« IndietroContinua »
297. (HOWELLS (W. D.).]. Lives and Speeches of Abraham Lincoln and Hannibal Hamlin. 2 portraits. 12mo, half cloth.
Columbus, Ohio, 1860 FIRST EDITION. Signature of the author on title.
298. HOWELLS (W. D.). A Counterfeit Presentment. 16mo, cloth.
Boston, 1877 FIRST EDITION. Inscribed by the author.
299. HOWELLS (W. D.). The Garroters. Illustrations. 16mo, original cloth.
New York, 1886 First Edition. With autograph inscription by the author.
300. HOWELLS (W. D.). Venetian Life. 12mo, cloth.
Boston, 1896 With autograph of the author on title.
301. HOWELLS (W. D.). Their Silver Wedding Journey. Illustrated. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth, uncut.
New York, 1899 FIRST EDITION. With autograph of the author in each volume.
302. HOWELLS (W. D.). A Modern Instance. 12mo, cloth.
Boston, n.d. With the autograph of the author on title.
303. HOWELLS (W. D.). Criticism and Fiction, N. Y., 1892; The Mulberries in Pay's Garden. Cincinnati, n.d. 2 vols. 12mo, cloth.
FIRST EDITIONS. Signature of the author in each volume.
304. HOWELLS (W. D.). Seven English Cities; Imaginary Interviews; My Mark Twain. Illustrations. FIRST EDITIONS. 3 vols., small 8vo, cloth.
New York, 1909-10
305. HUBBARD (ELBERT). Contemplations. Being several Short Essays, Helpful Sermonettes, Epigrams and Orphic Sayings. Printed in red and black. Portrait and illustrations. 4to, boards, parchment back, uncut. East Aurora: Roycroft Press, 1902
With autograph inscription by the author, beneath his portrait: “A sarcastic woman said this book was her Bible and she liked it especially because there was a picture of God for a frontispiece.”
306. HUBBARD (ELBERT). Christmas Eve. By Robert Browning; Ali Baba; Little Journeys to the Home of Robert Browning, and others. 7 vols., small 4to, limp calf, and boards.
East Aurora : Roycroft Press, v.d. Five of the copies contain autograph inscriptions from Elbert Hubbard to Mr. Young.
307. HUDSON (THOMAS JAY). Original Manuscript of "The Rise, Progress, and Decline of Modern Spiritism.” Written in pencil on 70 pages of folio size.
BOOKS INSCRIBED BY HUYSMANS 308. HUYSMANS (J. K.). Un Dilemme. 18mo, sewn, uncut (front wrapper wanthig and shaken).
Paris, 1887 First Edition. Autograph presentation copy from the author to Jean Dolent, and autograph presentation inscription from the latter to Mme. H. Korsowska.
309. HUYSMANS (J. K.). La Bievre et Saint-Severin. 12mo, wrappers, uncut (shaken).
Paris, 1898 FIRST EDITION. Autographed by the author.
310. HYDE (DOUGLAS). ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT of his “Early History of the Irish People.” Written in pencil on about 60 pages of quarto size, in a copy book.
A very remarkable specimen of the work of this gifted author.
311. HYDE (DOUGLAS). ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT. Written in Gaelic, in pencil, title unknown. 16 pp. 4to.
312. ICELANDIC AUTHORS. Ferdaminningar. By Gudmundur Magnusson, 1905; Halla, by Jon Trausti, n.d.; Hellismenn, by Indridi Einarsson, 1897, and others. 11 vols., various sizes, wrappers and cloth, uncut.
Reykjavik, v.d. With autograph inscription by the author in each volume. 313. IDYLLES DE CHAMBRE (Prarond), 1894; Un Retour de Jeunesse (Barbier), n.d.; Les Voix de la Lande (Allo), 1908; Près de Foyer et dans les Champs (Pincon), 1908, and others, by Bois, Amiel, Bataille, etc. 15 vols. 12mo and 8vo, wrappers, uncut. .
Paris, v.d. Mostly First EDITIONS. With a poetic, presentation or other inscription by the author in each volume.
