« IndietroContinua »
BEAUCHAMP (WILLIAM M.). Names of New York. Svo, buckram, bound in.
Aboriginal Place original wrappers Albany, 1907
Interleaved copy, with manuscript notes. Autograph card from the author laid in.
BIBLE. The Holy Bible. Translated according to the Ebrewe and Greeke. Square 8vo, full black morocco, carmine edges.
Imprinted at London by Robert Barker, 1603 Fine copy of the "Breeches" Bible.
15. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the entire collection of the late Mr. John Allan. Some items priced in pencil. 8vo, boards, cloth back, uncut, original wrappers bound in. N. Y., 1864
16. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Books, Manuscripts and Engravings belonging to William Menzies. Prepared by Joseph Sabin. 8vo, half morocco, gilt top, uncut. N. Y., 1875 Very fine copy, with the printed prices bound in at the end.
17. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Library belonging to Mr. Thomas W. Field. [Compiled by Joseph Sabin.] 8vo, boards, uncut. N. Y. 1875
Printed prices bound in at the end.
18. BIBLIOGRAPHY. A Bibliography of Bibliography; or, a Handy Book about Books, which relate to Books. By Joseph Sabin. FIRST EDITION. 8vo, boards; roan back (rubbed). N. Y., 1877
19. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the American Library of the late Mr. George Brinley. The five parts and Index, with the printed prices, or priced in ink. Thick 8vo, sound half morocco, uncut. Hartford, 1878-1893
Fine, well-bound copy.
20. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Library of A. Oakey Hall. 8vo, half levant morocco, uncut, original wrappers bound in. N. Y. 1881
Partly priced in pencil. With bookplates of F. W. French and W. K. Bixby.
21. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Library of the late E. B. O'Callaghan. Portrait. 8vo, boards, cloth back, original wrappers bound in. N. Y. 1882
Neatly priced in ink. Rare Americana, and books on the early history of New York.
22. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Magnificent Library of the late Henry C. Murphy. Portrait. 8vo, half morocco (hinges weak), gilt top, uncut. N. Y. 1884
Neatly priced in ink, also printed prices bound in at the end. Americana, and books relating to America.
23. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Historical Nuggets. Bibliotheca Americana, or a Descriptive Account of my collection of Rare Books relating to America. By Henry Stevens. Vols. 1 and 2, and Vol. 3, part 1. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth, one in wrappers, uncut. London, 1862, 1885
24. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the American Library of the late S. L. M. Barlow, prepared by J. O. Wright. With a Biography by Henry Harrisse. Royal 8vo, buckram, gilt top, uncut. N. Y., 1889
With the printed prices bound in.
25. BIBLIOGRAPHY. A Collection of Rare Americana, including the remainder of the Notable Library of James Carson Brevoort. 8vo, boards, cloth back, uncut, original wrappers bound in. N. Y., 1890
Neatly priced in ink.
26. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Valuable Private Library of the late Charles Deane. Portrait. 2 parts in one volume. 8vo, cloth, uncut, original wrappers bound in. Boston, 1898
Priced. Rare Americana, Early Voyages and Discoveries, Indians, etc.
27. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Library of Robert Hoe. Illustrated with facsimiles. 4 vols, 8vo, buckram, original wrappers bound in. N. Y., 1911-12
With printed prices laid in each volume. One of a few sets specially bound. This set has many notes, buyer's names, etc., by Mr. Samson.
28. BIBLIOGRAPHY. David N. Carvalho Catalogues. Priced N. Y., 1911-1917; Source Books on American History (Harper), N. Y., 1914; First Editions of John Burroughs, with Prices; First Editions of Emerson, with Prices. 4 vols. 8vo and 4to. boards and paper.
29. BIBLIOGRAPHY. The Valuable Private Library of William R. Weeks, relating entirely to American History. Facsimiles. Royal 8vo, half roan, uncut, original wrappers bound in (hinges cracked). Phila. 1902
Scarce and important catalogue. Priced throughout in pencil, with many of the buyers' names.
30. BIBLIOGRAPHY. Catalogue of the Huth Collection of Printed Books and Illuminated Manscripts. With many colored and other illustrations. Parts 1-5. With printed prices. 5 vols. 8vo, wrappers. London, 1911-1916
31. BIBLIOGRAPHY. De Luxe Catalogue of the Art and Literary Treasures collected by the late General Brayton Ives. 4to, parchment boards. N. Y., 1915
2 copies, one of which is partly priced in pencil, with some names of buyers, and the other has the printed list of prices laid in.
32. BIBLIOGRAPHY of Burgoyne and the Battle of Saratoga. Gathered by Mr. Samson; Notes on Books relating to the Indians and N. Y. State. By Mr. Samson; N. Y. State and County Histories, with a list of books relating to Western N. Y.; Zine cut portrait of Red Jacket; Notes on books and Maps, gathered by Mr. Samson. 5 pieces.
BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. Announcement of the Society's forthcoming publication of Andre's Journal, with Letter relative to its Original Manuscript from Stevens & Brown to Mr. W. K. Bixby. 15pp. 4to, Japan paper sheets, stitched with silk. [Bost. 1903]
34. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. Facsimile of Letter by John Paul Jones written aboard the Ranger, Feb. 13, 1778, while at anchor in Quiberon Bay. 4to, wrappers.
