« IndietroContinua »
Miscellaneous Tracts. 1 vol. 8ro. containing,
1, 2. Hey's (Dr. Richard) Prize Dissertations on Duelling and Suicide. . . Camb. 17%*-5
3. Clark's (John) Letter, &c. on the late Mutinies in the Highland Regiments. Edin. 1779
4. Burke's (E.) Speech, Sept. 1780, on plan for better securing the Independence of Parliament Load. 1780
5. Eden's (William, afterwards Lord Auckland,) Four Letters to Lord Carlisle. . Edin. 1779
6. Several Seats in Parliament to be had Gratis. (Religious Tract.) . . . ib. 1774
7. Young's (Professor John) Criticism on Gray's Elegy, &c. (With MS. note.) . Load. 1784 Political Tracts. 1 thick vol. 12mo. containing,
1. Magna Charts, &c. from the Invasion of Julius Caesar, to the present time. Wrote by Dr. Samuel
Johnson. ...... repr. Edin. 1794
2. Thoughts on the Impiety and Anarchy of the French Nation, &c. . . . i6. 1794
3. Proceedings of Public Meeting at Sheffield, 7th April 1794, &c. . . Sheff. 1794 4,5. Paine's (Thomas) Rights of Man. 2 Parts. .... Lond. 1792
6. Age of Reason. ....... 16. 1794
7. Rotherham's (Rev. John) Essay on Human Liberty. . . . Newcastle, 1782
8. Barclay's (James) Patriot displayed. An Oration, &c. for Anti. Gallicans. . Land. 1750 Poetical Pieces. 1 vol. 8vo. containing.
1. Benson's (William) Letters on Poetical Translations. ib. 1739
2,3. Pope's First and Second Epistles of 2d Book of Horace imitated. . . ib. 1737
4. Fordyce's (Dr.) Art of Preaching, in imitation of Horace. ib. 1738
5. Whitehead's ( ) Manners, a Satire. . . ... i6. 1739
6. Pope's Essay on Man. Epistles 1,2, 3,4. . . . . ib. 1733-4
7. Man of Honour, a Poem. ...... ft. 1737
8. Essay on Design and Beauty. ...... Edin. 1739
9. Leslie's (Charles) Fall of Virtue, or the Iron Age, a Poem . . . 16. 1738
10. Hamilton's (W.) Three Odes, with the Miss and the Butterfly, a Fable, in imitation of Gay. to. 1739
11. Tears of the Muses. To the Memory of Viscountess Storm out. . . i6. 1736
12. The Beast's Confession to his Priest, by J. S. D. S. P. 2d edit. . repr. Load. 1738
13. Dialogue, &c. between the Knight and his Man John. ib.
14. Mendico-IIymen ; or the Beggar's Match. From the Latin . . . ib. 1724
15. Ode to His Royal Highness on his Birth-Day. . . . .no title or date. Poetical and other Pieces. 1 vol. sm. 8vo. containing,
