« IndietroContinua »
✓ 153. HUMOROUS ETCHINGS. The Sayings of the Ancients illustrated by the Doings of the Moderns. 24 highly humorous etchings (on 6 plates). [By William Heath.] ] Oblong folio, half morocco. Plates laid down on heavy paper, with original wrappers preserved. Original edn. Scarce.
Lond., n. d. 7 154. HUNGARY
154. HUNGARY. The Illustrated History of Hungary and the Magyars. By E. L. Godkin. Must. Royal 8vo, cloth.
Lond. 1853 155. HYMNALS. Spiritual Songs, Ancient and Modern;v Pearce's Hymn Music; and others. 9 vols. 156. ILLUSTRATED BOOKS. Sketches Abroad with
Pen and Pencil. By Felix 0. C. Darley. FIRST EDN. Ilust. by Darley, etc. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1868
157. The Church's Floral Kalendar. With illuminations and chromo-lithographs by W. R. Tymms. Square 8vo, original cloth, gilt edges.
Lond. (ca. 1860] 158. Common Wayside Flowers. By Thomas Miller. With numerous charming illusts, in color by Birket Foster. 8vo, cloth extra.
Lond. 1860 159. Sabbath Bells Chimed by the Poets. With the series of charming illusts., in color, by Birket Foster and others. 8vo, full calf antique
[Lond., ca. 1860] 160. Spanish Pictures drawn with pen and pencil, illust. by Doré and others, Lond.; Golden Thoughts from Golden Fountains, illust. after Wolf, Houghton and others. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth extra.
Lond. 161. The Illustrated Book of Sacred Poems, edited by Robert H. Baynes, illust. by Selous, Leitch, and others; Song Pilgrimage Round the World, by Philip Phillips, fully illust. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth extra.
Lond., etc. 162. -- Ornaments of Memory, numerous fine full-page steel plates, N. Y. 1855; Home Fairies and Heart Flowers, studies of children's heads, with floral embellishments, by Frank French, N: Y. 1887. 2 vols. 4to, original cloth.
163. The Spirit of Praise, a Collection of Ilymns, old and new, illust. by eminent artists, and with numerous ornate initials, etc., Lond.; Nature and Poems, Poems and Pictures from the best Authors and Artists (etchings after Rajon, Moran, Gifford, etc.), Bost. 1882. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth extra.
164. Christian Ballads, by Arthur C. Coxe, illust., full morocco, N. Y. 1865; The Book of Celebrated Poems, illust. by 80 engravings after Cope, Kenny Meadows, etc., Lond. 1854. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth extra.
165. ILLUSTRATED BOOKS. Pen and Pencil, by Mrs.
Balmanno (illustrative of famous scenes in English history, E X etc., etc., N. Y. 1858); The Seasons, by James Thomson,
illust. by Birket Foster and others, N. Y. 1859. 2 vols. full
The Book of Job, 50 illusts. by John Gilbert, Lond. 1857; Rhymes and Roundelayes in Praise of a Country Life, with numerous charming illusts. by Birket Foster and others, Lond. 1858; and another, similar. 3 vols. 8vo, cloth extra.
Home Thoughts and Home Scenes, illust., Bost. (ca. 1865] (pp. loose); The Art Journal for 1877, with numerous fine steel plates; and another. 3 vols. royal 4to, etc. 169. —Sketches in Water-colors, by Various Artists, numerous colored plates, 4to, cloth (2 copies), Lond. [ca. 1880]; The Great Painters' Gospel, pictures representing scenes in the life of Christ (Bailey), Bost. 1900. 3 vols. 4to, cloth.
Philadelphia and Notable Philadelphians, by Moses King, numerous portraits, etc., 1902; Opera Singers [Kobbé], numerous portraits, N. 'Y. 1901; The Little I Saw of Cuba [McIntosh], illust., 1899; and others. 7 vols. folio, etc.
