« IndietroContinua »
✓ 702. POE (EDGAR ALLAN). The Works of Poe. With 24 full-page photogravure illusts. 6 vols., art cloth, gilt tops, uncut.
703. Dedication of the Actors' Monument to E. A. ✔ Poe in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, N. Y. (with an original Poem by Wm. Winter). 8vo, paper. N. Y. 1885 704. POETRY. Poetical Works of Byron; Tennyson; Rogers' Italy; A Book of Poems by J. W. Chadwick; and others. Together 7 vols. 12mo, etc., cloth.
705. POETS. Poetical Works of Wordsworth, 7 vols.; Hood, 2 vols.; and Butler, 2 vols. Portraits. 11 vols. 12mo, cloth. Bost. 1854
✔706. Poetical Works of Longfellow, Burns, Adelaide V Procter, Edwin Arnold's The Song Celestial; and another. Together 6 vols. 12mo, etc., cloth.
707. Poetical Works of Keats, Shelley, Matthew Arnold and O. W. Holmes. 4 vols. crown 8vo and 12mo, cloth.
708. POETRY AND SONG. A Library of Poetry and Song. Choice Selections from the best Poets. With an Introduction by William C. Bryant. Illust. Thick royal 8vo, cloth, gilt edges. N. Y. 1873
709. POETRY OF THE ANTI-JACOBIN [Edmunds], ✔ 1890; Cæsar, a Sketch [Froude]; Biographical Essays [Müller]; and others. 10 vols.
✓ 710. POLITICAL ECONOMY. By Francis A. Walker. Third and revised edn. 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1888
(History of), in Europe. By Jérôme A. Blanqui. Transl. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1885 712. POLO (MARCO). The Venetian. The Travels of. Marsden's Transl., revised and edited by Thos. Wright. 12mo, cloth. Lond. Bell, 1901
713. POMEROY (M. M.) Gold Dust, 1871; Our Satur- √ day Nights, 1870; Home Harmonies, 1876. FIRST EDNS. 3 vols. crown 8vo, original cloth.
714. POPE (ALEXANDER). The Iliad and Odyssey of✓ Homer. Transl. by Pope. With 2 fine copper-plate portraits. 9 vols. 12mo, full calf, richly gilt backs. Lond. 1771 Fine old set, in contemporary binding.
715. The Works of Pope, in six vols. complete (including his Letters). With numerous spirited copper-plates. 6 vols. 12mo, full calf, richly gilt backs.
Fine old set, in contemporary binding. With notes by Warburton.
716. POPES. The History of the Popes: their Church ✓ and State. By Leopold Ranke. Transl. Portraits. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth. Lond. [Bohn's Library], 1891
717. POTATO CULTURE. The Potato, by Saml. Fraser, illust., 1905; Sweet Potato Culture, by Jas. Fritz, 1903; and another. 3 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
718. POULTRY. Cypher's Series on Practical Poultry
N. Y. 1903-1905
720. POULTRY YARD (THE), how to Furnish and Manage it [Burpee], illust., Phil. 1894; The New Egg Farm, or the Management of Poultry [Stoddard], illust., N. Y. 1903; Making Poultry Pay (by various writers), illust, N.Y. 1904; and another. 4 vols. cloth.
✓721. POWELL (G. H.) Excursions in Libraria. (The Philosophy of Rarity, a Shelf of Old Story Books, etc.) Post 8vo, buckram.
N. Y. 1896
722. PRACTICAL MICROSCOPY. A Course of Normal✔ Histology for Students and Practitioners of Medicine. By
M. N. Miller.
126 illusts. 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1887
✓723. PRAYER. The Book of Common Prayer and the Hymnal. 9 sets, in morocco, calf and fancy leather bindings of various shades, gilt edges. 18 vols. 18mo and 24mo. Oxford and N. Y. [189-]
✓ 724. PRE-HISTORIC AMERICA. (Man and the Mastodon, the Mound Builders, the Cliff Dwellers, etc., etc) By the Marquis de Nadaillac. Transl. Numerous illusts. Thick Svo, cloth. Scarce.
725. PRESCOTT (WILLIAM H.) History of quest of Mexico. Portraits. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth.
History of the Conquest of Peru.
2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
N. Y. 1884
the ConPhil. 1882
Philip the Second, 3 vols.; Charles the Fifth,
3 vols.; Ferdinand and Isabella, 3 vols. 12mo, cloth.
Together 9 vols. Phil. [188-]. 728. PRIME (W. C.), Boat Life in Egypt and Nubia, NY.1865; I Go A-Fishing, FIRST EDN., N. Y. 1873; Travels in Europe and the East, by S. I. Prime, 2 vols., N. Y. 1855. 4 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
729. PRIMER. The Evangelical Primer. By Joseph Emerson, Pastor of a Church in Beverey. 12mo, original marbled paper wrappers (stained), pp. 72.
Bost. S. T. Armstrong, 1812
✓732. PRISON LIFE AND REFLECTIONS: Narrative
1 733. PROPHETS. Kuenen (Dr. A.) The Prophets and
734. PROTESTANT EPISCOPAL CHURCH IN THE ✔ U. S., 1785-1835. Journals of General Conventions of. Edited by Wm. Stevens Perry. 3 vols. 8vo, cloth.
Claremont (N. H.), 1874
735. QUARTERLY REVIEW, 1868-1870; Horstman's
Rolle of Hampole (4 copies); Bourrienne's Life of Napoleon; and others. 10 vols. 8vo, cloth, etc.
