. Maps. 8vo, cloth. Staunton, 1902
Second Edition, revised and enlarged.
408. WASHINGTON (BUSHROD). Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Appeals of Virginia. 2 vols. 8vo, original sheep (writing and labels on titles).
Richmond, 1798-99 409. Another copy. 2 vols. 8vo, original sheep (worn-fair copy only).
Richmond, 1798 410. WASHINGTON (GEORGE). Interesting State Papers from President Washington, M. Fauchet and M. Adet. likewise Conferences with George Hammond • quoted by Edmund Randolph. 8vo, half calf.
Philadelphia Printed; London, reprinted, 1796 An interesting piece, relating the facts leading to the resignation of Edmund Randolph as Secretary of State.
411. A Collection of Funeral Orations on the Death of George Washington. Bound in one volume, 8vo, half calf (covers loose).
1800 A RARE COLLECTION IN FINE CONDITION. Comprising: Oration by Henry Lee in Philadelphia. Phila. 1800. Oration by Gouverneur Morris in N. Y. New York, 1800. Oration by Simon Chaudron, before the French Lodge. Phila. 1800. Proceedings of the Town of Charlestown. [Boston] 1800. Address of George Washington on declining re-election (1796). Oration by Samuel Bayard at New Rochelle. New Brunswick, 1800. Oration by S. S. Smith at Trenton. Trenton, 1800. Oration by David Ramsay at Charleston, S. C. Charleston, 1800. Oration by Fisher Ames at Boston. Philadelphia, 1800. Eulogium by Maj. William Jackson, at Phila. 1800. Eulogy by William Linn at N. Y. New York, 1800. Oration by Frederick Frelinghuysen, in New Brunswick, 1800. Poem. By Richard Alsop. Hartford, 1800.
Poem. By John Blair Linn. Philadelphia, 1800. 412. [-] The Life of George Washington. By David Ram. say. Portrait by Leney. 8vo, old half calf (pp. a little foxed). FIRST EDITION.
New York, 1807 413. Another copy. 8vo, original sheep (pp. a little foxed).
New York, 1807 414. [-] Washington and his Generals. By J. T. Headley. Portraits. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
New York, 1847 FIRST EDITION.
415. The Diary of George Washington, from 1789 to 1791, embracing the Opening of the First Congress, and his Tours Through New England, Long Island, and the Southern States. Together with his Journal of a Tour to the Ohio in 1753. Edited by Benson J. Lossing. Photographic portrait inserted. 12mo, cloth (stamp removed from title).
New York, 1860 FIRST EDITION. 416. [-] Washington and the West. Being George Wash. ington's Diary of September, 1784, kept during his journey into the Ohio Basin. With a Commentary by Archer Butler Hulbert. Maps. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth.
New York, 1905