« IndietroContinua »
lished for the First Time, etc. 8vo, cloth, uncut (name removed from title). Cincinnati, 1871 Contains an historical notice of the Miami Confederacy of Indians.
357. TRIAL. Trial of Samuel Chase, an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States, Impeached for High Crimes and Misdemeanors, before the Senate of the United States. 2 vols. in one. 8vo, half roan. Washington, 1805
The Letters and Correspondence of Mrs. Virginia Myers to Dudley Marvin Hoyt, who was Murdered at Richmond, Sept. 28, 1846, by Wm. R. Myers, and two others. Philadelphia, 1847; An Authenticated Report of the Trial of Myers and others for the Murder of Dudley Marvin Hoyt. N. Y., n. d. 2 vols. 8vo, boards.
359. TUCKER (GEORGE). The History of the United States, from their Colonization to the end of the 26th Congress, in 1841. 4 vols. 8vo, cloth. Philadelphia, 1856
360. TUCKER (NATHANIEL BEVERLY). A Series of Lectures on the Science of Government, intended to prepare the student for the Study of the Constitution of the United States. 12mo, cloth (pp. spotted). Philadelphia, 1845
FIRST EDITION. Not in Swem.
361.  The Partisan Leader. The Partisan Leader. Tale of the Future. By Edward William Sidney. 2 vols. 12mo, original boards (one cover wanting, and a little worn), uncut. Printed for the Publishers, by James Caxton, 1856 SCARCE. This novel was secretly printed in Washington in 1836, but afterwards suppressed. Not in Virginia State Library.
362. TUCKER (ST. GEORGE). Hansford: A Tale of Bacon's Rebellion. 12mo, cloth (some pp. foxed). Richmond, 1857
363. A. L. s., 1 p. 4to; John W. Eppes, A. L. s., 3 pp. 4to; W. Eustis, D. s.; W. Jones, L. s.; Alex. H. H. Stuart, Secretary of the Interior, 2 A. L's. s. ; and others. 21 pieces.
364. TYLER (JOHN). L. s., 1 p. 4to. Washington, March 2. 1842. Appointment of Wm. B. Randolph as acting Treasurer of the U. S.
365. Secret History of the Perfidies, Intrigues and Corruptions of the Tyler Dynasty, with the Mysteries of Washington City, connected with that vile administration, in a series of Letters to the ex-Acting President, by one most familiar with the subject. Portrait laid in. 8vo, cloth. Washington, 1845
366. TYLER (LYON G.). The Letters and Times of the Tylers. Portraits. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. Richmond, 1884
Men of Mark in Virginia. Ideals of American Life. Numerous fine engraved portraits, with facsimile signatures. 5 vols. 8vo, half morocco, gilt tops, uncut. Washington, 1906
368. UNCLE SAM, pseud. Uncle Sam's Peculiarities. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, circa 1840
A New York Boarding house; Whitehall and the Battery; An American Austioneer "going" it, etc.
369. UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA. Early History of the University of Virginia as contained in the Letters of Thomas Jefferson and Joseph C. Cabell, hitherto unpublished. With an appendix. 8vo, cloth. Richmond, 1856
370. VENEZUELA. The Emigrant's Vade-Mecum or Guide to the "Price Grant" in Venezuelan Guayana. Frontispiece and map. 12mo, half morocco. Richmond, 1868
The Preface is signed by Margaret A. Pattison of Maryland.
371. VIRGINIA. The Acts of Assembly, Now in Force, in the Colony of Virginia. With an Exact Table to the Whole. Folio, old sheep (worn, pages stained and edges frayed. Sold as is).
372. A Collection of all such Public Acts of the General Assembly and Ordinances of the Conventions of Virginia, Passed since the Year 1768, as are now in force. With a Table of the Principal Matters. Folio, original half sheep (worn).
Richmond: Nicholson and Prentis, 1785
373 A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia, of a Public and Permanent Nature, as are now in Force. To which are prefixed the Declaration of Rights, and Constitution, or Form of Government. Folio, contemporary half sheep. Richmond, 1794
374. Decisions of Cases in Virginia, by the High Court of Chancery, With Remarks upon Decrees by the Court of Appeals, reversing some of those Decisions. Folio, original sheep.