314. IMPERIAL DEMOCRACY (Jordan), 1899; The Colonial Era (Fisher), 1897 ; Recollections (Childs), 1892; Studies of Contemporary Superstition (Mallock), 1895; and others. 6 vols. 12mo, cloth.
V.p., v.d. Some FIRST EDITIONS. With autograph inscription by the author in each volume.
315. IMPRESSIONS de Nature et d'Art (Madame Daudet), 1879; Les Poètes Lyriques de l'Autriche (Marchand), 1886; Querelles Littéraires (Becque), 1890, and others, by Du Bois, Doumic, Merlet, etc. 13 vols., various sizes and bindings. Paris, v.d.
Some First Editions. Autograph presentation copies to Jules Lemaitre, Emile Zola, and others. All but one volume inscribed.
316. ISLAM SAHARIEN (Pommerol), n.d.; La Science des Mages (Papus), 1892; Les Prodiges d'Allah; A Lourdes avec Zola (Lacaze), 1894; Le Monde sera-t-il Catholique? (Metzger), n.d.; La Fin des Religions (Dide), n.d., and others, by Abbé Charbonnel, R. Delpla, Francois Bournand and others. 14 vols., 12mo, wrappers, uncut.
Paris, v.d. Mainly First EDITIONS. Autograph inscription by the author in each volume; presentation copies to Emile Zola and others.
317. ITALIAN FICTION, etc. L'Attrattiva (Marescotti), 1901; Fior da Fiore (Pascoli), 1905; Rebelion (Joyzelle), n.d., and others, by Pasq. de Luca, I. Vinti, Matilde Serao, Maria Baciocchi, etc. 22 vols. 4to and smaller.
V.p., v.d. Some First EDITIONS. With author's autograph inscription in nearly every volume.
318. JANZE (LA VICOMTESSE DE). Etude et Récits sur Alfred de Musset. With two illustrations after the originals by Alfred de Musset. 12mo, wrappers, uncut.
Paris, 1891 First Edition. With autograph inscription by the author.
319. JEBB (R. C.). Humanism in Education. 8vo, wrappers.
London, 1899 First EDITION. With autograph inscription by the author.
320. JEWETT (SARAH ORNE). Strangers and Wayfarers. 12mo, cloth.
Boston, 1891 With the author's autograph on title.
321. JOIES DE L'HEURE (LES), by Albert Merat, 1902; Les Ailes du Reve (Bernès), n.d.; Les Angoisses (Morsier), 1894; and others, by Nigond, Delisle, Ajalbert, etc. 7 vols, 12mo and 8vo, wrappers, uncut.
Paris, v.d. Some FIRST EDITIONS. With autograph inscription in each volume.
322. JORDAN (DAVID S.). and HEATH (HAROLD). Animal Forms. Illustrated. 12mo, cloth.
New York, 1902 First Edition. With a long autograph inscription, signed.
323. JORDAN (DAVID STARR). True Tales of Birds and Beasts. Illustrated. 12mo, cloth.
Boston, 1902 With autograph poem by the author, signed.
324. JUST IRISH (Loomis), 1909; The Haunts of Men (Chambers), n.d.; The Witch of Prague (Crawford), 1891; The Secret Orchard (Castle), 1901; Blue-Grass and Rhododendron (Fox), 1901. 5 vols. 12mo, cloth.
V.p., v.d. Mainly First Editions. With autograph inscription by the author in each volume.
325. KAUFFMANN (REGINALD WRIGHT). MANUSCRIPT, of “The House of Bondage." About 720 pages, folio, signed.
326. KEATS (JOHN). The Eve of St. Agnes. With a Preface by Edmund Gosse. Printed in brown and black. Woodcuts and ornamental initials. Svo, boards, uncut.
Chicago, 1900 One of 800 copies on hand-made paper. With a signed inscription by Gosse.
327. KING OSCAR OF SWEDEN. Manuscript Poem of three pages, entitled “Nordanstorm, and one page on Goethe's Faust. Both written on royal letter paper, with beautiful monogram and crown in gold and colors. Signed with the king's emblem.