1. Narrative Sketches of Conquest of Mysore. 2d edit. .... Lond. 1800
(Companion to Ker Porter's Picture.i
2. Miss Kitty ; a Parody on Lenora, with Mr. Taylor's version opposite. . . Edin. 1797
3. Burger's (G. A.) Hussar of Magdeburg. Ballad, translated by J. F. Denovan. . ib. 1800
4. Goethe's (J. W. von) White Rose of Vilna. Translated by do. . . to. 1800
5. Short Account of Ancient Chivalry, and Description of Armour, by T. H. T. . Lond.
6. Heron's (Robert) St. Kilda in Edinburgh, &c. a Comic Drama. . . Edin. 1798 Political Tracts. 1 vol. 8co. containing,
1. Dillon's (J. G.) Considerations on Royal Marriage Act 2d edit. . Lond. 1811
2. Question as to Renewal of E. I. Company's Monopoly. . . Edin. 1812
3. Prentice's (David) Thoughts on Repeal of Bank Restriction Law. . . Lond. 1811
4. Argument of the Foxiad, an Historical Poem. ft, 1803
5. Sketch of the Politicks of the Edinburgh Reviewers in 1807. . . . t6. 1807
6. Key to the Orders in Council. ...... ft. 1812 Political Pamphlets. 1 vol. 8vo. containing,
1. Ballantyne's (James) Retrospect of Public Events of 1813. . . . £tfiu. 1814
2. Canning's (George) Speech on the Address, 29th Jan. 1817. . . . Lond. 1817
3. Address to Inhabitants of Scotland on threatened Invasion. . . . Edin. 1803
4. Causes and Character of late War with Great Britain, by the American Government, \2thedit. Lond.1815
5. Santini's Appeal, &c . on the Treatment of Napoleon, id edit. , ft. 1817
6. Letter to a Noble Lord on the present Situation of France and Europe. . ft. 1815
7. Trotter's (J. B.) Five Letters to Smyth, on Catholic Relief, &c . id edit. Lhtb. 1813
8. Narrative of Events in the Island of Ceylon, ftc. . . Lond. 1815 Political Pamphlets. 1 vol. 8co. containing,
1. Croker's (J. W.) Speech on Charges against the Duke of York. . . ib. 1809
2. Vaughan's (Right Hon. Charles R.) Narrative of Siege of Saragossa. 2d edit. . A. 1809
3. Vindication of William Pitt, from Calumnies of Edinburgh Review. . . Edin. 1810
4. Huskisson's (William) Question respecting Depreciation of the Currency. . Lond. 1810
5. Canning's (George) Two Speeches on Bullion Report. . . . ft. 1811
Sm Lirx, vol. ii. p. 340.
6. Moore's (Thomas) Letter to Roman Catholics of Dublin. . . Dub. 1810
7. Croker's (J. W.) Sketch of State of Ireland. 4tt edit. ft. 1808 Three Tracts. 1 vol. 8vo. containing,
1. Suggestions, &c . on Wellington Testimonial. .... ft. 1815
2. Dickson's (Dr. William) Hints, &c . on the present Crisis. . . . Edin. 1803
3. Coronation Ceremony of Buonaparte. ..... Lund. 1804
Irish Tracts. 1 vol. 8co. containing,
1. Lawson's (Ed.) State of Irish Inland Navigation. .... Dub. 1810
2. Barnes's (George) Statistical Account of Ireland. . . . . to. 1811
3. Croker's (J. W.) Sketch of State of Ireland. 5thedit. . . . a. 1810
Sec Prose Works, rol. ii. p. 271.
4. Discourse on the propriety of arresting the Catholic Delegates. . . *6. 1811
5. Webb's (William) Legend of Cathleen and Kevin, a Poem. . . ft. 1812
6. Lawson's (Ed.) Report, &c. on the Records of Ireland. . . . ib. 1811
7. Swift's (Theophilus) Correspondence with Rev. Dr. Dobbin. . . . A. 1811
8. Wellesley Pole's (Lord Maryborough) Speech on the State of Ireland. . . ft. 1812
Dublin Pamphlets. 1 vol. 8vo. containing,
1,2. Rules relative to Stove Tenter House, and State of the Liberty Weavers, 1809, &c. fol . broadsides.
3. Weekly Gazette, 28th September 1816. folded.
4. Speech of Counsellor Philips on Trial for Crim. Con. Creighton v. Townshead. . Dub. 1816
5. Report of Meath Hospital for 1812. . . . . A. 1814 ft. Kearney's (Richard) Plan for Payment of National Debt . . . ft. 1816
7. Report of Trial, Magee r. O'Gorman. ..... ft. 1815
8. Speech of Counsellor North for Plaintiff in preceding Action. . . . ft. 1815
9. Calumny confuted: Speech vindicating Charles Philips against Quarterly Review. ft. 1817
10. Prudence, True Patriotism: Exposure of Catholic Directory. . . ft. 1817
11. First Report of Edinburgh Society for Promoting Education in Ireland. . . Edin. 1815
12. Faction Unmask'd: Letter on Conduct of Catholic Junto. . . . Dub. 1815 Report of the Committee of Seerecy of House of Commons of Ireland, March 1799, (on the
Plans of the United Irishmen.) 8vo. . . . Lond. 1799
Thomson's (of Edinburgh) New Travelling Map of Ireland, on canvass, in case.
Hall's (Sidney) Small Map of the County of Wicklow, 1822, on canvass, in case.
O'Flaherty's (Roderic) Ogygia: a Chronological Account of Irish Events, &c. Translated
from the Latin, by Rev. James Hely. 2 vols. 8vo. . . . Dub. 1793
See Poetical Works, vol. ix. p. 184 ; Prose Works, vol. xx. p. 305.
