« IndietroContinua »
hew. With many hundred illustrations by George Cruikshank and other Ar. tists. Both series. 2 rols., 12mo, cloth, uncut.
London, (1871] Original printing of this edition, with the Hotten imprint. 209. CRU'IKSHAYK (GEORGE). The Universal Songster; or, Museum of Mirth. Forming the most Complete, Extensive, and Valuable Collection of Ancient and Modern Songs in the English Language. Engraved frontispieces, two of which are by George Cruikshank, and 87 woodcuts, of which 27 are by G. C. (initialed) and 57 by R. C., and the other 6 by other artists. 3 vols., 8vo, full mottled calf, gilt tops, uncut, by Cecil and Larkins.
London: Jones and Co., 1828
210. CRUIKSHANK (GEORGE). Ferdinand Franck; an Auto-biographical Sketch of the Youthful Days of a Musical Student. Second Edition. With woodcut illustrations on India paper. 12mo, half orange morocco, gilt top, uncut.
London, 1831 211. CRUIKSHANK (ROBERT). Fifty-one Original Fables, with Morals and Ethical Index. Written by (anagram of Jonathan Birch). Embellished with 85 original designs by R. Cruikshank. Svo, half brown morocco, gilt top.
London, 1833 First Edition with the Cruikshank illustrations. Fine copy.
212. CRUIKSHANK. My Brother; or, The Man of Many Friends. By an Old Author. Frontispiece by George Cruikshank FIRST EDITION. 12mo, half polished red calf, gilt back and edges.
London: Sampson, Low and Son, 1855 Scarce.
213. CRUIKSHANK. George Cruikshank, the artist, the humorist and the man, with some account of his brother Robert, by William Bates. With numerous illustrations by Geo. Cruik shank, including several from original drauings in the possession of the author. Ato, half red levant, richly tooled back, gilt top, uncut.
London, 1879 Choice Copy in a handsome new binding, EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED with about 50 plates, some in Colors, representing examples of his best work.
214. CRUIKSHANK (GEORGE AND ROBERT). The Universal Songster; or, Museum of Mirth. With engrared titles, frontispiece and woodcuts by George and Robert Cruikshank. 3 vols., 8vo, cloth, uncut.
London: Jones and Co., n.d.
215. CURIOUS. Three Tracts concerning the Torpedo. Illustrations. 4to, boards.
London, 1775 The first tract is in the form of a letter from John Walsh to Benjamin Franklin, and is a presentation copy from the author to Thomas Pennant, the traveler and naturalist.
216. CURIOUS. “The Book,” Complete. Being the whole of the Depositions on the Investigation of the Conduct of the Princess of Wales. London, 1813; The Farmer's Daughter of Essex. Written by Herself. New York, 1802 (title mutilated). 2 vols., 18mo and 8vo, sheep and boards.
217. CURRIE (DR.). The Life of Robert Burns. With his Correspondence and Fragments. Engraved title and frontispiece. Small 12mo, cloth, paper label, uncut.
London, 1826 218. CURTIS (ATHERTON). Catalogue of the Etched Work of Evert Van Muyden. With a portrait of the artist and 10 head-pieces etched expressly for the catalogue, and one un published plate. Small 4to, cloth, uncut.
New York, 1894 Edition limited to 230 copies.
219. CYCLOPÆDIAS. The American Cyclopædia: A Popular Dictionary
New York, 1883-91
London: Pickering, 1835-52
224. D’ARBLAY (Madame). Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay.
Paris: E. Dentu, 1892
tunes of France. Ernest Daudet.''
London: Printed for John Stockdale, 1790
London: Printed by P. Hills, n.d.
Londres: a Dulau et Cie. 1800
hew. With many hundred illustrations by George Cruikshank and other Ar-
210. CRUIKSHANK (GEORGE). Ferdinand Franck; an Auto-biograph-
213. CRUIKSHANK. George Cruikshank, the artist, the humorist and the
about 50 plates, some in Colors, representing examples of his best work.
London: Jones and Co., n.d.
215. CURIOUS. Three Tracts concerning the Torpedo. Illustrations. 4to,
Pennant, the traveler and naturalist.
217. CURRIE (DR.). The Life of Robert Burns. With his Correspond-
219. CYCLOPÆDIAS. The American Cyclopædia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge, with Index. 17 vols.; Appleton's Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events. New Series. Vols. 1 to 15 inclusive. Together 32 vols. Royal 8vo, half morocco.
New York, 1883-91 220. DANCE OF DEATH. The Dance of Death; Painted by H. Holbein, and engraved by W. Hollar. Illustrated with 30 plates from the original coppers. 8vo, full crimson levant morocco, gilt and blind-tooled back and sides, gilt edges, in half vellum slip case.
[London, 1790] Fine copy of this very scarce edition, PRINTED THROUGHOUT ON THICK PAPER. The Preface and descriptions of the plates are by Francis
Douce. 221. [DANIEL (GEORGE).] Poetical Works, including: The Modern Dunciad, Virgil in London and other Poems; Democritus in London. 2 vols., 8vo, full red straight-grain morocco, blind tooling, gilt edges, by Hayday.
London: Pickering, 1835-52 Very fine copy. Democritus in London is First Edition. 222. DANTE. The Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri. 3 vols. The New Life of Dante. 1 vol. Translated by Charles Eliot Norton. 4 vols., 12mo, cloth, gilt tops.
Boston, 1893-95 223. DANTE. The Banquet of Dante Alighieri. Translated by Katherine Hillard. London, 1889; Dante and his Time (Federn), London, 1902. First EDITIONS. 2 vols., 12mo, cloth, uncut.
