« IndietroContinua »
517. PRESCOTT (W. H.) Biographical and Critical Miscellanies. Portraits. Post Svo, half red morocco, gilt Phil. 
/ 519. PRESIDENTS OF THE U. S. (THE).
✓520. PRINTS. The Print Collector: an Introduction to
521. PRIOR (JAMES). Life of Edmond Malone, Editor P of Shakespeare, with selections from his Manuscript AnecPortrait. 8vo, cloth (cover soiled). Lond. 1860
Their Memoirs 12 steel por
N. Y. 1849
522. PROHIBITED BOOKS. Censvra Generalis contra errores, quib' recentes hæretici sacram scriptoram asperserunt. Emblem of the Inquisition on title. FACSIMILE REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL, LIMITED TO 100 PRIVATELY PRINTED COPIES. Vellum.
Pinciæ, 1554; N. Y.: De Vinne Press [190-] Published by the Inquisition against all heretics and apostates in Spain and other realms.
523. Cathologus Librorü, qui prohibetur mandato Illustrissimi & Reuerend. D. D. Ferdinandi de Valdes Hispalen. Arms of de Veldes on title. FACSIMILE REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL; ONLY 100 COPIES PRIVATELY PRINTED. 8vo, original vellum.
Valladolid, 1557; N. Y.: De Vinne Press [190-] The Inquisitor-General's Index. containing many interesting entries, especially under the heading of Romances.
524. Catalogi Librorum Reprobatorum & prelegendorú ex indicio Academiæ Louaniensis. Royal Arms of Spain on title. FACSIMILE REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL EDITION; LIMITED TO 100 PRIVATELY PRINTED COPIES. 8vo, vellum. Pinciæ, 1551; N.Y.: De Vinne Press [190-] An Index compiled by the authorities of Louvain University, and published by order of the Inquisition.
525. Catalogus Librorvm Reprobatorvm ex iudicio Academiæ Lovaniensis. Royal Arms of Spain on reverse of title. FACSIMILE REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL; LIMITED TO 100 PRIVATELY PRINTED COPIES. 8vo, vellum. Toleti, 1551; N. Y.: De Vinne Press [190-] The official Index of the Inquisition is appended to the Lou vain list.
526. PUBLIC MEN AND EVENTS from the commence-
527. PUNCH. The History of "Punch," by M. H. Spiel-
UEEN OF TEARS (A). Carolina Matilda, Queen of Denmark and Norway, and Princess of Great Britain and Ireland. By W. W. Wilkins. Full-page portraits and views. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Lond. 1904
529. RABELAIS. The Works of Francis Rabelais.
Transl. by Urquhart and Motteux. Portraits
Sylvia; or, The Last Shepherd: a Dialogue; and
√534.Wagoner of the Alleghanies, Phil. 1862; Hazel
535. RELIQUES OF ANCIENT ENGLISH POETRY [Percy], 1839; The Parson's Horn-Book, pt. 2, illust., Dublin, 1831; Life of Victor Hugo [Marzials], 1888; and others.
536. RÉMUSAT. Memoirs of Madame de Rémusat, 18021808. Transl. by Mrs. C. Hoey, etc. Thick post 8vo, cloth. N. Y. 1880
537. RICE (CALE YOUNG). David: a Tragedy. Imp. 8vo, half cloth and boards, uncut. Limited to 250 copies. N. Y. 1904
✓ 538. RIDDELL FAMILY. History of the Ancient Rye-
539. RIIS (JACOB A.) How the Other Half Lives: hh Studies among the Tenements of New York. Illust. 8vo,
N. Y. 1890
540. RILEY (JAS. WHITCOMB). Afterwhiles. FIRST
With leaf containing author's autograph signature inserted.
With leaf containing author's autograph signature inserted. 543. RIVES (AMÉLIE, i. e., Mrs. Chanler). Five A. L. S., mostly in reference to her stories, 3 and 4 pp. 8vo; and "The Story of a Heart, by Amélie Rives," typed on 10 folio pages, with corrections by the author, 1888-1889; (6 pieces.)
544. RIVERSIDE PRESS. Journal of a Tour in the
No. 451 of 500 copies issued.
546. ROCHESTER (N. Y.). Sketches of Rochester; with Incidental Notices of W. New York: a collection of Matters By designed to illustrate the Progress of Rochester, etc. Henry O'Reilly. Map and illusts. Post 8vo, original cloth (some pp. soiled). Rochester, 1838
Another copy (lacking map, few pp. and plates). ✔
✓549. ROSEBERY (LORD). His Life and Speeches. Go By Thomas F. G. Coates. Best edn. With numerous illusts. 2 vols. thick 8vo, buckram, gilt tops, uncut.