Ogygia Vindicated against the Objections of Sir George Mackenzie, &c.; with Dissertation and Notes, by C. O'Conor, Esq. 8vo. . . . . . ib. 1775
Wynne's (J. H.) General History of Ireland, to the Death of William III. new edit. 2 vols. 8vo. ........ Land. 1773
Hay's (Edw.) History of the Insurrection of the County of Wexford in 1798. 8vo. Dub. 1803
Musgrave's (Sir Richard) Memoirs of the different Rebellions in Ireland, &c. including that of 1798. 3d edit. 2 vols. 8vo. ...... ib. 1802
Plowden's (Francis) History of Ireland, from its Invasion under Henry II. to its Union with Great Britain. 2 vols. 8vo. ..... Lond. 1812
From its Union with Great Britain in January 1801, to October 1810. 3 vols. 8vo.
Parsons's (Sir Lawrence, now Earl of Rosse,) Observations on Mr. Flood's Bequest to Trinity College, Dublin; and Defence of Ancient Irish History. 8co. . . ib. 1795
Smith's (Dr. Charles) Ancient and Present State of the County and City of Cork. 2 vols. 8co.
Ancient and Present State of the County of Kerry. 8vo. . . ib. 1756
Ancient and Present State of the County and City of Waterford. 2d edit. 8vo. ib. 1774
Harris's (Walter) Ancient and Present State of the County of Down. 8vo. . ib, 1757 Sketches in Ireland: Deseription of interesting and hitherto unnoticed Districts in the North
and South, sm. 8vo. . . . . . . ib. 1827
Smith's (Geo. Nelson) Killarney and the surrounding Scenery, being a complete Itinerary of
the Lakes. 8vo. . . . . . . * . ib. 1822
Fitzpatrick's (P. V.) Thaumaturgus, (a Poem.) sm. 8vo. . . . ib. 1828
Adair's (James) Bride of Randal Graham, a Poem. 12mo. . . Belfast, 1831
Young's (Arthur) Tour in Ireland, (1776-79.) 2 vols. 8oo. . . Dub. 1780
Townsend's (Rev. Horatio) General and Statistical Survey of the County of Cork. 2d edit.
2 vols. 8vo. ........ Cork, 1815
Post Chaise Companion, or Traveller's Directory through Ireland. 3d edit. 8vo. Dub. 1803 Richardson's (Rev. Dr. William) Letters on the Basaltic Productions, &c. of the County of
Antrim. 8vo. . . . . . . . . ib. 1811 Leland's (Rev. Dr. Thomas) History of Ireland, from the Invasion of Henry II. new edit.
3 vols. Svo. ....... Dub. 1815
Gordon's (Rev. Dr. James) History of Ireland, &c. to the Union with Great Britain in 1801.
2 vols. 8co. ......... ib. 1805
Grattan, (Right Hon. H.)Speeches of. With Prefatory Observations. Vol.1, royal Svo. ib. 1811 Digest of the Evidence taken before Select Parliamentary Committees on the State of Ireland
in 1824-5. With Notes, &c. By Rev. W. Phelan, and Mort. O'Sullivan. Part 1. Svo.
Mason's (W. Shaw) Bibliotheca Hibemicana; or Deseriptive Catalogue of a Select Irish Library, collected for the Right Hon. Sir Robert Peel, &c. Privately printed. 8vo. Dub. 1823 Transactions of the Gaelic Society of Dublin, vol. 1, Svo. . . . ib. 1808
Betham's (Sir William) Irish Antiquarian Researches. vol. 1, 8vo. . . ib. 1827
Hardiman's (James) Irish Minstrelsy; or Bardic Remains of Ireland. With English Poetical Translations. 2 vols. Svo. ...... Lond. 1831
Transactions of the Cymmrodorion, or Metropolitan Cambrian Institution. Vol. I. Svo. ib. 1822 Faden's Plan of London, Westminster, and Southwark, on canvass, in case. . ib. 1797
Map of Country 20 miles round London, on canvass, in case. . . ib. 1800
Mogg's Plan of London, &c. 5th edit, on canvass, in case. . . . ti. 1825 Map of Country 24 miles round London, on canvass, in case. . . ib. 1821
Constable's Miscellany of Original and Selected Publications: containing,
Vol. 1,2,3. Hall's (Captain Basil) Voyage to Loo-Choo, &c . in 1816; and Extracts from Journal in Chili, Peru, and Mexico, in 1820, 1821, and 1822. 3 vols. 18mo. Fine Paper. Edin. 1827
4. Adventures of British Seamen in Southern Ocean. 18mo. . . . A. 1827
5. Rochejacquclein's (Marchioness of) Memoirs, &c. With Preface by Sir W. Scott. 18rao. ft. 1827 42. Chambers's (Robert) History of Rebellions in Scotland under Viscount Dundee and Earl of Mar,
in 1689 and 1715. l8mo. ...... ib. 1829
15,16. History of Rebellion 1745-6. 2 vols. l8mo. . . . . ft. 1827
18, 19. Schiller's (Fred.) History of Thirty Years' War. Translated by Prof. Moir. 2 vols. 18mo.
