« IndietroContinua »
44. Bibliography of Tennyson (1827-1894 inclusive). Imp. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
London, 1896 One of 35 copies on Large Paper. 45. Forman (H. Buxton). The Books of William Morris described with some account of his doings in Literature and in the allied Crafts. Portrait and facsimiles. 8vo, buckram, gilt top, uncut.
London, 1897 Bibliography of the Works of William Morris. Ву Temple Scott. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
London, 1897 47. Illustrated Sporting Books. By J. Herbert Slater. 12mo, cloth.
London, 1899 Winship (George Parker). Cabot Bibliography. With an Introductory Essay on the Careers of the Cabots. 8vo, cloth, uncut.
New York, 1900
Cleveland: Rowfant Club, 1904 50. Rutherford (Livingston). John Peter Zenger, His Press, His Trial, and a Bibliography of Zenger's Imprints. Portraits and facsimiles. 8vo, buckram, uncut. New York, 1904
One of 325 copies. 51. --- Illustrated Catalogue De Luxe of the Very Valuable Art Property collected by the late Robert Hoe. Numerous reproductions. Thick 4to, parchment wrappers, uncut. SCARCE. One of 275 copies.
New York, 1911
52. Colored Plate Books and their Values. Edited by Francis P. Harper. 12mo, cloth.
Princeton, 1913 33. Catalogue of the American Library of the late George Brinley. 5 Parts, with printed prices. 5 vols., 8vo, wrappers, uncut.
Boston, v. d. Fine copy. Scarce. 54. - The Bibliography of Ruskin (1834-1881). 12mo, cloth.
London, n. d.
55. BIBLIOPHILE SOCIETY. Horace. The Odes and Epodes of Horace. Latin text edited by Clement L. Smith. With versions, Paraphrases, and explanatory notes, by eminent scholars, statesmen and poets, Introduction by Archbishop Ireland. 7 vols. in 9 vols.; (Also) A Thousand Horatian Quotations. With appreciations (Testimonia) of Horace in Ancient Writers. Selected and Classified by Henry A. Metcalf. One vol. Portrait and plates in two states, one on Japanese paper, and one on plate paper, numerous vignettes, facsimiles of title-pages, etc. Together, 10 vols. Square 8vo, full brown levant morocco, gilt and inlaid leaf sprays, gilt tops, uncut.
56. André's Journal; an Authentic Record of the Movements and Engagements of the British Army in America from June, 1777, to November, 1778, as recorded from day to day, by Major John André. Edited by Henry Cabot Lodge. With 2 portraits of André, one etched by Bicknell, proof on India paper, the other engraved on wood by Hopson, proof on Japanese paper, both signed; title in two states, one on vellum, the other on India paper, and 44 facsimile reproductions of original maps, and plans drawn by Major André. 2 vols., royal 8vo, vellum, gilt tops, uncut. One of 467 copies.
Boston, 1903 57. Dibdin (Thomas Frognall). The Bibliomania or BookMadness. History, Symptoms and Cure, of this fatal disease. Introduction by Richard Garnett. With frontispiece to each volume, etched by W. H. W. Bicknell, after original oil paintings by Howard Pyle, made especially for this work, each plate in two states, one a remarque proof on Japanese paper, the other on Holland paper, without remarque. 4 vols., square 8vo, crushed green levant morocco, inlaid and gilt ornaments on sides, gilt tops, uncut (one back faded).
Boston, 1903 One of 483 copies. 58. Marat (Jean Paul). Polish letters. Translation from the original unpublished manuscript. Portrait and facsimiles. 2 vols., 8vo, boards, uncut.
Boston, 1904 One of 461 copies. 59. Henry the Leper (Der Arme Heinrich). Paraphrases by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. With introduction by William P. Trent. Etched portrait by Bicknell, photogravure plates and facsimile of manuscript. 2 vols., 4to, half vellum, uncut. Boston, 1905
One of 477 copies. Volume 1 is an exact facsimile of the original manuscript never before published. 60. Jones (John Paul). Letters. Printed from the unpublished originals. Introductory remarks by General Horace Porter and Franklin B. Sanborn. Portrait and facsimile of an autograph letter by Jones. 8vo, half vellum, uncut.
Boston, 1905 Edition Limited, printed on Japanese paper.
