« IndietroContinua »
170. Penhallow (Saml.) History of the Wars of New England with the Eastern Indians; or, A Narrative of their continued Perfidy and Cruelty, 1713–26. 4to, boards, uncut, as issued (one joint cracked). Cinn. 1859
One of the few copies issued with the rubricated title. Containing the Appendix with "Lovewell's Fight," Gardener's "Pequot Wars," The Gospel in New England," which is lacking in the ordinary issue. This reprint is scarce.
Report of the Colorado River of the West, 1857-58. By Lieut. Jos. C. Ives. Full-page engravings and colored plates of Indians. 4to, cloth (portion of back missing). Wash. 1861 172. Arctic Researches and Life among the Esquimaux, 1860-62. By C. F. Hall. Numerous illusts. 8vo, half morocco. N. Y. 1865
173. An Essay towards an Indian Bibliography. A Catalogue of Books relating to the History, Antiquities, etc., etc., of the American Indians. By Thos. W. Field. With [valuable] Notes. 8vo, cloth and label, uncut.
N. Y. 1873
174. Wigwam and Warpath; or, The Royal Chief in Chains. By Hon. A. B. Meacham. Numerous illusts. Thick Svo, cloth. Bost. 1875
175. L'Origine Touranienne des Americains TupisCaribes et des Egyptiens; et Notice d'une Emigration en Amerique... plusieurs siècles avant Notre Ere. 8vo, paper. Vienne, 1876
Tribes of California (with their Customs, Vocabularies, etc., etc.). By Stephen Powers. Illust Thick 4to, cloth. (Con. to N. A. Ethnology, Vol. 3.) Wash. 1877
177. First Annual Report of the Bureau of Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. By J. W. Powell. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1881
Mythology of the North American Indians, Central American Picture Writing, Sign Language among the Indians, etc.
178. Second Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1883
Myths of the Iroquois, Art in Shell of the Ancient Americans, Animal Carvings from the Mounds of the Mississippi Valley, etc., etc.
Another copy of the Second Annual Report.
Third Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1884
Masks, Labrets, and certain Aboriginal Customs; Prehistoric Textile Fabrics of the United States; Omaha Sociology, etc., etc.
Another copy of the Third Annual Report. Cloth (one page torn). Wash. 1884
182. Fourth Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1886
Pictographs of the North American Indians, Pottery of the Ancient Pueblos, Ancient Pottery of the Mississippi Valley, etc., etc.
Another copy of the Fourth Annual Report. Paper (lacks back cover and one page torn). Wash. 1886
185. 8vo, cloth.
Fifth Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1887
The Cherokee Indians, The Mountain Chant, A Navajo Ceremony, The Seminole Indians of Florida, etc., etc.
Ancient Art of the Province of Chiriqui, Osage Traditions, The Study of the Maya Codices, etc., etc.
187. Seventh Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1891
Indian Linguistic Families of America, North of Mexico, The Sacred Formulas of the Cherokees, etc., etc.
Sixth Annual Report. Numerous illusts. Royal
Another copy of the sixth annual report.
some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth.
Ceremonial of the Hasjelti Dailjis and Mythical Sand Paint-
Another copy of the seventh annual report.
Eighth Annual Report.
Another copy of the eighth annual report.
Ninth Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some
The Medicine Men of the Apache, Ethnological Results of the Point Barrow Expedition, etc., etc.
Another copy of the ninth annual report.
Tenth Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some
Picture-Writing of the American Indians.
195. Eleventh Annual Report. Numerous illusts., some colored. Royal 8vo, cloth. Wash. 1894
Ethnology of the Ungava District, A Study of Siouan Cults, etc., etc.
Report of the Mound Explorations of the Bureau of Ethnol-
Stone Art, Prehistoric Art of the Eastern United States, Omaha Dwellings, Furniture and Implements, etc., etc.
200. Cloth. 201. Fourteenth Annual Report. Numerous illusts. 2 vols. royal Svo, cloth. Wash. 1896
The Menomini Indians, The Coronado Expedition, 1540–43, The Ghost-Dance Religion (with the Songs of the Arapaho, the Comanche, etc., etc.).
Another copy of the thirteenth annual report.
Fifteenth Annual Report. some large folding. Royal 8vo, cloth.
Stone Implements of the Potomac Chesapeake Tidewater Province, the Siouan Indians, etc., etc.