20. Thomson's (R.) Historical View of British Manners and Customs, &c. 2 vols. 18mo. ib. 1828
Murray's Family Library.
No. 1, 2. Lockhart's (J. G.) Life of Napoleon. 2 vols. 18mo. . . . LuU. 1829
3. Williams's (Rev. John) Life, &c. of Alexander the Great. 18mo. . . ft. 1829
5,6,7. Milman's (Rev. H. H.) History of the Jews. 3vols.l8mo. . . . ft. 1829
8. Lockhart's (J. G.) Court and Camp of Buonaparte. 18mo. . . . ft. 1829 11, 18. Irving's (Washington) Life and Voyages of Columbus; and Voyages and Discoveries of Companions
of Columbus. 18mo. . . . . . . .ft. 1830-1
14. Lives of British Physicians. 18mo. , ft. 1830
15. Head's (Sir Francis B.) Life of Bruce, the Abyssinian Traveller. 18mo. . . ft. 1830 24. Brewster's (Sir David) Life of Sir Isaac Newton. Wmo. . . ft. 1831 PRESS L.
MISCELLANIES; PHILOLOGICAL WORKS; MODERN VOYAGES AND TRAVELS;
The Spectator. 8 vols. 8vo. .... Lond. Tonaon, 1757
The Tatler. A New EditioD. With Illustrations and Notes, Historical, Biographical, and
Critical. (By J. Nichols.) 6 vols. cr. 8vo. ..... ib. 1786
See Prose Works, vol. ii. p. 32, &c. [
The Englishman; being the Sequel of the Guardian. \2mo. . . ib. 1714
Mortimer's (Thomas) Students'Pocket Dictionary, &c. \2mo. . . ib. 1777
The Moral Miscellany. Select Pieces in Prose and Verse. ith edit. . . ib. 1773
The Historical Miscellany. 2d edit. \2mo. ..... ib. 1772
Behn's (Mrs.) Love Letters between a Nobleman and his Sister. (Ford, Lord Grey, and the
Countess of Berkely.) ith edit. 8vo. . . . . . ib. 1712
Rowe's (Mrs. Eliz.) Friendship in Death, in Twenty Letters from the Dead to the Living.
8so. .......... 1740
See Lipk, vol. v. p. 26.
Sismondi's (J. C. L. Simonde do) Historical View of the Literature of the South of Europe.
Translated by Thomas Roscoe. 4 vols. 8vo. . . . . . ib. 1823
Bouterwek's (Fred.) History of Spanish and Portuguese Literature. Translated from the
German by Thomasina Ross. 2 vols. 8vo. . . . . . ib. 1823
Garces, (D. Gregerio) Fundamento del Vigor y Elegancia de la Lengua Cas tell ana, en el uso
dc sus Particulas, &c. 2tom.in1. »w. 4/o. ... . Mad. 1791
Harris's (James) Philological Inquiries. 2 vols. 8vo. . . . Lond. 1781
Tooke's (John Horne) EIIEA IITEPOENTA: or the Diversions of Purley. new edit, with
numerous additions ; revised and corrected by Richard Taylor. 2 vols. 8vo. . ib. 1829 Gate to the Hebrew, Arabie, and Syriae, unlocked by a new and easy method of acquiring the
Accidence. 8vo. . . . . . . . ib. 1828
Surenne's (Gab.) Practical Grammar of French Rhetoric. 8vo. . . Edin. 1824
Leclere's (Theod.) Course of the French Language, &c. 8vo. . ... ib. 1829
Baretti's (Jos.) Italian and English, and English and Italian Dictionary. 6th edit. 2 vols. 8vo.
Spanish and English, and English and Spanish Dictionary. new edit. 2 vols. 8vo. ib. 1809
Neuman's (H.) Dictionary of the Spanish and English Languages. 2d edit. 2 vols. 8vo. ib. 1809 Cormon, (J. L. B.) Dictionnaire portatif Espagnol-Français, et Français-Espagnol. 2 vols. 8vo.