« IndietroContinua »
1. ACROSS RUSSIA from the Baltic to the Danube. [Stoddard], illusts., 1892; Central Africa, Japan, and Fiji [Pitman], illust.; The Russian Church and Russian Dissent [Heard], 1887; and others. 10 vols.
2. ADAMS (BROOKS). The Law of Civilization and Decay: an Essay on History. 8vo, original cloth.
3. ADAMS AND JEFFERSON. An Eulogy on John ✔ Adams and Thomas Jefferson: pronounced by request of the Common Council of Albany, Monday, July 31, 1826. By W. Alex. Duer. 8vo, sewn. Albany, 1826
4. AFRICA. A Narrative of the Expedition to the River Niger in 1841. By Capt. Wm. Allen and T. R. H. Thomson. Numerous full-page and folding plates. 2 vols. 8vo, Lond. 1848
√5. AFRICAN EXPLORATION. Livingstone (DavidMissionary). Travels and Researches in South Africa; Last Journals of David Livingstone in Central Africa. Both copiously illust. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1858-'75
6. Journal of the Discovery of the Source of the Nile, by J. H. Speke, numerous illusts., N. Y. 1864; Exploration of the Nile Tributaries of Abyssinia, by Sir S. W. Baker, numerous illusts., Hartford, 1868. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth.
7. AGASSIZ (ALEX.) Three Cruises of the United ✔ States Coast and Geodetic Survey Steamer "Blake" in the Gulf of Mexico, in the Caribbean Sea, and along the Atlantic Coast of the United States, 1877-80. Folding COLORED maps and numerous other illusts. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1888 A. L. S., from the author, inserted, referring to an error in the book.
✓ 8. AGASSIZ (LOUIS). His Life and Correspondence. ✔ Edited by Eliz. C. Agassiz. Portraits. 2 vols. post 8vo, Bost. 1886
✔ 9. AGRICULTURAL ANALYSIS. By Frank T. Addy-✔ man. Illust. Post 8vo, cloth (underscored with blue pencil). Lond. 1893
10. AGRICULTURAL BOTANY: Theoretical and Practical. By John Percival. Illust. Thick post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1900
✓11. AGRICULTURAL CHEMISTRY. Ingle (H.) Manual
12. AGRICULTURE. Muir's Agriculture, Practical and Scientific; James' Practical Agriculture; First Principles of Agriculture [Voorhees]. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
13. ALDEN (W. L.) The Cruise of the "Ghost," 1881, illust.; Shooting Stars, 1878, illust. Both FIRST EDNS. vols. 16mo, cloth.
✓ 14. ALDINE. Statius. Statii sylvarum libri quinque, Theodiados libri duodecim Achilleidos duo (cum) Orthographia. 12mo, full red morocco, gilt edges. Fine copy of the first edn. Venetiis, 1502
✓ 15. ALLEN (JOSEPH HENRY). An Historical Sketch
16. ALMANACKS. Phillips' United States Diary; or, Almanack for 1796 and 1798. 2 vols. crown 8vo, unbound (stained and slightly defective).
Warren (R. I.): N. Phillips [1796-98] ✓ 17. AMERICANA. The Pioneers of Utica: Sketches of its Inhabitants, etc., from the Earliest Settlement. By M. M. Bagg. Portraits and views. Thick 8vo, original cloth. Utica, 1877
√18. Letters from an American Farmer (through New
20. AMERICAN AUTHORS. The Knickerbocker Gallery: a Testimonial to the Editor of the Knickerbocker Magazine from its Contributors. 49 engraved portraits of American authors, including IRVING, HOLMES, BRYANT, LONGFELLOW, and FIELDS. Square 8vo, original embossed morocco, with gilt view of Knickerbocker cottage on side (spotted in places, and name on engraved title). N. Y. 1855 There is a portrait of G. W. Curtis, although it is not indicated in the list.
21. AMERICAN CITIZEN'S (THE) SURE GUIDE: a Collection of most important State Papers (including the Census of 1800, Tariffs, U. S. Treaties, etc., etc.). 16mo, sheep. Portsmouth: for Chas. Pierce, 1804
✔22. AMERICAN DIPLOMACY. Foster (John W.) A
23. AMERICAN DIPLOMACY IN THE ORIENT. By John W. Foster. 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1903 ✓ 24. AMERICAN FUNGI. One Thousand American Fungi-Toadstools, Mushrooms, etc. Edible and Poisonous. By Chas. McIlvaine and R. K. Macadam. Full Botanical Descriptions, and hundreds of plates and cuts, some colored. 4to, cloth. Indianapolis  Wendell (Prof. Bar
25. AMERICAN LITERATURE.
28. AMERICAN NAVY. The Nation's Navy. Our Ships and their Achievements. By Chas. Morris. Map and numerous illusts. Post 8vo, cloth. Phil. 1898
30. AMERICAN REPTILES. Cope (E. D.) The Crocodilians, Lizards and Snakes of North America. Illusts. 8vo, cloth (name and date stamp on title).