Mr. Young obtained these specimens through the King's niece, Elizabeth of Roumania.
328. KING (GRACE). Tales of Time and Place; Balcony Stories; New Orleans; The Place and the People. 3 vols. 12mo, cloth.
New York, 1892-99 Each volume inscribed by the author.
329. KINGSLEY (CHARLES). Westward Ho! or The Voyages and Adventures of Sir Amyas Leigh. Illustrations. 12mo, cloth, gilt tops.
330. LA FERME A GORON (Beauclair), 1888; Le Jour de l'An d'un Vagabond (Glatigny), 1869; Le Centenaire de JeanJacques (Dumur), and others, by Barres, Darzens, Borgeaud, etc. 18 vols., various sizes, wrappers, uncut.
Paris, v.d. Some FIRST EDITIONS. With autograph inscription by the author in each volume.
331. LAMARTINE (ALPHONSE DE). Original Manuscript of a Poem entitled “A Némesis, "' written in answer to an attack by Barthelemy, which is copied on the pages sold with the above. Together 11 pages, of octavo size, signed at the end and dated July 12, 1831. With typewritten translation.
332. LANG (ANDREW). The True Story Book. With numerous illustrations. 12mo, half gray morocco, gilt top, uncut, and unopened.
London, 1893 FIRST EDITION. Scarce in uncut condition. From the Augustin Daly library.
333. LANG (ANDREW). The Yellow Fairy Book. With numerous illustrations. 12mo, half orange morocco, gilt top, uncut and unopened.
London, 1894 FIRST EDITION. Scarce in uncut condition.
334. LANG (ANDREW). Angling Sketches, London, 1891; Essays in Little, London, 1891; Ban and Arriere Ban, London, 1894. FIRST EDITIONS. 12mo, cloth.
335. LANG (ANDREW). Letters to Dead Authors, London, 1886; Lost Leaders, London, 1889; Old Friends, London, 1890. Together 3 vols. 12mo, cloth and half parchment.
336. LANG (ANDREW). He, London, 1887; Prince Ricardo of Pantouflia, Bristol, n.d.; The Red Fairy Book, London, 1890 ; The Library, London, 1892. Together 4 vols. 12mo, cloth and paper.
First three mentioned are FIRST EDITIONS.
337. LAVEDAN (HENRI). ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT, signed, of “Leurs Soeurs.” 42 pp., various sizes, with typewritten translation.
338. LAVEDAN (HENRI). Leur Coeur, n.d.; Une Famille, 1891; Le Bon Temps, 1906 ; Mam'zelle Vertu, n.d.; Le Duel, 1906, and others. 13 vols. 12mo, wrappers, uncut.
Paris, v.d. Mainly First EDITIONS. With autograph inscription by the author in each volume.
339. LE GALLIENNE (RICHARD). ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT, signed, of the lecture, “Omar Khayyam. folio.
This Lecture was delivered by Le Gallienne in St. Paul and Minneapolis in November, 1900, and January, 1901, and an inscription on the back of the last leaf presents the manuscript to Mr. Young. Two or three of the leaves it would seem originally contained clippings laid down (interspersed references), but these have been cut out as perhaps unnecessary, or lengthening the lecture too much.
340. LE GALLIENNE (RICHARD). ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT, signed, of 'Fifty Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam,” paraphrased from literal translations. A printed copy is included.
341. LE GALLIENNE (RICHARD). ORIGINAL AUTOGRAPH MANUSCRIPT, signed, of "The Life Romantic." 148 pp. 4to, together with about a dozen pages of miscellaneous manuscript drafts and sketches (the first page torn).
342. LE GALLIENNE (RICHARD). Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. A Paraphrase from several literal translations. Narrow 8vo, parchment boards, uncut (back worn).
London, 1897 With the following autograph inscription by Le Gallienne:
“This is the best book that I ever wrote
Khayyam & I-the only one I quote. R. le G.” “['R. le G.' means Richard Le Gallienne. ] };