Limited issue. In this letter, Jones arranged for the First National Salute ever given the American Flag in Europe.
35. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. The First and Last Journeys of Thoreau, lately discovered among his unpublished Journals and Manuscripts. Edited by Franklin Benjamin Sanborn. Engraved half-titles. 2 vols. 8vo, half calf, uncut.
Boston: Bibliophile Society, 1905
One of 489 copies. First edition of the first version of his account of his first voyage down the Merrimac River, Sept., 1839.
36. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. The Letters of Charles. Lamb. In which many of the mutilated words and passages have been restored to their original form, with letters never before published. Notes by Richard Garnett and E. V. Lucas. Title-page engraved on copper by E. D. French, etched portraits in two states by W. H. W. Bicknell and James Fagan, and 76 pages of facsimiles of autographs and manuscripts. 5 volumes; 1 vol. 4to, and 4 vols. royal 8vo, boards, uncut. Boston, 1905
Limited to 470 copies printed for members only. Extremely desirable for the Lamb collector as it contains letters and other material not otherwise obtainable. One of the finest of the Bibliophile Society publications.
37. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. The Romance of Mary W. Shelley, John Howard Payne and Washington Irving. Portrait and engraved title. 8vo, half calf, uncut.
Boston: Bibliophile Society, 1907
Edition limited to 470 copies. One of 10 copies presented by the Society to Mr. Bixby, and by him presented to Mr. Samson, with autograph inscription.
38. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. Portrait. 8vo, boards, uncut.
Seventh Year Book. Bost. 1908 Limited to 500 copies. Presentation copy from W. K. Bixby.
39. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. Burns (Robert). "The Geddes Burns. A photographic facsimile of the unique copy of the Edinburgh, 1787 edition, owned by John Geddes. 8vo, full calf, uncut. Bost. 1908
Edition limited to 473 copies.
40. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. The Eighth Year Book. Title-page designed and engraved by Wilcox. Royal 8vo, boards, uncut. Bost. 1909
Edition limited to 500 copies.
41. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. Facsimile. 8vo, boards, uncut.
Printed for members only.
Ninth Year Book.
42. BIBLIOPHILE Browning (Elizabeth Barrett). The Poet's Enchiridion, Address to Uvedale Price, An Invocation to Sleep, Catarina to Camoens. 8vo, boards, vellum back, gilt top, uncut. Bost. 1914
Limited edition for members only.
43. BIOGRAPHY. Appleton's Cyclopedia of American Biography. Edited by James Grant Wilson and John Fiske. Revised Edition. Portraits and facsimile signatures. 6 vols. royal 8vo buckram. N. Y. v. d.
44. BOHN (HENRY G., Editor). A Dictionary of Quotations from the English Poets. 8vo, full crimson levant morocco, doublures and end leaves of russia, gilt top, uncut, by Zaehnsdorf. Lond.; Privately printed, 1867
The Hoe copy.
45. BONNECHOSE (CHARLES DE). Montcalm et le Canada Francais. Essai Historique. Portrait and 2 maps. 12mo, cloth, uncut. Paris, 1878
46. BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS. Famous Books (Adams), London, n.d.; The Building of a Book (Hitchcock), N. Y., n.d.; Books and Printing (Jacobi), London, 1903; A History of Booksellers (Curwen), London, n.d. 4 vols. 12mo and 8vo, cloth.
47. BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS. Book Auctions in England (Lawler), London, 1898; How to make an Index. (Wheatley), London, 1902; The Story of some Famous. Books (Saunders), London, 1887, and others. 6 vols. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
48. BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS. Edited by Alfred W. Pollard. Numerous portraits, facsimiles, initial letters, etc. 6 vols, 8vo, buckram, uncut. London, 1893-4
Complete set: Early illustrated books manuscript (Madan); Early printed books of books (Horne); Book Plates (Hardy); lectors (Elton).
(Pollard); Books in (Duff); The Binding The Great book col
49. BOOKS ABOUT BOOKS. Gleanings in Old Garden Literature (Hazlitt), London, 1904; Walton and the Earlier Fishing Writers (Marston), London, 1903; How to Form a Library (Wheatley), London, 1902, and others. 8 vols. 12mo, boards, buckram backs.
BOOK of Games; or a History of Juvenile Sports. Phila. 1811; Natural History of Fishes. Alnwick, n.d. Natural History of Reptiles. Alnwick, n.d. and others. Illustrated with early woodcuts and copper-plates. 5 vols. 12mo, boards and wrappers.
51. BRADDOCK (EDWARD). Washington's First Campaign, Death of Jumonville, and the Taking of Fort Necessity; also, Braddock's Defeat. Map of Braddock's Route. 8vo, wrappers. Pittsburgh, 1848
A rare pamphlet.
52. BRADDOCK (EDWARD). The History of an Expedition against Fort du Quesne, in 1755. Edited from the original_Manuscripts by Winthrop Sargent. Maps and views. Royal 8vo, cloth (erasure on title). Phila. 1856
Being Volume 5 of the Memoirs of the Hist. Society of Penn.
53. BRADFORD (THOMAS LINDSLEY). The Bibliographer's Manual of American History. Containing an Account of all State, Territory, Town and County Histories Relating to the United States. Edited and Revised by Stan. V. Henkels. 5 vols. royal 8vo, cloth, gilt tops, uncut. Phila. 1907