« IndietroContinua »
Journal of the House of Delegates of Virginia, Annɔ
Domini, 1776. 4to, half sheep.
Reports of the Virginia State Bar Association. From Vol. 1, 1889, to Vol. 20, 1907. Portraits. 20 vols. 8vo, cloth (back Richmond, 1890-1907
380. Index to Enrolled Bills of the General Assembly of Virginia, 1776 to 1862. Original Parchments. Compiled by John W. Williams. 16mo, cloth.
Another copy. 8vo, canvas.
Autograph presentation copy from the compiler.
382. Acts passed at a General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Virginia: May 1813; 1818-19; 1820-21 to 1831-32; 183334 to 1837-38; 1839 to 1855-56; 1857-58; 1859-60; 1865-66; 186667; 1869-70 to 1872-73; 1864-75 to 1876-77; 1878-79; 1879-80; 188182; 1883-84; Extra Session 1884; 1885-86; 1887-88; Extra Session, 1887; 1889-90; 1891-92; 1893-94; 1895-96; 1897-98; 1899-1900; 1901-2; Extra Session, 1901; 1904. With duplicates for 1844-45; 1850-51; 1851-52; 1852-53; 1857-58; 1859-60. Together 65 vols. 8vo, sewn and half sheep. Some bindings worn, and not collated.
Richmond, v. d.
383. Statutes at Large. A Collection of the Laws of Virginia from 1616 to 1788 (duplicate of 1711-1736). By William Waller Hening. 14 vols. 8vo, sheep (binding worn).
New York and Richmond, v. d. Statutes at Large. . . Being a Continuation of Hening. (1792-1806). By Samuel Shepherd. 3 vols.
385. Proceedings and Debates of the Virginia State Convention of 1829-30. Richmond, 1830; Miscellaneous Virginia Documents 1865-66; 1867-68 (2 copies); The Militia Law of Virginia. Richmond, 1858; Virginia Revenue Laws, 1880-1881. Richmond, 1881. 6 vols. 8vo, various bindings.
386. Sketches and Recollections of Lynchburg (By the Oldest Inhabitants), Richmond, 1858; The Presbytery of Hanover (Patton), N. Y., n. d.; White Sulphur Papers (Pencil), N. Y. 1839; and others. Together 37 vols., various sizes and bindings.
387. VIRGINIA CODE. A Collection of all such Acts of the General Assembly of Virginia of a Public and Permanent Nature, as are now in Force. With a new and complete Index. 2 vols. Richmond, 1803-8; The Revised Code of the Laws of Virginia. 2 vols. Richmond, 1819; The Code of Virginia, 1849; Same, for 1860; 1873 and 1887, with a Supplement to the Revised Code of the Laws. Richmond, 1833. Together 9 vols. 8vo, sheep (some bindings worn).
388. VIRGINIA COLONIAL DECISIONS. The Reports of Sir John Randolph and by Edward Barradall, of Decisions of The General Court of Virginia, 1728-1741. Edited, with Historical Introduction by R. T. Barton. Frontispiece. 2 vols. 8vo, canvas, uncut. Boston, 1909
389. VIRGINIA COLONIAL MONEY. Note for 3 Pounds, issue of 1773. Signed by Robert Carter Nicholas, John Blair and B. Dandridge; Note for 20 Shillings, issue of 1775, signed by Nicholas and others; Note for 5 Pounds, issue of 1775; Note for 12 Pounds, issue of 1775; Note for 20 Shillings, issue of 1775. 5 pieces. None of these issues appear to be in the Virginia State Library.
390. VIRGINIA COMPANY. The Records of the Virginia Company of London. The Court Book, from the Manuscript in the Library of Congress. Illustrated. 2 vols. 4to, buckram, uncut. Washington, 1906
391. VIRGINIA COURT REPORTS. Reports of Cases argued and adjudged in the Court of Appeals of Virginia. By Daniel Call. 6 vols. Richmond, 1801-1833; Hening and Munford's Reports, 4 vols., v. p., 1808-1812; Munford's Reports, 6 vols., with Index. 7 vols. v. p., 1812-1819; Gilmer's Reports. Richmond, 1821; Randolph's Reports, 6 vols. Richmond, 1823-29; Leigh's Reports. 12 vols. Richmond, 1830-1844; Grattan's Reports, 33 vols. Richmond, 1845-1881; Robinson's Virginia Reports, 2 vols. Richmond, 1843; Wyeth's Chancery Reports, 1 vol. Richmond, 1852; Brockenbrough's Reports. 2 vols. Philadelphia, 1837; Brockenbrough and Holmes' Reports. Vols 1 and 2 in one volume (and duplicate of Vol. 1). Phila., 1815. Together 76 vols. 8vo, sheep (some bindings worn). v. p., v. d.
