« IndietroContinua »
19. DAVIDSON'S KEY to the SYSTEM of PRACTICAL MATHEMATICS; containing Solutions of all the Exercises in that Work. 1 vol. 8vo.
• 20. YOUNG ARITHMETICIAN'S GUIDE; being an easy Introductory Course of Practical Arithmetic, for the use of Schools. Is. 3d. bound.
21. DAVIDSON'S and SCOTT'S ARITHMETIC MODERNIZED; or a Complete System of Arithmetic, adapted to Modern Practice; with Notes, explaining the foundation of the Rules, and the best method of applying them; copious Illustrations of Commercial Subjects; accurate and comprehensive Tables of Weights and Measures; and Answers to all the Exercises. New edition, much
improved and enlarged. 12mo. 3s. 6d. bound.
22. DAVIDSON'S and SCOTT'S KEY to "Arithmetic Modernized;" containing Solutions of all the Exercises in the Work, and exhibiting the most eligible methods of performing the various Calculations which occur in business. 12mo. 4s. bound.
23. DYMOCK'S (of Glasgow) edition of RUDDIMAN'S RUDIMENTS of the Latin Tongue and Grammar, with the exception of the parts not taught, in which the rules De Generibus Nominum are literally translated. 12mo. 2s.
24. T. LIVII Libri Quinque Priores. edition, with Notes and Index, by W. M. GUNN of Edinburgh Southern Academy.
CESAR, with Notes and Index. 4s. bound.
3s. 6d. bound.
28. DUNBAR'S (Professor) ANALYSIS of the Formation of the Radical Tenses of the GREEK VERB; with an Essay on the Particle 'A. 8vo. 3s.
MOOR'S GREEK GRAMMAR. 8vo. 6s. 30. An Abridgment of the above, by Professor DUNBAR. 12mo. 2s. 6d. bound.
31. DUNCAN'S ELEMENTS of LOGIC, designed particularly for young Gentlemen at the University, and to prepare the way to the study of Philosophy and Mathematics. 12mo. 4s. bound. 32. DIALOGORUM SACRORUM, Libri Quatuor. 18mo. 2s. bound.
33. EUTROPII Historiæ Romanæ Breviarium, with a Vocabulary. 18mo. 2s.
34. GOLDSMITH'S HISTORY of ROME. A new edition, revised and corrected; to which are prefixed, A Chronological Table, and a Gazetteer of the Roman Empire. 1 vol. 12mo. 6s. boards. 35. GORDON'S Translation of the First Five Books of Livy. 12mo. 6s. bound.
36. GRADUS AD PARNASSUM; sive Novus Synonimorum, Epithetorum, Versuum, ac Phrasium Poeticarum Thesaurus. Ab uno e Societate Jesu, Edit. nova. Much improved. 10s. 6d.
37. GRAMMATICAL EXERCISES; or, an Exemplification of the several Moods and Tenses, and of the principal Rules of Construction; consisting chiefly of Moral Sentences, collected out of the best Roman Authors, and translated into English, to be rendered back into Latin, the Latin words being so in the opposite column. 18mo. 2s. bound.
Same book, with Vocabulary. 2s. 6d. bound. 38. HOMERI ILIAS, Gr. et Lat. ex edit. S. CLARKE. 11s. bound.
Gr. et Lat. a CLARKE. 2 vols. 8vo.
ODYSSEA, a CLARKE. 2 vols. 8vo. 18s. boards.
41. HORATII FLACCI OPERA OMNIA. 18mo. 2s. bd. a HUNTER. 2 vols. post 8vo,
Translated by SMART. 18mo.
44. JOHNSON'S DICTIONARY of the English Language, abridged. 8vo. 10s. 6d.
45. LIVY'S HISTORY, or First Five Books of the Second Punic War, translated into English, with Notes. 12mo. 4s. 6d. bound. 46. LORRAINE'S SALLUST. 18mo. 2s. bound.
47. MACKAY'S Greek and English VOCABULARY; comprehending all the most important Primitives of the Greek Language, arranged in the order of the Parts of Speech; with a great variety of Nouns declined, and Verbs, simple, compound, and anomalous, conjugated through the principal parts, according to Moor's Rules. Second edition. 18mo. 2s. bound.