Richmond: Thomas Nicolson, 1795
Acts Passed at a General Assembly of the Common. wealth of Virginia, begun and held at the Capitol, in the City of Richmond, on Monday, the Fifth Day of December, 1803. Folio, original half sheep. Richmond: Meriwether Jones 
376. The Proceedings of the Convention of Delegates for the Counties and Corporations in the Colony of Virginia. Held at Richmond Town, in the County of Henrico on the 20th of March, 1775. 4to, half sheep (rubbed and pp. spotted). Richmond, 1816 377. Journal of the Convention of Virginia; held in the City of Richmond on the first Monday in June, 1788. 8vo, half sheep. Richmond, 1827
378. Journal of the House of Delegates of Virginia, Annɔ Domini, 1776. 4to, half sheep. Richmond, 1828
Reports of the Virginia State Bar Association. From Vol. 1, 1889, to Vol. 20, 1907. Portraits. 20 vols. 8vo, cloth (back torn). Richmond, 1890-1907
Index to Enrolled Bills of the General Assembly of Virginia, 1776 to 1862. Original Parchments. Compiled by John W. Williams. 16mo, cloth. Richmond, 1908
Another copy. 8vo, canvas.
Autograph presentation copy from the compiler.
382. Acts passed at a General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia: May 1813; 1818-19; 1820-21 to 1831-32; 183334 to 1837-38; 1839 to 1855-56; 1857-58; 1859-60; 1865-66; 186667; 1869-70 to 1872-73; 1864-75 to 1876-77; 1878-79; 1879-80; 188182; 1883-84; Extra Session 1884; 1885-86; 1887-88; Extra Session, 1887; 1889-90; 1891-92; 1893-94; 1895-96; 1897-98; 1899-1900; 1901-2; Extra Session, 1901; 1904. With duplicates for 1844-45; 1850-51; 1851-52; 1852-53; 1857-58; 1859-60. Together 65 vols. 8vo, sewn and half sheep. Some bindings worn, and not collated.
Richmond, v. d.
Statutes at Large. A Collection of the Laws of Virginia from 1616 to 1788 (duplicate of 1711-1736). By William Waller Hening. 14 vols. 8vo, sheep (binding worn).
New York and Richmond, v. d.
384. Statutes at Large. Hening. (1792-1806). By Samuel Shepherd. 3 vols.
Being a Continuation of
385. Proceedings and Debates of the Virginia State Convention of 1829-30. Richmond, 1830; Miscellaneous Virginia Documents 1865-66; 1867-68 (2 copies); The Militia Law of Virginia. Richmond, 1858; Virginia Revenue Laws, 1880-1881. Richmond, 1881. 6 vols. 8vo, various bindings.
386. Sketches and Recollections of Lynchburg (By the Oldest Inhabitants), Richmond, 1858; The Presbytery of Hanover (Patton), N. Y., n. d.; White Sulphur Papers (Pencil), N. Y. 1839; and others. Together 37 vols., various sizes and bindings.
387. VIRGINIA CODE. A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia of a Public and Permanent Nature, as are now in Force. With a new and complete Index. 2 vols. Richmond, 1803-8; The Revised Code of the Laws of Virginia. 2 vols. Richmond, 1819; The Code of Virginia, 1849; Same, for 1860; 1873 and 1887, with a Supplement to the Revised Code of the Laws. Richmond, 1833. Together 9 vols. 8vo, sheep (some bindings worn).
388. VIRGINIA COLONIAL DECISIONS. The Reports of Sir John Randolph and by Edward Barradall, of Decisions of The General Court of Virginia, 1728-1741. Edited, with Historical Introduction by R. T. Barton. Frontispiece. 2 vols. 8vo, canvas, uncut. Boston, 1909
389. VIRGINIA COLONIAL MONEY. Note for 3 Pounds, issue of 1773. Signed by Robert Carter Nicholas, John Blair and B. Dandridge; Note for 20 Shillings, issue of 1775, signed by Nicholas and others; Note for 5 Pounds, issue of 1775; Note for 12 Pounds, issue of 1775; Note for 20 Shillings, issue of 1775. 5 pieces.
None of these issues appear to be in the Virginia State Library.
390. VIRGINIA COMPANY. The Records of the Virginia Company of London. The Court Book, from the Manuscript in the Library of Congress. Illustrated. 2 vols. 4to, buckram, uncut.