224. D’ARBLAY (Madame). Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay. New Edition, revised, with portraits. 4 vols., 8vo, cloth, uncut.
London, n.d. 225. DAU'DET (ALPHONSE). L'Arlésienne. Pièce en cinq tableaux. Full page and lignette illustrations by Gambard et Marold. 18mo, full crushed maroon levant morocco, gilt floral sprays on back; tooled centre ornament on covers, gilt inside borders, gilt top, uncut, original wrappers bound in.
Paris: E. Dentu, 1892 "Petite Collection Guillaume.'' 226. DAUDET (ERNEST). Souvenirs et Revelations. Histoire Diplomatique de l'Alliance Franco-Russe (1873-1893). 8vo, boards, cloth back, original wrappers bound in.
Paris, 1894 FIRST EDITION. With fine autograph inscription in French on halftitle by the author, the following being a translation: “ The relation given in this book is well made to rejoice French patriots and friends of peace. Happening twenty years after the war, the Franco-Russian Alliance has been the first great joy they have had since the misfor
tunes of France. Ernest Daudet.'' 227. DEFINICOENS, e Estatutos dos Cavellieiros e Freires da Ordem de Nosso Senhor Jehu Christo, etc. Folio, old calf.
Lisboa, 1671 228. DEFOE (DANIEL). The Life and Strange Surprising Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, of York, Mariner. Ilustrated with engraved plates by Medland after Stothard. 2 vols., royal 8vo, half green straight-grain morocco, gilt tops, uncut.
London: Printed for John Stockdale, 1790 LARGE PAPER COPY. 229. [DEFOE (DANIEL).] Jure Divino. A Satyr. Woodcut portrait on two titles. Twelve books in one volume. Small 8vo, half calf (one cover loose, and some edges cut into).
London: Printed by P. Hills, n.d. 230. DE LAVERGNE (LOUIS ELISABETH, Comte de Tressan). Histoire de Robert, surnomme le Brave. First Edition. With portrait of the author after A. Borel. 8vo, old straight-grained blue morocco, sides line tooled in gold, with inner wavy line broken by circles and flowers, back richly tooled with gold network, divided by gold lines, inside borders, gilt top.
Londres: a Dulau et Cie. 1800
Contains a memoir of the author. Deals with the early history of Languedoc. Robert le Brave was made a Knight by Raimond Comte de Toulouse, who died in 1105 while on an expedition to the Holy
Land. 231. DE QUINCEY (THOMAS). Collected Writings. New and enlarged edition by David Masson. Frontispieces. 14 vols., 12mo, half green calf, gilt backs, leather labels, gilt tops, uncut. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1889
232. DE VRIESE (PAUL VREDEMAN). Plusieurs Menuiseries. Ilustrated with 39 photolithograph plates of furniture. Small folio, half parchment.
Amsterdam (Brussells), n.d. Reproduction of the First Part, from the Edition published by
Vischer in 1630. 233. DIBDIN (THOMAS F.). An Introduction to the Knowledge of Rare and Valuable Editions of the Greek and Roman Classics. Facsimile.
2 vols., 8vo, old half russia, uncut.
London, 1808 234. [DICKENS (CHARLES).] A Select and Impartial Account of the Lives, Behaviour, and Dying-Words, of the most Remarkable Convicts, from the Year 1700, down to the present Time. 2 vols., 12mo, calf.
London, 1745-46 Charles Dickens' copy, with his bookplate in the first volume, and the
Gadshill label in both. 235. [DICKENS (CHARLES).) Memoirs of Joseph Grimaldi. Edited by "Boz. With illustrations by George Cruikshank. 2 vols., 8vo, half green morocco, gilt tops, uncut.
London, 1838 First ISSUE OF THE FIRST EDITION, with the plate “ The Last Song,” without the border. Inserted is A DUPLICATE SET OF THE PLATES IN
COLOR. Fine copy. SCARCE. 236. DICKENS (CHARLES). Sketches by Boz. Illustrative of EveryDay Life and Every-Day People. With 40 illustrations by George Cruikshank. 8vo, full red levant morocco, gilt line and blind border, gilt edges, by Mansell.
London, 1839 Fine copy, with an extra set of the plates, proofs, all finely colored
by hand. 237. DICKENS (CHARLES). American Notes for General Circulation. 2 vols., 8vo, original cloth, uncut.
London, 1842 FIRST EDITION. First issue, with pagination in volume one
mencing XVI. A crisp and clean copy in uncut condition. 238. DICKENS (CHARLES). Dombey and Son. With illustrations by H. K. Browne. FIRST Edition. 8vo, half green morocco, gilt top, specimen wrappers bound in.
London, 1848 239. DICKENS (CHARLES). The Uncommercial Traveller. Svo, original cloth, uncut.
London, 1861 First Edition. Fine copy. With H. E. Widener bookplate. 240. DICKENS (CHARLES). A Cyclopedia of the Best Thoughts of Charles Dickens. Compiled and alphabetically arranged by F. G. de Fontaine. Royal 8vo, half blue morocco, gilt top.
New York, 1873 241. DICKENS (CHARLES). The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club. With 43 illustrations by R. Seymour and Phiz. 2 vols., 8vo, half green morocco, gilt edges.
London, 1837 FIRST EDITION. EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED with an extra set of plates, colored, and showing the variations; and a set of 32 of the Sam Weller
plates. 242. DICKENS (CHARLES). The Works of Dickens. Illustrated by George Cruikshank, John Leech, Marcus Stone, and others. 45 vols., 8vo, cloth, gilt tops, uncut.
Boston: Estes & Lauriat, 1890 EDITION DE LUXE, limited.