Smithsonian Institute Report, 1898
31. AMERICAN REVOLUTION (THE). By Sir Geo. O. Trevelyan. Maps. 2 in 3 vols. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1899-1903
32. AMERICAN SHIPPING. Marvin (Winthrop L.) The American Merchant Marine: its History and Romance from 1620 to 1902. Post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1902 33. AMERICAN STATESMAN. A Series of Biographies of Men famous in the Political History of the United States. Edited by John T. Morse, Jr. Portraits. 31 vols. 12mo, original cloth, gilt top edges (some passages pencil-scored). Bost. 1889-1900
34. AMONG THE TURKS [Hamlin], 1878; A Year's/ Journey through Central and Eastern Arabia [Palgrave], 1868; The Abode of Snow [Wilson], 1886; and others. 10 vols.
35. ANCIENT RELIGIONS. The Religions of India, by Prof. E. W. Hopkins; The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria, by Prof. M. Jastrow; The Religion of the Teutons, by Prof. P. D. C. de la Saussaye. 3 vols. post 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1898-1902 36. ANDRÉ (MAJOR). David Williams and the Cap-. ture of André: a Paper read before the Tarrytown Historical Society, by Marcius D. Raymond. Illusts. Royal 8vo, original wrappers. Tarrytown, 1893 ✔ 37. ANDREWS (E. BENJAMIN). The History of the Last Quarter-Century in the United States, 1870-1895. With more than 350 illusts. 2 vols. royal 8vo, buckram, gilt tops, uncut. N. Y. 1896
38. ANDREWS (E. BENJAMIN). The United States in Our Own Time: a History from Reconstruction to Expansion. Being an extension of "The History of the Last Quarter Century." Hundreds of illusts. 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1903
39. ANGLING. Jesse's Gleanings in Natural History, new cloth, uncut, Lond. 1832; Angling, by Yale, Creighton, Macdonough, Higgins, etc., 1896; The Tarpon, by F. S. Pinckney ; and another. 4 vols. crown 8vo, etc., cloth.
40. ANIMAL KINGDOM (THE). Edited by Hugh Craig. 2 vols. 64 COLORED PLATES. Small 4to, original cloth. N. Y.  ✓ 41. ARCHEOLOGY. Archæology; or, Miscellaneous Tracts relating to Antiquity. Published by the Society of Vols. 1 to 9. Antiquaries of London. Second edn. With numerous full-page and folding copper-plates. 9 vols. 4to, half sheep. Lond. 1779-89
/ 42. ARCHITECTURE. A Glossary of Terms used in Grecian, Roman, Italian and Gothic Architecture. The Third edn. enlarged. With the Supplement, containing 450 additional examples and a general Index. With upwards of 1,000 illusts., many of which are fine full-page plates of famous churches. 3 vols. 8vo, original cloth, unOxford: Parker, 1840-46 ✔43. ARCTIC. An Arctic Boat Journey [Hayes]; The Land of Desolation [Hayes]. Arctic Adventures [Sargent]; and others. 5 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
44. ART THOUGHTS [Jarves], 1869; The Art of Beauty [Haweis], illust., 1878; The Course of Empire [Cole], 1853; and others. 10 vols.
45. ASTRONOMY. Elementary Meteorology. By Wm. M. v Davis. 8vo, cloth. Bost. 1894
46. AT SUNDOWN [Whittier], 1892; The Ghost [O'Connor], illust. by Nast, FIRST EDN., 1867; Other People's Children [Habberton], 1877, FIRST EDN.; and others. 8 vols. 47. AUTHORS AND FRIENDS. [Longfellow, Emerson, Whittier, Tennyson, etc.] By Annie Fields. FIRST 12mo, cloth.
An Introduction to the Study
49. BACTERIA. Lectures on Bacteria. By A. de
Bary. Transl. Illust. 12mo, cloth.
Phil. Printed for Subscribers only, 1895-1900
53. BALZAC'S NOVELS. Chouans; Sons of the Soil; Seraphita; The Magic Skin; The Country Doctor; Village Rector; Père Goriot; and others. 11 vols. crown 8vo, original half roan (some margins pencil-scored). Bost. 1890-92
By G. S.
✔54. BANCROFT (GEORGE). History of the United
History of the Formation of the Constitution of
✔ 56. BANCROFT (H. H.) Literary Industries: a Memoir.
v 57. BANGS (JOHN K.) Uncle Sam, Trustee. FIRST
• 58. BATTLES FOR THE UNION, by Willard Glazier,
59. BAUR (FERDINAND C.) The Church History of the First Three Centuries. Transl. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth.