« IndietroContinua »
110. IRVING (WASHINGTON). Tales
of a Traveller.
Numerous fine illustrations. 2 vols., 8vo, white decorated cloth, gilt tops, uncut. New York, 1895
BUCKTHORNE EDITION. Two of the plates are early specimens of Arthur Rackham's work.
111. JOEL (HANS THEODOR). Das Graphische Jahrbuch. Profusely illustrated with full-page and text woodcuts and halftones of modern drawings. Small 4to, cream boards, uncut. Darmstadt, n. d. 
112. JOHNSON (SAMUEL). Rasselas. Beautifully illustrated with engravings by A. Raimbach from pictures by Smirke, IN COLOR. 4to, half dark green morocco, gilt edges. London, 1805 ▲ FINE COLORED COPY, RARE IN THIS STATE.
113. JONES (PAUL). His Exploits in English Seas during 1778-1780. By Don C. Seitz. Medallion frontispiece. 8vo, half dark blue levant morocco, gilt top, uncut, by Stikeman.
New York, 
FIRST EDITION. ONE OF 43 COPIES ON OLD STRATFORD PAPER, AUTOGRAPHED BY THE AUTHOR.
114. JUGEND. Munchner Illustrierte Wochenschrift fur Kunst und Leben. For 1896. Profusely illustrated. 2 vols., 4to, original pictured cloth. Munchen, 
THE VERY RARE FIRST VOLUME.
115. KELLER (GOTTFRIED). Der Landvogt von Greifensee. With 10 dainty etchings by Alfred Cossmann. 4to, parchment boards, gilt top. Munchen, 1919
Die drei gerechten Kammacher. etchings by Alfred Cossmann. 4to, cloth.
117. Sieben Legenden. With 10 etchings by Gustav Traub. Imp. 8vo, boards, parchment back. Munchen, 1920
Limited Edition, autographed by the artist.
118. KEPPEL (FREDERICK). The Golden Age of Engraving. Numerous illustrations. Royal 8vo, cloth, gilt top.
New York, n. d.
119. KIPLING (RUDYARD). cloth, gilt top.
With 6 original
120. KRISTELLER (PAUL). Kupferstich und Holzschnitt in Vier Jahrhunderten. 263 full-page and text reproductions from rare old woodcuts. Small 4to, pictured cloth. Berlin, 1921
121. LALANNE (MAXIME). A Treatise on Etching. Etched plates. Translated by S. R. Koehler. 8vo, cloth, gilt top.
122. LAWRENCE (D. H.). Love Poems and Others. 8vo, cloth, gilt top, uncut. London: Duckworth, 1913
124. untrimmed edges.
The Rainbow. 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, 
THE EDITION WAS SUPPRESSED AND IT IS SAID THAT ONLY SIXTEEN COPIES ESCAPED DESTRUCTION.
Sons and Lovers. 12mo, cloth.
126. back, uncut.
Bay: A Book of Poems. 12mo, decorated boards, cloth Westminster: Beaumont Press, 1919 FIRST EDITION. One of 120 copies on hand-made paper.
London: Duckworth, 1913
The Prussian Officer and other Stories. 12mo, cloth,
The Lost Girl.
Women in Love. 8vo, cloth, uncut. New York, 1920 Limited Edition, privately printed for subscribers only.
Touch and Go. 12mo, limp boards, uncut.
130. LELAND (CHARLES G.). Etruscan Roman Remains in Popular Tradition. Tinted frontispiece and numerous woodcuts. 4to, decorated cloth, uncut. New York, 1892
131. LEMOYNE (ANDRE). Les Charmeuses et les Roses d'Antan. Précédées d'une Etude par Jules Levallois. Etchings by Delaunay, Dubois, Leconte, Méry, and others. Imp. 8vo, half brown morocco, gilt top, uncut, original covers bound in.
With the Hoe bookplate.
Paris: Firmin Didot Frères, n. d.
132. LIEBERMANNS (MAX). Graphische Kunst. Herausgegeben von Max J. Friedlander. 98 full-page reproductions. Small 4to, boards. Dresden, 1920
133. LIPPMANN (FR.). Engraving and Etching. A Handbook for the use of Students and Print Collectors. 131 illustrations. 8vo, cloth, gilt top. London, 1906
Third Edition, revised by Dr. Max. Lehrs.
134. LONGUS. Daphnis and Chloe. The sion from Amyot's translation by Angel Day. uncut.
One of 500 copies reprinted from the Unique Original and Edited by Joseph Jacobs.
135. LOUVET DE COUVRAY. Die Abenteuer des Chevalier Faublas. Spirited illustrations in sepia by Karl Walser. 2 vols., 12mo, boards, decorated with maple leaves. Munchen, 1918
136. LUTZOW (CARL VON). Geschichte des deutschen Kupferstiches und Holzschnittes. Numerous full-page and text illustrations from rare sources. Imp. 8vo, half morocco.
137. McCARTHY (JUSTIN H.). The Thousand and One Days. Persian Tales. Frontispiece. 2 vols., 12mo, half vellum, uncut. London, 1892
FIRST EDITION. Scarce.
138. MCCLELLAN (ELISABETH). Historic Dress in America, 1607-1800. Numerous illustrations in color, pen-and-ink and half-tone, together with reproductions from photographs of rare portraits, original garments, etc. Imp. 8vo, buckram, gilt top, unPhiladelphia, 
FIRST EDITION. An important and most interesting work, containing an introductory chapter on the Spaniards in Florida and California, 1565-1764, and the French Settlements in Louisiana and the Mississippi Valley, 1680-1764.
139. MEDER (JOSEPH). Die Handzeichnung ihre Technik und Entwicklung. Profusely illustrated. Imp. 8vo, boards, pigskin back. Wien, 1919
140. MEIER-GRAEFE (J.). Ganymed. Blatter der MaréesGesellschaft. Beautifully illustrated with full-page plates. 2 vols., small 4to, boards. Dresden, 1919-1920
One of 300 copies for subscribers only.
141. MEREDITH (GEORGE). The Shaving of Shagpat. 12mo, original cloth (shabby), interior clean, uncut.
London: Chapman and Hall, 1856
FIRST EDITION. Very scarce.
142. MICHEL (FRANCISQUE) AND FOURNIER (EDOUARD). Le Livre d'Or des Métiers. Histoire des Hotelleries, Cabarets, Hotel Garnis, Restaurants et Cafés, et des Hoteliers, Marchands de Vins, Restaurateurs, etc. Illustrated. 2 vols., imp. 8vo, boards, morocco backs. Paris, 1851
AN UNUSUAL WORK. EXTRA-ILLUSTRATED with many spirited engravings and plates, some in color.
143. MODERN ETCHING AND ENGRAVING. Edited by Charles Holme. Profusely illustrated with reproductions of modern etchers of all nations. Imp. 8vo, buckram, original wrappers bound in. London: The Studio, 1902
144. MOORE (GEORGE). Pagan Poems. 12mo, cloth. [London, 1881]
FIRST EDITION, without the title-page as usual, as the titles of the entire issue were removed.
145. The Strike at Arlingford. Play in Three Acts. 12mo, cloth, gilt top, uncut. London, 1893 FIRST EDITION.
146. Esther Waters. 12mo, cloth, gilt top. London, 1894
Celibates. 12mo, cloth, gilt top, uncut. London, 1895 FIRST EDITION.
149. Hail and Farewell. I. Ave; II. Salve; III. Vale. 3 vols., 12mo, cloth, uncut. London, 1911, 1912, 
Sister Teresa. Portrait. 12mo, cloth, gilt top, uncut.
Privately printed for subscribers only. One of 250 copies, autographed by the author.