736. RABELAIS (FR.) Works, completely transl. Suc into English by Urquhart and Motteux. trait and etchings by L. BOILVIN. 2 vols. 8vo, original buckram. Lond.: Privately printed, 1903 737. RALPH (JULIAN). Our Great West. FIRST EDN. Illust. 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1892 738. READE (CHARLES). The Cloister and the Hearth;✓ Foul Play; Never Too Late to Mend; Put Yourself in His Place; Love Me Little, Love Me Long; Hard Cash. 6 vols. crown 8vo, cloth.
Peg Woffington. Introduction by Austin Dob-
✓ 740. The Works of Reade: Hard Cash, Put Yourself √
in His Place, Peg Woffington, A Woman-Hater, It Is Never
OF A LITERARY MAN
741. RECOLLECTIONS [Daudet]; Nights with Uncle Remus [Harris]; Memoir of Margaret Davidson [Irving]; and others. 10 vols. crown 8vo, etc.
742. RECTORIAL ADDRESSES delivered at the University of St. Andrews [by J. A. Froude, J. S. Mill, Sir William Stirling-Maxwell, etc.], 1863-1893. Thick 8vo,
743. RELIGIONS OF PRIMITIVE Daniel G. Brinton. Post 8vo, cloth.
744. RELIGIOUS LIBERTY. Cobb (Sanford H.) The Rise of Religious Liberty in America: a History. Svo, cloth.
N. Y. 1902
745. RENAN (ERNEST). Lectures on the Thought, Institutions, and Culture of Rome. Transl. (Hibbert Lectures.)
8vo, cloth. Lond. 1884
History of the People of Israel (during various✔ periods). 5 vols. post 8vo, cloth (first vol. used and 3 library-stamped).
History of the People of Israel.
5 vols. post Bost. 1889-95
747. 8vo, cloth. ✔748. RHODES (JAMES F.) History of the United States, from the Compromise of 1850 to 1866. 5 vols. 8vo, cloth,
N. Y. 1893-1904
749. RIFLE, AXE AND SADDLE-BAGS [W. H. Milburn]; The Pioneers, Preachers and People of the Mississippi Valley [same author]; The Conquest of Kansas by Missouri and her Allies, by Wm. Phillips. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth. Bost. and N. Y. 1856-60
750. RILEY (JAS. WHITCOMB). Poems Here at Home. Pictures by E. W. Kemble. 12mo, full decorated vellum gilt, gilt top.
N. Y. 1893
First edition. No. 44 of 50 copies issued, with portrait on Japan vellum autographed by the author.
751. ROBINSON CRUSOE FOR YOUNG FOLKS, illust., 1897; Bessie Bradford's Secret [Mathews], 1881; Esop's Fables, illust.; Rose in Bloom, A Garland for Girls, Proverb Stories, and Morning Glories, all by L. M. Alcott; and others. 11 vols.
752. ROCKS AND SOILS: their Origin, Composition and Characteristics, Chemical, Geological and Agricultural. By H. B. Stockbridge. Illust. 8vo, cloth.
N. Y. 1901
753. ROMAN HISTORY (THE) of Ammianus Marcellinus. (Reigns of Constantine to Valens.) Transl. by C. D. Yonge. 12mo, cloth.
Lond. Bell, 1902
Vedute di Roma e sue vicinanze.
page and 102 engraved views of buildings, etc., in Rome and
757. ROUSSEAU (J. J.) The Confessions, now first completely transl. into English. LIMITED EDN. DE LUXE. Portrait, and plates after LELOIR. 2 vols. 8vo, original buckram, gilt top edges. Lond.: Privately printed, 1903
758. ROYAL TRUTHS, 1868; Star Papers, 1873; Life Thoughts, 1869, all by Henry Ward Beecher; God-Man and Credo, by L. T. Townsend, 1870-72; and others. 10 vols.
759. RUBAIYAT OF OMAR KHAYYAM, Fitzgerald's Version, with a Prose Transl. from the French, Los Angeles, Cal., 1899; Stephen Phillips' Ulysses, N. Y. 1902; Poe's Bells, illust., Phil. ; and others. 7 vols.
760. SADAELE (ANT.) De Spiritvali Mandvcatione Corporis Christi; De Sacramentali Mand vcatione Corporis Christi. Together in 1 vol. Post 8vo, original vellum, blind-stamped (few leaves wormed).
s. 1., Excudebat Ioannes Le Preux, 1590 Copious marginal annotations by a contemporary scholar, i. e., Arnold Tebbing.
761. SAVONAROLA (GIROLAMO). Life and Times of. By Prof. P. Villari. Transl. by Linda Villari. Portraits, views, etc. Post 8vo, original cloth. Lond. 1899
762. SAXON MYTHOLOGY. The Gods of Our Fathers: a Study. By Herman I. Stern. Crown 8vo, cloth, gilt.
N. Y. 1898
763. SCHILLER'S COMPLETE WORKS. Dr. C. J. Hempel. Portrait. 2 vols. royal 8vo, cloth (title little torn). Phil. 1870
764. SCIENCE. Paine's Physiology of the Soul and Instinct; Hickok's Rational Psychology; Hegel's Philosophy of History; and another. 4 vols. 8vo, cloth.
/ 765. SCIENCE AND RELIGION [Huxley], 1892; Christianity in Ceylon [Tennent], illust., 1850; The Science of Thought [Max Müller], 1888; and others. 8 vols.
766. SCIENCE AND SCIENTISTS [Rev. J. Gerard, S. J.]; Science or Romance [Gerard]; and two others.