A RARE COLLECTION.
392. VIRGINIA HISTORICAL REGISTER, and Literary Advertiser. Edited by William Maxwell. 6 vols. 12mo, half Richmond, 1848-53
A GOOD COPY OF THIS EXCEEDINGLY SCARCE WORK, RARELY FOUND COMPLETE, the greater portion of the edition having been destroyed by fire on the evacuation of Richmond, in 1865.
393. VIRGINIA HISTORICAL TIONS. Collections. New Series, Vols. 3-11. 12 vols. 8vo, cloth, uncut. Richmond, 1884-1892
Comprises: The Dinwiddie Papers; Huguenot Emigration to Virginia; Virginia Company; Miscellaneous Papers, etc.
394. VIRGINIA LAW JOURNAL. Vol. 1 (Jan. 1877) to Vol. 16 inclusive (Dec. 1892). 16 vols. 8vo, sheep. Richmond, v. d. 395. VIRGINIA MAGAZINE (The) of History and Biography. Vol. 1-26 (except Nos. 3 and 4 of Vol. 16). 26 vols. 8vo, cloth and wrappers. Richmond, 1894-1918
396. VIRGINIA-MARYLAND BOUNDARY LINE. Report and Accompanying Documents of the Virginia Commissioners ap
pointed to ascertain the Boundary Line between Maryland and Virginia. With volume containing 11 maps (some torn and loose). 2 vols. 8vo, sheep (worn, and one cover missing). Richmond, 1873
397. VIRGINIA MONEY. Notes for 100 Spanish Milled Dollars; One for Fifteen Spanish Milled Dollars, also one for Ten and one for Three, together with a facsimile of one for One Third of a Spanish Milled Dollar. Issue of 1778. 5 pieces.
398. VIRGINIA MONEY. Bank Notes issued by the City of Richmond during 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. pieces.
399. Virginia Treasury Notes issued during 1861 and 1862. Denominations $1 to $100. 11 pieces. Fine.
400. Bank Notes issued by various Banks in Staunton, Howardsville, Portsmouth, etc., during 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. Some worn. 25 pieces.
Bank Notes issued by the Bank of the Commonwealth of Richmond, Va., in 1861 and 1862. Various denominations. 33 pieces.
402. VIRGINIA PERIODICAL. Numbers and Supplement [all published].
The Bank Reformer.
403. VIRGINIA QUAKERS. Rules of Discipline of the Yearly Meeting of Friends, held in Virginia. 16mo, limp sheep. Richmond: J. Warrock, 1814
SCARCE. Not in the Virginia State Library.
404. VIRGINIA REPORT (The) of 1799-1800, touching the Alien and Sedition Laws; together with the Virginia Resolutions of December 21, 1798, etc. 8vo, half sheep. 2 copies. Richmond, 1850
405. VIRGINIA TREASURY NOTES. Issue of 1776-1777 Of various denominations, calling for Spanish Milled Dollars. Some unsigned, others signed by B. Dickson and Ja. Wray, 13 pieces. Some with, and some without Motto under seal device; also 4 pieces of Virginia Currency, issue of 1776. Various devices. Together 17 pieces.
406. VOLNEY (C. F.). A View of the Soil and Climate of the United States of America: With supplementary remarks upon Florida. Maps and plates. 8vo, original sheep (rubbed, and pp. foxed). Philadelphia, 1804
407. WADDELL (JOSEPH A.). Annals of Augusta County, Virginia, from 1726 to 1871. Maps. 8vo, cloth. Staunton, 1902
Second Edition, revised and enlarged.
408. WASHINGTON (BUSHROD). Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Appeals of Virginia. 2 vols. 8vo, original sheep (writing and labels on titles).
409. copy only).
Another copy. 2 vols. 8vo, original sheep (worn-fair Richmond, 1798 410. WASHINGTON (GEORGE). Interesting State Papers from President Washington, M. Fauchet and M. Adet. wise Conferences with George Hammond Randolph. 8vo, half calf.
quoted by Edmund
Philadelphia Printed; London, reprinted, 1796 An interesting piece, relating the facts leading to the resignation of Edmund Randolph as Secretary of State.