✓ 171. INDIANS. Seven and Nine Years among the CoY
manches and Apaches [by E. Eastman), illust., Jersey City, 1879; Life and Memoirs of J. C. Fremont; Life of Zachary Taylor, illust. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth (bindings poor).
172. INSECTS. The Honey Ants of the Garden of the
Gods and the Occident Ants of the American Plains, by 'EX
H. C. McCook, plates, Phil. 1882; Dragon Flies vs. Mosquitoes, Introduction by Robt. H. Lamborn, colored front. and plates, N. Y. 1890.2 vols. 8vo, cloth.
173. IRVING (WASHINGTON). Wolfert's Roost. FIRST Bausa EDN. EDN. Front. and vignette title by Darley. Post 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1855 174. The Works of Irving, including the Life of (EL Washington. Some vols. illust. 10 vols. thick 12mo, cloth.
1 175. JAPANESE PLAYS AND PLAYFELLOWS. By
Osman Edwards. 12 full-page colored plates by Japanese artists. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
N. Y. 1901 176. JEAFFRESON (JNO. CORDY). A Book about the
✓ Table. ? vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut (one vol. loose in covers).
Lond. 1975 199. JEFFERIES (RICHARD). Nature and Eternity, with other uncollected Papers. One of 425 copies printed on Japan vellum. 16 mo. Portland, Me.: Mosher, 1902 198. JEWISH AND CHRISTIAN HISTORY. Bible Narrative and Jewish History, etc. Illust. 3 vols. post 8vo, cloth.
EATS AND SEVERN. The Life and Letters of
Joseph Severn. By Wm. Sharp. Portraits, facsimiles of drawings by Severn, and Letters, etc., of Keats, Leigh Hunt and others. Royal 8vo, original buckram, gilt top edge.
N. Y. 1892 180. KELLY (MICHAEL-of the King's Theatre, etc.). Reminiscences of, with Anecdotes of Distinguished Per
FIRST EDN. Portrait. 2 vols. 8vo, half morocco (titles a little soiled).
Lond. 1826 ✓ 181. KING (MARY PERRY). Comfort and Exercise, an Essay toward Normal Conduct, cloth, Bost. 1900; The Basis of Beauty, wrappers, N. Y. 1901. 2 vols.
182. [KING (WILLIAM).] The Art of Cookery, in imitation of Horace's Art of Poetry-humbly inscribed to the Hon. Beef Steak Club. 8vo, half calf (a few pp wormed).
With bookplate of R. Le Gallienne. Lond. (circa 1720] ✓ 183. KNIGHT (CHARLES). The Popular History of 1 England. Illust. 9 vols. 12mo, cloth.
N. Y., n. d.
AKE CHAMPLAIN and its Shores [Murray],
1890; Round the Globe in Old and New Paths [M'Collester], Bost. 1890; A Year in the Great Republic [ Bates), 2 vols., Lond. 1887; and others. 8 vols. cloth. . 185. LAMB (CHAS.)
Works. With Life by T. N. Talfourd. 8vo, calf (slightly rubbed).
Lond. : Moxon, 1842 186. Poetical Works. Engraved portrait, vignette title and full-page plates. Post 8vo, full red morocco, gilt, gilt edges.
Phil. 1858 187. Works. Portrait. 5 invols. Post Svo, half calf, gilt.
N. Y. 1885
V188. LE GALLIENNE (RICHARD). Limited edns. A llow Prose Fancy: Together with Confessio Amantis, a Sonnet. 12mo, limp boards, uncut. Lond.: Privately printed, 1893
One of a few copies on hand-made paper. Scarce. 189. Rudyard Kipling: a Criticism. With a Bibliography by Jno. Lane.
FIRST EDN. Portrait. Post 8vo, cloth, uncut.
Lond. 1900 The Cry of the Little Peoples. 16 mo, wrappers, pp. 8.
n. p., n. d. One of a few copies privately printed at the Roycroft Press. | 191. LITERARY HOURS; or, Sketches Critical, NarraGEX tive and Poetical. By Nathan Drake, M.D. 3 vols. 12mo, half calf (name on title).