152.  George Moore. By Susan L. Mitchell. 12mo, cloth. FIRST EDITION. London, 1916
A Story-Teller's Holiday. 8vo, boards, vellum back, London, 1918 Privately printed for subscribers only. Autographed by the author. Avowals. 8vo, boards, vellum back, uncut.
Elizabeth Cooper. A Comedy in Three Acts. 12mo,
The Brook Kerith. 8vo, boards, vellum back, uncut.
London, 1919 Privately printed for subscribers only. Autographed by the author. 155. The Coming of Gabrielle. A Comedy. 8vo, boards, vellum back, uncut. London, 1920 Privately printed for subscribers only. Autographed by the author. Esther Waters. 8vo, boards, vellum back, uncut. London, 1920 Autographed by the author.
Privately printed for subscribers only. 157. Memoirs of My Dead Life. boards, vellum back, uncut.
Privately printed for subscribers only.
Author's Edition. 8vo,
158. backs, uncut.
2 vols., 8vo, boards, vellum London, 1921 Privately printed for subscribers only. Autographed by the author. 159. MULLER (HANS). Der Spiegel der Agrippina. Mit zwolf originalradierungen von Stefan Hlawa. 4to, boards, black silk back, gilt edges.
One of 250 copies, autographed by the author and illustrator. 160. NEUMANN (CARL). Rembrandt Handzeichnungen. 94 full-page and vignette illustrations. 4to, boards. Munchen, 1919
161. NEWTON (A. EDWARD). The Collecting and kindred affections. Illustrated. back, paper label, gilt top, uncut.
Amenities of Book12mo, boards, cloth Boston, 1918
162. NORA (A. DE). Madonnen. Ein Cyclus. 10 original etchings by Fritz Schwimbeck. Small 4to, half vellum, gilt top. Leipzig, 1919
One of 325 copies, autographed by both author and artist.
162A. NOTHANKER (SEBALDUS). Das Leben und die Meinungen des Herrn Magister Gebaldus Rothanker. Portrait and 15 plates by Chodowiecki. 12mo, crushed green levant morocco, gilt back, gilt top, uncut. Weimar, 1916
One of 80 copies on hand-made paper.
163. OMAR KHAYYAM. The Rubaiyat. Numerous illustra tions in color and black and white by Ronald Balfour in the manner of Aubrey Beardsley. 4to, pictured white cloth, uncut.
New York, n. d.
164. ORLIK. Funfundneunzig Kopfe. Mit einem vorwort von Max Osborn. 4to, white cloth. Berlin, 
165. PENNELL (JOSEPH). Etchers and Etchings. Chapters in the History of the Art, etc. Profusely illustrated. 4to, buckram, uncut. London, 
FIRST EDITION. Of the 39 illustrations, no less than a dozen are reproductions of Whistler's pieces. Seymour Haden, Goya, Lalanne, a Rembrandt and others are represented, with nine by the author.
166.) PETRARCA (FRANCESCO). Sonette. With 12 spirited and striking reproductions of etchings by Adolf Schinnerer. Small folio, half vellum, gilt top, uncut. Munchen, 1920
One of 330 copies on hand-made paper.
167. PFISTER (KURT). Deutsche Graphiker der Gegenwart. 23 original illustrations and 8 reproductions. 4to, pictured boards. Leipzig, 1920
168. PHILLPOTTS (EDEN). The Girl and the Faun. Spirited colored plates and decorative borders by Frank Brangwyn. Small 4to, decorated cloth, uncut, paper label. Philadelphia, 1917
169. PLOWMAN (GEORGE T.). Etching and other Graphic Arts. Original etched frontispiece and 26 illustrations. 8vo, pictorial cloth, gilt top, uncut. New York, 1914
EDITION DE LUXE. One of 350 copies.
170. POMPEII. A Collection of 39 reproductions, colored by hand, of frescoes, pottery, etc., excavated from the ruins of Pompeii. Mounted. 4to, full brown morocco, gilt edges.