203. Sixteenth Annual Report. Royal Svo, cloth.
Day Symbols of the Maya Year, Tusayan Snake Ceremonies, Primitive Trephining in Peru, etc., etc.
Houses and House-Life of the American Aborigines. By Lewis H. Morgan. Colored front. and numerous illusts. 4to, cloth. (Con. to N. A. Ethnology, Vol. 4.) Scarce. Wash. 1881
Observations on Cup-Shaped and other Lapidarian Sculptures in the Old World and in America, by Charles Rau; also On Prehistoric Trephining and Cranial Amulets, by Robert Fletcher; and another Contribution. Illust. 4to, cloth. (Con. to N. A. Ethnology, Vol. 5.)
206. A Tour through the Southern and Western Territories of the United States, the Floridas and the Countries of the Creek Nations, etc. By John Pape. With index. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Richmond, 1792.
Reprinted for C. L. Woodward: N. Y. 1888
The Indian Names of Boston and their Meaning. By Eben Norton Horsford. With facsimiles of Win sor's, John Smith's and Montanus's maps, etc. 4to, paper, uncut, pp. 26. Large Paper copy. Cambridge, Mass., 1886
The Klamath Indians of Southwestern Oregon.
210. The Cegiha Language (Myths, Stories, Letters, etc., etc.). By James Owen Dorsey. 4to, cloth (Con. to N. A. Ethnology, Vol. 6.) Wash. 1890
Another copy of the same.
213. Etnologia Centro-Americana Apuntes Para un Libro Sobre los Aborigines De Costa Rica. Por Manuel M. De Peralta. Royal 8vo, paper. Madrid, 1893
216. Garacontie (the Sun that advances). Original typed Prize Essay, with the Author's MS. corrections and additions. 20 pp. 4to, unbound.
Interesting study of the greatest Iroquois of his epoch (1660– 1675).
217. IRVING (WASHINGTON). A. L. S., 1 p. small 4to, 1845, to G. P. Putnam, written when Minister to Spain, on letter-head of the Legation, regarding the transfer of the body of Mr. Bacon to America.
218. The Life and Letters of Washington Irving. By his nephew, Pierre M. Irving. With fine portraits, some on India paper, and other illusts. 3 vols. 4to, cloth, gilt tops, Only 300 copies printed. N. Y. 1883
219. One Hundreth Anniversary of his Birth at Tarrytown, Apl., 1883 (with letter by Whittier and addresses by D. G. Mitchell, etc.) Portraits and views. cloth.
220. ISTHMUS OF PANAMA (THE). Bidwell. Colored front. 8vo, cloth (back somewhat dam
By Chas. T.
221. JACKSON (ANDREW). D. S., 1 p. 8vo, Mch. 11, 1813, issuing 60 rations.
Monument to the Memory of Jackson. By B. M. Dusenbery. Fine portrait. 12mo, sheep (some pp. spotted). Nashua, 1846
223. JAY (JOHN). 2 D. S. 1799.
Albany, July and Feb., One a particularly fine signature. (As 2 pieces.)
224. JESUP (GEN. THOS. S.) A. L. S., 2 pp. folio, 1836, written just after he assumed command of the Army in the Creek nation, to Gov. Clay of Ala. Interesting letter regarding the difficulty of moving the Indians.
225. JOHNSTON (FRANCIS-Col. in the Revolution and Lawyer). A. L. S., 1 p. small 4to, Phil. 1791, regarding the claim of a wounded soldier.
226. JUDSON (ADONIRAM).
E. Judson. Portraits. Post 8vo, cloth.
The Life of Judson. By N. Y. 1883 King of the Sandwich Islands.
228. KENT FAMILY. Genealogies of the different Families bearing the name of Kent in the U. S., with their possible English Ancestry, 1295-1898. By L. V. Briggs. Plate of arms. Svo, half morocco, uncut. Bost. 1898
L. S. 1 p.
229. KENT (JAMES-Chancellor of N. Y.). 4to, Albany, 1826, letter of recommendation.
230. KING (RUFUS). The Life and Correspondence of Rufus King. Edited by Charles R. King. Portraits. 3 vols. (Vols. 2, 3, and 4 only). 8vo, half roan (rubbed). Limited edition. N. Y. 1895
231. KIP FAMILY. History and Genealogy of the Kip Eamily. Excerpt from the above "Abstract." View of Kip's mansion as frontispiece. Royal 8vo, wrappers. (9 copies.)
N. Y. 1894