1193. LITTLE MEMOIRS OF THE NINETEENTH
torical Descriptions by W. Gaspey. Numerous fine steel (EX
plates. 2 vols. (also 2 imperfect vols. of the same), 12mo, half calf (as a lot, not returnable). Lond. [circa 1853]
195. — Old and New London, by Walter Thornbury, 2 vols. (1 and 2 only); and Greater London, by Edward Walford, Vol. 1 only (5 copies). Hundreds of illusts. 7 vols. tbick royal 8vo, cloth.
Lond. : Cassell V 196. LONGFELLOW (H. W.) The Song of Hiawatha. Bauh FIRST EDN. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
Bost. 1855 ✓ 197. - Tales of a Wayside Inn; The New England Tragedies; The Divine Tragedy. FIRST EDNS. (two first poor). 3 vols. 12mo, cloth.
Bost. 1863-71 The Divine Tragedy. FIRST EDN. LARGE PAPER. 8vo, cloth, gilt edges.
Bost. 1871 199. —- The Divine Tragedy; The Masque of Pandora. FIRST EDNS. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
Bost. 1871-75 200. LOVE-STORY MASTERPIECES. By Geo. Meredith, R. L. Stevenson, D. G. Mitchell, and 0. W. Holmes. Chosen by R. A. Lyon. Post 8vo, cloth and boards, uncut.
201. (LOWELL (J. R)] The Boston Miscellany of Literature and Fashion. Edited by Nathan Hale, Jr. (Vol. II., July-Dec, 1842, with two original Poems by Lowell and a Review of Griswold's “ Poets of America,” by Poe.) Plates (some colored). Royal 8vo, half bound. Bost. 1842 202. LYTTON (LORD). “My Novel " or, Varieties in English Life. 4 vols. post 8vo, cloth, uncut. Edinburgh,1853
203. MABIE (HAMILTON WRIGHT). Short Studies hthe
in Literature. 12mo, paper. (10 copies, as a lot.)
N. Y. 1892 204. MACAULAY (THOMAS B.) Critical, Historical, v (EL
and Miscellaneous Essays. Portraits. 3 vols. thick 12mo, cloth.
N.Y. [recent] 205. MACLEOD (FIONA). From the Hills of Dream. V Ken FIRST EDN. 12mo, limp parchment. Printed on Van Gelder paper. .
Portland, Me.: Mosher, 1901 206. MALONE (WALTER). Songs of North and South. Presentation copy from author to R. Le Gallienne, with book-label. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
Louisville, 1900 207. MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS. The Love Affairs of. By Martin Hume. Portraits. Thick 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. (Lond.] 1903 ✓208. MEDICAL. Rational Hydrotheropy: a Manual of ✓
Physiological and Therapeutic Effects of Hydriatic ProcedCEL
ures and the Technique of their Application. By J. H. Kellogg. 293 illusts. in 18 colors. Thick 8vo, cloth.
Phil. 1903 ✓
209. -Richerand's Physiology; Roget's Physiology hthi and Phrenology; Maisch’s Materia Medica; and others.
210. MEREDITH'S The Pilgrim's Scrip, leather, privately printed, N.Y.1903; The Cynic's Calendar for 1905 by Oliver Herford and others, San Francisco, 1905; Legends and Lyrics, by Adelaide Procter (stamp on title, bookplate of R. Le Gallienne), portrait, Lond. 1892; A Country Muse, First Series, by Norman Gale, Chicago, 1894; Life of Sir Thomas Bodley, privately printed, portrait, hand-made paper, Lond. 1894; Noll and the Fairies, by Hervey White, illust., Chicago, 1903. 6 vols. ✓ 211. METASTASIO (PIETRO), Opere, portrait, 15 vols.,
In Vizza, 1785; Lettere del Pietro Metastasio, 5 vols., 1786; Sts
Osservazioni di vari Letterati sopra i Drammi del Metastasio, 2 vols., 1785. Together 22 vols. 12mo, old calf, gilt.