548. ROMAN AND MEDIEVAL ART [Goodyear], illust., 1893; A Day in Ancient Rome [Shumway], illust., 1885; The Chautauqua Movement [Vincent], 1886; and others. 10 vols.
550. ROYCROFT. The Essay on Walt Whitman. By Robert Louis Stevenson. With portrait on Japanese vellum paper, and hand-illumined initials. 8vo, full ooze calf. E. Aurora, 1900 ✓ 551. Shakespeare's Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark. 4to, half calf, gilt top, uncut. E. Aurora, 1902 ✓ 552. A Message to Garcia. Being a Preachment by Elbert Hubbard. Portraits, printed on Japan vellum, title in red and black within vine border. 16mo, original ooze Roycroft Press, 1903
553. RUSH (JACOB). Charges and Extracts of Charges on Moral and Religious Subjects; with the Act of the Pennsylvania Legislature respecting Vice and Immorality. 12mo, half sheep. N. Y. 1804
554. SABBATH BELLS Chimed by the Poets, illust., 1870; Lyra Americana; Verses of Praise from American Poets, 1865; Hymns of the Ages, series 3 (com. plete in itself), 1865; and others. 10 vols.
555. SACRED BOOKS OF THE EAST (THE). Trans- ✔ lated by Various Oriental Scholars and Edited by F. Max Müller. First series. Vols. 1 to 3 inclusive. 3 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Oxford, 1879
√ 556. SALEM WITCHCRAFT. Caleb (Rob't). More v
557. SANSCRIT LITERATURE. An Historical Sketch V of. With copious bibliographical notices of works and translations. From the German of Adelung, with additions. Post 8vo, half morocco. Oxford, 1832
Presentation copy from the publisher to Rev. W. Reay, of Bodleian Library.
558. SAUNDERS (FRED'K). Festival of Song. A Series of Evenings with the Poets. Numerous illusts. by members of the National Academy of Design. Square 8vo, cloth gilt, gilt edges. N. Y., n. d.
559. SAUR IMPRINT. Robert Barclay's Apologie oder ✔ Bertheidigungs-Schrift der wahren Christlichen Gottesgelahrheit Thick post 8vo, original sheep (one cover loose, otherwise a sound copy).
Germantown: Christoph Saur, 1776
560. SCHILLER'S FRENCH REVOLUTION, 2 vols. (in German); Kennedy's Corn in the Blade; Shakespeare's Bones [C. M. Ingleby]; and 15 others. Together 19 vols. 12mo, etc.
561. SCHOOLCRAFT (H. R.) Summary Narrative of an Expedition to the Sources of the Mississippi in 1820: Loh resumed and completed by the discovery of Lake Itasca in
1832. 8vo, half calf.
562. SCIENCE. Tyndall on Light; Dibble's Vagaries of Sanitary Science; Dana's Manual of Geology; Martin's The Human Body; and 7 others. Together 11 vols. 8vo, etc., cloth.
A La Haye, 1685 ✓ 564. SEVENTH REGIMENT. The Knapsack: a Daily Journal of the Seventh Regiment New Armory Fair. Vol. (PI. (all issued). Illust. with portraits of Civil War Generals, etc., etc. Folio, cloth (worn).
N. Y. 1879
563. SCUDERY (M. DE). Alaric, ou Rome Vaincuë. Poëme Heroïque. Frontispiece, portrait of Christine of Sweden, and 10 copper-plates of Events described in the poem. 12mo, old half binding (little stained).
History of the 7th Regiment, 1806-1889. By Col. Emmons Clark. Extensively illust. 2 vols. thick royal Svo, half calf, gilt.
N. Y. 1890
566. SHAKESPEARE (WILLIAM). Shakespeare. Αν
The Merchant of Venice, as produced at the Winter Garden Theatre of New York, January, 1867, by Edwin Booth. A new Adaptation, with notes, by Henry L. Hinton. Wood-engravings of scenes in the play. Imperial 8vo, original green cloth, gilt edges.
N. Y. 1867
This memorial edition is said to have been limited to 500 copies, most of which were destroyed at the burning of the theatre shortly after the publication.
✓570. SHAKESPEARE AND THE RIVAL POET. Shake-
✓ 572. SHELLEY (PERCY B.) A Proposal for putting
569. SHAKESPEARE. Much Ado About Nothing, as produced by Edw. Booth, portrait of Booth, N. Y.; The Forest Divorce Case (title and covers lacking); History of the Forgeries, Perjuries, etc., of "Our Model Mayor " Fernando Wood, No. 1; and others. (Pamphlets.) About 50 pieces as a lot.
an Illustrated Bibliog-✓ Facsimiles on Japanese (Limited to 150 copies.) Privately printed, 1903