Lamb (Charles). Letters, in which many mutilated works and passages have been restored to their original form. With letters never before published and an Introduction by Henry H. Harper. Etched frontispieces and titles on Japanese paper, portrait of Lamb, Etched by James Fagan, and printed in two states, facsimiles of letters, etc. One vol. folio, half vellum, and 4 vols. 8vo, brown boards. Together 5 vols. uncut. .
Boston, 1905 One of 453 copies, printed on Dutch hand-made paper. 62. Thoreau (Henry D.). The First and Last Journeys of Thoreau, lately discovered among unpublished Journals and Manuscripts. Edited by Franklin B. Sanborn. Portrait and facsimiles. 2 vols. 8vo, half calf, uncut.
Boston, 1905 One of 489 copies.
Thoreau (Henry David). Sir Walter Raleigh. Lately discovered among Thoreau's Unpublished Manuscripts. Introduction by Franklin B. Sanborn. Edited by Henry A. Metcalf. Portrait. 8vo, half calf, uncut.
Boston, 1905 One of 489 copies. 64. The Idylls and Epigram of Theocritus, Bion and Moschus. Edited by Henry A. Metcalf. Introduction by W. C. Lawton. Engraved title on Japanese paper by J. A. Wilcox, photogravure and other illustrations. 3 vols. royal 8vo, boards, uncut.
Boston, 1905 One of 477 copies. The Greek Text, with the English translation on opposite page. 65. Bryant and Thoreau. Unpublished poems by Bryant, “Musings,” by William Cullen Bryant; and “Godfrey of Bologne," by Henry D. Thoreau. Etched and photogravure portraits and facsimiles of both Manuscripts. Small 4to, vellum, uncut. One of 470 copies on vellum.
Boston, 1907 66. Burns (Robert). The Geddes Burns. Portrait on Japanese paper, facsimile portrait and autograph. 8vo, full calf, gilt border, uncut.
Boston, 1907 One of 473 copies. An exact facsimile of the original. 67. -- Payne-Shelley Letters. The Romance of Mary W. Shelley, John Howard Payne, and Washington Irving. 2 etched portraits, on Japanese paper. 8vo, half calf, uncut. Boston, 1907
One of 470 copies. 68. The Varick Court Inquiry to Investigate the Implication of Colonel Varick (Arnold's Private Secretary) in the Arnold Treason. Edited by Albert Bushnell Hart. Etched portrait on Japanene paper, by Bicknell and facsimiles of autograph. Royal 8vo, pigskin, gilt top, uncut.
Boston, 1907 One of 470 copies. 69. Charles Dickens and Maria Beadnell. Private Correspondence. Edited by George P. Baker. Etched portrait by Bicknell, portraits reproduecd from original sketches, one in colors, facsimiles of letters, etc. Royal 8vo, half vellum, uncut. One of 493 copies.
Boston, 1908 70. — Dickens (Charles). Speech delivered at Gore House, Kensington, May 10, 1851. Printed from the original Autograph Manuscript. Square 8vo, original blue wrappers, uncut. Limited edition.
Boston, 1909 71. Fiske (John). Unpublished Orations. trait on Japanese paper, by Bicknell. 8vo, vellum back, board sides, uncut.
Boston, 1909 One of 489 copies.
Keats (John). Unpublished Poems to his Sister Fanny, April 1818. Etched title, with two vignette portraits of Keats and
his Sister, and facsimile of the original manuscript. 8vo, buckram sides, uncut.
Boston, 1909 One of 489 copies.
73. — Thoreau (Henry D.). Walden. Portrait etched by Bicknell, proof on Japanese paper, title-pages etched by W. F. Hopson, in two states, one a proof on vellum, photogravure, and facsimiles. 2 vols., 8vo, vellum, uncut.
Boston, 1909 One of 489 copies.
74. Davis (John). Travels in the United States of North America, 1798-1902. Edited by John Vance Cheney. 2 vols., 8vo, vellum back, board sides, uncut.
Boston, 1910 One of 487 copies.
75. Dickens (Charles). The Dickens-Kolle Letters. Edited by Harry B. Smith. Supplemental to the Letters from Charles Dickens to Maria Beadnell. With 2 etched portraits on Japanese paper, one by Bicknell, facsimile of autograph letter by Dickens. 8vo, half vellum, uncut.