A Collection of Funeral Orations on the Death of George Washington. Bound in one volume, 8vo, half calf (covers loose).
A RARE COLLECTION IN FINE CONDITION. Comprising:
Oration by Simon Chaudron, before the French Lodge. Phila. 1800.
Address of George Washington on declining re-election .
Oration by Samuel Bayard at New Rochelle. New Brunswick, 1800.
Oration by David Ramsay at Charleston, S. C. Charleston, 1800.
Eulogium by Maj. William Jackson, at Phila. 1800.
Eulogy by William Linn at N. Y. New York, 1800.
Oration by Frederick Frelinghuysen, in New Brunswick, 1800.
Poem. By John Blair Linn. Philadelphia, 1800.
412.  The Life of George Washington. By David Ram. [Portrait by Leney. 8vo, old half calf (pp. a little foxed). FIRST EDITION.
New York, 1807
Another copy. 8vo, original sheep (pp. a little foxed).
414. [-] Washington and his Generals. By J. T. Headley. Portraits. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth. New York, 1847
415. The Diary of George Washington, from 1789 to 1791, embracing the Opening of the First Congress, and his Tours Through New England, Long Island, and the Southern States. Together with his Journal of a Tour to the Ohio in 1753. Edited by Benson J. Lossing. Photographic portrait inserted. 12mo, cloth (stamp removed from title). New York, 1860
416.  -] Washington and the West. Being George Washington's Diary of September, 1784, kept during his journey into the Ohio Basin. With a Commentary by Archer Butler Hulbert. Maps. 2 vols. 8vo, cloth. New York, 1905
417. Marshall's Life of Washington, 5 vols., with Atlas (binding not uniform), Phila. 1804; Life and Times of Washington (Schroeder), 2 vols. N. Y., n. d.; Life and Writings of Washington (Sparks), 8 odd vols.; Monuments of Washington's Patriotism, Facsimiles of his Accounts with the United States, 3 different editions; and others. Together 22 vols. various sizes and bindings.
418.  Orderly Book of General George Washington, kept at Valley Forge. Boston, 1898; Proceedings of the General Society of the Cincinnati, with the Original Institution of the Order. Phila. 1841; Revolutionary Orders of Washington. N. Y. 1844, and others. 6 vols. 8vo, cloth and boards.
419.  General Orders issued at Newburg, 1782-83. New[burg, 1883; Reprint of the Original Letters from Washington to Joseph Reed. Phila. 1852; Remarks on same. By Jared Sparks. Boston, 1853; Oration on the 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Washington. By Francis C. Gray. Boston, 1832, and other pamphlets. 9 pieces.
420.  The Life of George Washington. By John Corry. Portrait by Scoles. N. Y. 1807; Biographical Memoirs. By [Thomas Condie.] Phila. 1801; Life of Washington. By M. L. Weems. Illustrated. Phila. 1809; and others. 17 vols. various sizes and bindings. 421. Writings. With a Life of the Author. By Jared Sparks. Frontispieces. 12 vols. 8 vols. in calf and 4 vols. in cloth, paper labels. Boston, v. d.
422. L. s., 1 p. folio. Headquarters, August 3, 1780. To Brig. Gen. Knox. Worn in folds, and mounted.
"I wish to be informed, whether what arms and accoutrements you have on hand, together with those in the Magazines capable of being put in repair in three weeks; are sufficient to equip five thousand men,'' etc.
423. WASHINGTON AND THE REVOLUTION. pamphlets.
424. WELLES (GIDEON). L. s., 2 pp. 4to; Tench Coxe. D. s.; Samuel Jones, Chief Justice of New York. A. L. s.; Powhatan Ellis. A. L. s.; and others. 11 pieces.
425. WETMORE (ALPHONSO). Gazetteer of the State of Missouri. Engraved plate (no map). 8vo, original cloth (worn, and some edges stained). St. Louis, 1837
FIRST EDITION. Scarce.
426. WHARTON (JOHN). The Virginia Wreath and Original Poems. 12mo, sheep. (Scribbling on last page.)
FIRST EDITION. Scarce.
427. WHITE ACRE vs. Black Acre. A Case at Law, reported by J. G. 12mo, cloth. 2 copies. Richmond, 1856