391. VIRGINIA COURT REPORTS. Reports of Cases argued and adjudged in the Court of Appeals of Virginia. By Daniel Call. 6 vols. Richmond, 1801-1833; Hening and Munford's Reports, 4 vols., v. p., 1808-1812; Munford's Reports, 6 vols., with Index. 7 vols. v. p., 1812-1819; Gilmer's Reports. Richmond, 1821; Randolph's Reports, 6 vols. Richmond, 1823-29; Leigh's Reports. 12 vols. Richmond, 1830-1844; Grattan's Reports, 33 vols. Richmond, 1845-1881; Robinson's Virginia Reports, 2 vols. Richmond, 1843; Wyeth's Chancery Reports, 1 vol. Richmond, 1852; Brockenbrough's Reports. 2 vols. Philadelphia, 1837; Brockenbrough and Holmes' Reports. Vols 1 and 2 in one volume (and duplicate of Vol. 1). Phila., 1815. Together 76 vols. 8vo, sheep (some bindings worn). v. p., v. d.
A RARE COLLECTION.
392. VIRGINIA HISTORICAL REGISTER, and Literary Advertiser. Edited by William Maxwell. 6 vols. 12mo, half Richmond, 1848-53
A GOOD COPY OF THIS EXCEEDINGLY SCARCE WORK, RARELY FOUND COMPLETE, the greater portion of the edition having been destroyed by fire on the evacuation of Richmond, in 1865.
393. VIRGINIA HISTORICAL SOCIETY PUBLICA. TIONS. Collections. New Series, Vols. 3-11. 12 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Richmond, 1884-1892
Comprises: The Dinwiddie Papers; Huguenot Emigration to Virginia; Virginia Company; Miscellaneous Papers, etc.
394. VIRGINIA LAW JOURNAL. Vol. 1 (Jan. 1877) to Vol. 16 inclusive (Dec. 1892). 16 vols. 8vo, sheep. Richmond, v. d.
395. VIRGINIA MAGAZINE (The) of History and Biography. Vol. 1-26 (except Nos. 3 and 4 of Vol. 16). 26 vols. 8vo, cloth and wrappers. Richmond, 1894-1918
396. VIRGINIA-MARYLAND BOUNDARY LINE. Report and Accompanying Documents of the Virginia Commissioners ap
pointed to ascertain the Boundary Line between Maryland and Virginia. With volume containing 11 maps (some torn and loose). 2 vols. 8vo, sheep (worn, and one cover missing). Richmond, 1873
397. VIRGINIA MONEY. Notes for 100 Spanish Milled Dollars; One for Fifteen Spanish Milled Dollars, also one for Ten and one for Three, together with a facsimile of one for One Third of a Spanish Milled Dollar. Issue of 1778. 5 pieces.
398. VIRGINIA MONEY. Bank Notes issued by the City of Richmond during 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. 96 pieces.
399. Virginia Treasury Notes issued during 1861 and 1862. Denominations $1 to $100. 11 pieces. Fine.
Bank Notes issued by various Banks in Staunton, Howardsville, Portsmouth, etc., during 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. Some worn. 25 pieces.
Bank Notes issued by the Bank of the Commonwealth of Richmond, Va., in 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. 33 pieces.
402. VIRGINIA PERIODICAL. Numbers and Supplement [all published].
The Bank Reformer.
403. VIRGINIA QUAKERS. Rules of Discipline of the Yearly Meeting of Friends, held in Virginia. 16mo, limp sheep. Richmond: J. Warrock, 1814
SCARCE. Not in the Virginia State Library.
404. VIRGINIA REPORT (The) of 1799-1800, touching the Alien and Sedition Laws; together with the Virginia Resolutions of December 21, 1798, etc. 8vo, half sheep. 2 copies. Richmond, 1850
405. VIRGINIA TREASURY NOTES. Issue of 1776-1777 Of various denominations, calling for Spanish Milled Dollars. Some unsigned, others signed by B. Dickson and Ja. Wray, 13 pieces. Some with, and some without Motto under seal device; also 4 pieces of Virginia Currency, issue of 1776. Various devices. Together 17 pieces.
406. VOLNEY (C. F.). A View of the Soil and Climate of the United States of America: With supplementary remarks upon Florida. Maps and plates. 8vo, original sheep (rubbed, and pp. foxed). Philadelphia, 1804
407. WADDELL (JOSEPH A.). Annals of Augusta County, Virginia, from 1726 to 1871. Maps. 8vo, cloth. Staunton, 1902
Second Edition, revised and enlarged.