Boston, 1910 One of 483 copies.
76. First to Ninth Year Books. Illustrations. 9 vols., 8vo, boards, uncut.
Boston, v. d.
77. — A set of Final Proof Etchings, with Title, of "The Varick Court of Inquiry.” Specially struck off for Mr. Brewster; Prospectus of “The Letters of Charles Lamb,” with Title by E. D. French, and etchings; Fourth Annual Banquet; Prospectus of “Walden”; The Function of the Book Club. By Henry H. Harper. As a lot.
78. BIRNBAUM (MARTIN). Catalogue of a Collection of Drawings by Aubrey Beardsley. Introduction by Martin Birnbaum, 1912, Charles Conder. (A biographical sketch.) 1911. 2 pamphlets. 12mo, wrappers.
79. BIRRELL (AUGUSTINE). Men, Women and Books; In the Name of the Bodleian; Obiter Dicta, First and Second Series. Together 4 vols., 12mo, cloth, gilt tops, uncut. New York, 1894
80. BLACKMORE (R. D.). Lorna Doone. Cleveland, 1890 ; Ave Roma Immortalis, 2 vols. New York, 1899; Elsie Venner (Holmes), Boston, 1886; and others. Together 7 vols. royal 8vo and 12mo, cloth.
81. BLAKE (WILLIAM). Young (Edward). The Complaint and the Consolation; or, Night Thoughts. With the beautiful series of 43 engravings by William Blake. Large folio, full maroon levant morocco, gilt tooling, gilt top, by Sangorski and Sutcliffe.
London: Printed by R. Noble, 1797 A FINE COPY OF THE VERY RARE FIRST EDITION.
82. BLANCHAN (NELTJE). Nature's Garden an aid to Knowledge of our Wild Flowers and their Insect Visitors. Colored plates and other illustrations. Imperial 8vo, cloth, uncut. FIRST EDITION.
New York, 1900
83. BLEW (WILLIAM C. A.). Brighton and its Coaches. A History of the London and Brighton Road. 20 illustrations from original water color drawings, all colored by hand. Royal 8vo, cloth, gilt top, uncut.
London, 1894 FIRST EDITION.
84. BOCCACCIO. The Decameron. Revised translation by W. K. Kelly. Portrait and 10 illustrations by Flameng. 12mo, full maroon morocco, gilt top.
London, n. d. A FINE AND DESIRABLE COPY, having 12 extra plates inserted, and a Manuscript translation of the Tenth Novel of the Third Day, has been inserted at the end.
85. BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER (The). Illuminated, and illustrated with engravings from the works of the Great Masters. Extended to two volumes. Royal 8vo, sheets, uncut.
London: Murray, 1845 THE VOLUME HAS BEEN FURTHER ILLUSTRATED by the insertion of a number of engraved portraits and reproductions of appropriate gravings. 86. London, 1704; The Book of Mormon. Salt Lake City, 1883; The Holy Scriptures, translated and corrected by Joseph Smith, 1867; "Jefferson Bible.” St. Louis, n. d. 4 vols., 12mo, various bindings.
87. BOOK OF TABLE TALK (The). Numerous woodcuts in text. 2 vols., 12mo, half calf.
London, 1836 FIRST EDITION.
88. BOOKPLATES. Ipsen (Ludwig S.). Bookplates. With foreword by Winfred P. Truesdell. Portrait and reproductions. 8vo, boards, parchment back, gilt top, uncut.
Boston, 1904 One of 50 copies printed on Japan paper. 89. Hall (Frederick G.). Bookplates. With a short text by R. Clipston Sturgis, Jr. Reproductions. 8vo, boards, vellum back, gilt top.
Boston, 1905 One of 50 copies printed on Japan vellum, signed by the author. 90. Ex Libris. Vol. 1, July, 1896 to April, 1897. Nos. 1 to 4. Reproductions. Square 8vo, half morocco, gilt top. One of 310 copies printed.
Washington, n. d.
91. BOOKS ABOUT ART. Great Epochs in Art History (Hoppin), Boston, 1901; A History of American Art (Hartmann), 2 vols., Boston, 1902; The Book of the Art of Cennino Cennini (Herringham), N. Y. 1899; and others. Illustrations. 13 vols., 12mo and 8vo, cloth and paper.