48. MAIR'S RADICAL VOCABULARY, Latin and English ; comprehending the more useful Primitives of the Latin Tongue, digested alphabetically, in the order of the Parts of Speech. 18mo. 1s. 6d.
INTRODUCTION to LATIN SYNTAX; or, an Exemplification of the Rules of Construction, as delivered in Mr Ruddiman's Rudiments, without anticipating posterior rules. New edition, revised and corrected by Dr CARSON, Rector of High School, Edinburgh. 12mo. 2s. 6d.
50. First Four Books of CESAR'S COMMENTA. RIES; with an English Translation, as literal as possible, and large Explanatory Notes. The eighth edition. 12mo. 3s. bound. 51. SALLUST'S HISTORY of CATILINE'S CONSPIRACY, and the WAR with JUGURTHA; with an English Translation, as literal as possible, and large Explanatory Notes. COMPENDIUM of GEOGRAPHY; containing
a Short View of the Ancient and Modern States of the several Kingdoms of the World. A new edition. By the Rev. ROBERT GILLAN. 6s. boards.
Illustrated with Maps.
53. MAIR'S TYRO'S DICTIONARY, Latin and English; comprehending the more useful Primitives of the Latin Tongue, digested alphabetically, in the order of the Parts of Speech. To which are subjoined, in a smaller character, on the lower part of the page, Lists or Catalogues of their Derivatives and Compounds. Designed as an easy and speedy method of introducing Youth to a general acquaintance with the Structure of the Language, and preparing them for the use of a larger Dictionary. Eleventh edition. 12mo. 6s.
54 MOOR'S (Professor) GREEK GRAMMAR, with Fragmenta, by Professor DALZELL. New edition, now completed by Professor DUNBAR. 8vo. 6s. bound; or abridged, 12mo. 2s. 6d.
55. NOVUM TESTAMENTUM GRÆCE. To this new edition are prefixed the Readings which Griesbach considers genuine, and nearly 800 elliptical words subjoined at the bottom of the page. By A. DICKINSON. 12mo. 4s. 6d.
56. NOVELLE MORALI. New edition, much improved. 4s. 57. LE NOUVEAU TESTAMENT. 18mo. 3s. 6d. bound. 58. CORN. NEPOS. 18mo. ls. 3d. bound.
59. PLAYFAIR'S (Professor) ELEMENTS of GEOMETRY, 8vo. New edition, revised by Professor WALLACE.
60. ROBERTSON'S History of ANCIENT GREECE, from the earliest times, till it became a Roman Province. Ninth edition, corrected and improved, to which is prefixed a life of the Author. 1 vol. 12mo. 7s. boards.
61. QUINCTILIANUS de INSTIT. ORATORIÆ. 2 vols, finely printed, royal 18mo. 14s. boards.
62. RITCHIE'S CORDERY. 18mo. 63. RUDDIMAN'S LATIN RUDIMENTS. 12mo. 1s. 6d. 64. GRAMMAR. 12mo. 3s. 6d.
65. SCOT'S FRENCH RECUEIL. 12mo. 5s. bound. RUDIMENTS. 12mo. 5s.
Spelling, Pronouncing, and Explanatory DICTIONARY of the English Language. Square 12mo. 5s. bound. 68. SALLUSTIUS, cura HUNTER. 12mo, fine. 4s. bound. 69. SIMSON'S (R. of Glasgow) ELEMENTS of EUCLID. New edition, greatly improved by Mr CHRISTISON. 8vo. 8s. 70. TACITI OPERA, a CARSON.
Svo. 10s. bound.
71. TELEMAQUE, par Fenelon. 12mo. 4s. 6d. bound. 72. TERENTII COMEDIE, ex edit. Westerhovii. 18mo. 3s.
73. VIRGILII MARONIS BUCOLICA, GEORGICA, et AENEIS. 18mo. 2s. 6d.
in usum Delphini. 8vo. 10s. 6d.
75. XENOPHONTIS de CYRI INSTITUTIONE, Libri Octo. Ex recensione et cum Notis THOME HUTCHISON. A. M. 12s. bds.